Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! (953 Views)

Create A Stress-free Contact Form For Your Website/blog. Just Copy And Paste! / Phone Numbers Validating application / How To Create Birthday Table/form In Php And Mysql? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! by Terry1(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2014
I am having problem getting the contact form on my website to work. I did the website in Frontpage. When submitted, it returns an error instead of sending the result to my email.
Here is the form "long no longer available'.

Please I need help to get it to work.

HELP!!!
Re: Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! by umaryusuf(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2014
Is like d form is sent to a processing script saved in a .HTML file? Change ur file extension to .PHP or what ever dynamic language u used.
Re: Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! by Terry1(m): 8:37am On Oct 28, 2014
umaryusuf:
Is like d form is sent to a processing script saved in a .HTML file? Change ur file extension to .PHP or what ever dynamic language u used.

Thanks Umar,
Please I do not understand you. how do I go about making the change?
Re: Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! by dwebdesign(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2014
Look at the code of the form,

You will see

<form method="POST" action="filename.php" >

The "filename.php" is where the data from your form is been processed either to send it to the database or you use php send mail function mail(); to get the details.

If you don't understand and want further clarification,

Mobile: 08133884165

Whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

Am a website developer/ website designer.
Re: Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! by Terry1(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2014
dwebdesign:
Look at the code of the form,
You will see
<form method="POST" action="filename.php">
The "filename.php" is where the data from your form is been processed either to send it to the database or you use php send mail function mail(); to get the details.

Thanks.
I generated the contact form in Frontpage.
Here is how mine look like: <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="_derived/nortbots.htm" onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" webbot-onSubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">

Going by the suggestion you gave of "filename.php" does it mean I have to create a php file to process the form? If yes, I do not know how to do this. I really need the result to be sent to my email. can you help with a php file to process the form?
Thanks for your help.

(1) (Reply)

web / Bulk SMS Provider Urgently Needed / Professional Apps For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.