Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him (1263 Views)

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2014
It's not being the best of times for Christ Embassy, especially for its founder Pst Chris Oyakhilome. Even the most faithful friends can abandon one in the thick of trying times.

Though I worship in the RCCG , I can categorically say I've being immensely blessed by the great messages of Pst Chris.

His recent marital saga has not negatively affected my perception of him AT ALL. If anything, the challenges just confirmed the fact that men of God, however highly placed, are still human, and are therefore subject to failures and indiscretion, and that while we may still see them as role models, Christ should be our utmost Guide and role model. I pray God heals his home and brings back his family to where it was
before.

God bless us all.
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by vooks: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2014
As a fellow married man, I really empathize with him. Divorce or a troubled marriage can take its toll on your entire psyche. I would never wish it on the worst of mine enemies.

What will come out of this saga is
1. Christ Embassy fanatics will somewhat RATIONALIZE divorce and deem it as 'not that bad since Daddy did it anyway'. Expect rabid scriptural arguments justifying him

2. The topic has and will remain an abomination among his most rabid fans. There will be little to no inflection, no lessons learnt

3. The wise ones will for once see through the man-is-goD heresy where believers are taught that they are goDs, and they can be disease&poverty-free simply by having faith and reciting prosperity verses. A man in Christ is not in control of ALL or even half of the circumstances under the fallen creation and this is the biggest lesson

5 Likes

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by RColours: 7:07am On Oct 28, 2014
It hasn't. I've never really been a fan of his, or made his ministry my business. But I know someone who this crises might have affected terribly.
I know her as a devoted member, from Sunday services to midweek services. She'd buy the Rapsody of realities daily devotional monthly and share to us.
Countless times, she's tried to invite me for church programs, which I'd forever politely turned down. But of recent, she'd completely quit all of that. The worst is, she doesn't even go to church anymore.
It's quite surprising, and somewhat sad thing to see.

You should follow God, and not man. My advice though.

I passed by their Church building yesterday afternoon, a huge one, along Bodija, Ibadan. The edifice is presently listed as "for sale". I just hope it ain't related to their marital issues.

3 Likes

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by okosodo: 7:22am On Oct 28, 2014
No because women are witches
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by vooks: 7:26am On Oct 28, 2014
so you are a son of a witch?
okosodo:
No because women are witches
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 7:35am On Oct 28, 2014
RColours:
It hasn't. I've never really been a fan of his, or made his ministry my business. But I know someone who this crises might have affected terribly.
I know her as a devoted member, from Sunday services to midweek services. She'd buy the Rapsody of realities daily devotional monthly and share to us.
Countless times, she's tried to invite me for church programs, which I'd forever politely turned down. But of recent, she'd completely quit all of that. The worst is, she doesn't even go to church anymore.
It's quite surprising, and somewhat sad thing to see.

You should follow God, and not man. My advice though.

I passed by their Church building yesterday afternoon, a huge one, along Bodija, Ibadan. The edifice is presently listed as "for sale". I just hope it ain't related to their marital issues.

Hmmmm. Indeed it's trying times. I pray God upholds His Church.

I believe the sister you talked about couldn't take the mockery and ridicule from others anymore.

Like you said, we should look up Christ, as He's the Author u Finisher of our faith.

These are times that try the souls of men.
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by lastmessenger: 8:11am On Oct 28, 2014
Yea it affected my perception of him to a large extent. It made me see his spiritual pride and disregard for women. He is the first minister that was comfortable to talk bad stuff about his wife in the public.
Infact the latest happening in his marriage turned me off on things concerning him. I don't watch him anymore simply because whenever I do I see a man who does not regard family.

1 Like

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by PastorKun(m): 8:27am On Oct 28, 2014
To answer the OP's question, his recent marital saga did not affect my perception of him. I have always known him to be a philandering, conceited charlatan so the marriage saga merely confirmed my opinion of him. But I must admit my opinion of him descended to new lows when I read his response to the whole matter with him ridiculing his wife publicly and his insanely arrogant infallibility claims.

3 Likes

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2014
lastmessenger:
Yea it affected my perception of him to a large extent. It made me see his spiritual pride and disregard for women. He is the first minister that was comfortable to talk bad stuff about his wife in the public.
Infact the latest happening in his marriage turned me off on things concerning him. I don't watch him anymore simply because whenever I do I see a man who does not regard family.

That's why we're individuals: we see the same thing but have different interpretations.

You've raised certain salient points I will have to look into afresh, especially concerning his alleged disregard to women.

1 Like

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by lastmessenger: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2014
dein77:

That's why we're individuals: we see the same thing but have different interpretations.

You've raised certain salient points I will have to look into afresh, especially concerning his alleged disregard to women.
Yes is painful to see that things turned out the way it is. He is one of those ministers that I had a high regard for but this latest happenings changed everything.
The major problem I have is not even that he is gonna have a divorce but his handling of it is just too poor.
Even as a single guy, I can't talk bad about a girl a dated in the past not to talk of the wife that I will marry.

1 Like

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by vooks: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
It is an ego thing. When a girl turns you down, you go bragging to your buddies that you rejected her. When she dumps you, you would never confess that to nobody, you say you dumped her. Oyaks would have you believe that he had it with Anita and he had to cut her loose but the fact is he was dumped BIG. Men can be so vain. Only problem is this is coming from a goD who is married to a mere mortal Anita. Comical

lastmessenger:

Yes is painful to see that things turned out the way it is. He is one of those ministers that I had a high regard for but this latest happenings changed everything.
The major problem I have is not even that he is gonna have a divorce but his handling of it is just too poor.
Even as a single guy, I can't talk bad about a girl a dated in the past not to talk of the wife that I will marry.

1 Like

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2014
lastmessenger:

Yeah. It's really painful. It's really sad things turned this way. I think you're right concerning the poor manner it was handled.
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by Alexis86: 10:22am On Oct 28, 2014
pastor Chris remains a man of God. bad things happen to everybody
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2014
PastorKun:
To answer the OP's question, his recent marital saga did not affect my perception of him. I have always known him to be a philandering, conceited charlatan so the marriage saga merely confirmed my opinion of him. But I must admit my opinion of him descended to new lows when I read his response to the whole matter with him ridiculing his wife publicly and his insanely arrogant infallibility claims.

I have learned some lessons from this saga.

We should value our wives. Never take them for granted. Respect them. And we should be humble and courageous enough to apologise to them when we've messed up.

We are not INFALLIBLE!
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by PastorKun(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2014
Alexis86:
pastor Chris remains a self acclaimed man of God. bad things happen to everybody

Corrected cool

1 Like

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2014
Alexis86:

Haba! He's a man of God.
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by lastmessenger: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
dein77:

I have learned some lessons from this saga.

We should value our wives. Never take them for granted. Respect them. And we should be humble and courageous enough to apologise to them when we've messed up.

We are not INFALLIBLE!
I love this. Women are to be respected.
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by lastmessenger: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Alexis86:
Ya he is a man of God but pride goes before a fall.

1 Like

Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by dein77(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
lastmessenger:

I love this. Women are to be respected.

We very often foolishly undermine and underestimate our wives. We pretend like we don't need them as our pillars; that's one big lie. Once a woman's heart leaves, it's very hard to return. When they love, it's because they chose to.

We should appreciate, applaud and honour them. God is always with the man whose wife is happy with!
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by Alexis86: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
PastorKun:

Corrected cool
whatever
Re: Pst Chris Oyakhilome: Does His Recent Marital Saga Affect Your Perception Of Him by oloriooko(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2014
Alexis86:

Being a man of God and being a loving husband are two separate things, do not get them mixed up.
Being a great man of God does not necessarily make him a great husband to the wife and loving father to the kids.
It's a pity!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aliens Are Demons In Disguise / Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrine Collapses On This Basic Premise (must Read) / So Many People Who Tried To Stop Christianity Never Lived Long# Take Your Time A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.