Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Read And Correct - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Read And Correct (1035 Views)

Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics / How Current And Correct Is The Nairaland 'viewing This Topic' Status? / Disgusting Misuse Of Rotfl, Brb, Uwc, Lwgaf, U2m... D Way U Use Em Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read And Correct by ghost1718(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
if this cassava commit suicide all of una go carry mouth go sleep
Re: Read And Correct by Evina(f): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2014
My grand children came back from Lagos for holidays and their mama left them in my care and went back to Lagos.

Everyday, these children converse in English I don't understand. l can't send them on errands.

On a certain day, I prepared cassava for cooking and I intended to go out. l began to think about how I would inform them. Suddenly, I remembered a grammar.

On my way out, I said to them, "if this Cassava uses a jump rope, you children will sleep with your mouth" grin They all began to laugh at me to the extent that it has become a daily teaser, But, I did not make any mistakes now, in Igbo it is 'Oburu na akpu a
akwuo udo, unu ga ebu onu alakpu ura. Please help translate in English.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Nice one wink

1 Like

Re: Read And Correct by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Read And Correct by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Lol.. Carry rope jump indeed. And besides the english interpretation of 'oburu na akpu akwu udo' is 'if this cassava commits sucide'.

1 Like

Re: Read And Correct by Lovetinz(m): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Evina ^^The like is for the effort you made. Nice.
Re: Read And Correct by Evina(f): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2014
Lovetinz:
Evina ^^The like is for the effort you made. Nice.

smiley smiley wink

(1) (Reply)

Your Biggest Testimony Of 2014??? / Abubakar Shekau, Bokoharam Leader Dead?? / Why Cant We Hv Queen N King Of Nairaland Someone Dt Stimulates Bother G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.