Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members (6706 Views)

Rich Churches Poor Members / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Rich Churches,poor Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Exactely my thoughts, sometimes our popular magazines lie or distort the truth. I once read Bishop Oyedepo's saying that the dailies were lieing about him having 4 private jets, and that he had only 2. Look at the case of Oyakhilome his wife is divorcing him for inappropraite relationship, but the popular dailies in nigeria here said Adultery.

Am doubting this Forbes magazine account, it sounds too good to be true, the exchange rate of dollar to naira is very high, and yet no american mega pastor is on the top list. Besides forbes magazine has a history for being negative towards the prosperity creed.
. My dear brother, you amaze me with your kind of talks o! Don't you know he can realize much more than $150,000,000 from covenant university alone?? This is a school that has for tuition fees close to a million naira. Now assume there are 3000 students (of which they should be MUCH more than i tell you) and they each pay 500,000 (on average o) 3,000 x 500,000= 1,5 billion "PER SESSION oo" excluding the one from land mark o? Then prophet offerings from people especially the likes of jonathan. You don't know what you are saying oooo. He also has businesses in the camp ground o abi?? He is worth much much much more than that. Winners members are in their "MILLIONS" with offerings given "at least" on sundays! Now tell me, na GOD wan come down chop the money?? $150,000,000 is just about 25 billion naira plus oooo. Don't get it twisted wink

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
@yooguyz you are i know that covenant university should have a student population of about 10,000 there about sha abi? Plus all the money for admission forms people will pay, plus the money he should be realizing from dominion air abi? Plus tithes, offerings, prophet offerings, primary and secondary schools, landmark, churches in diaspora, businesses in the camp ground, etc. abi?? My dear the ego PLENTY wella. He should be worth much more i tell you. Oyedepo, help the poor, help the youths, create industries that will give you money and CREATE jobs as well. GOD Bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
vooks:
The most startling bit is not that Pastors are wealthy, but that the source of their wealth is almost entirely from their members' giving and not any value addition activity. I wonder if these pastropreneurs are comfortable with their wealth seeing its dubious sources. You can bet deep down they are ashamed of it else they would gladly be less opaque with their income streams ( salary, honorarium,cumulative monthly prophet's gifts and so forth)

So, the source of their wealth is almost entirely from their members' giving, yet it is opaque and dubious at the same time.
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
lastmessenger:
The only problem is the wrong means they employ in getting their money.
You threaten some guys with hell fire, curses and the devourer and out of fear they surrender their cash to you and then you call that prosperity.
If giving is really the deal to make money, then oyedepo and mike Murdock should give out their private jet and expect 100 brand new jets

Giving brings blessings, whatever motive. Giving to be blessed is one motive, everyone don't have the same motive.
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
WinsomeX:

I should ask you.

Unfortunately, you would not answer the questions posed at you earlier. How did you also conclude they are "wannabe" website?

I brought up the issue of hiding their source of wealth when the mediator said that Forbes had certain parameters to measure the source of wealth of some men. My question to him, and to you, is simple; how do you know that the same parameters Forbes used were not used on the pastors themselves by this media. And if they could not be used, is it possible that the pastors are hiding something? If Forbes have access to my resources, like the this online medium could, they can very well measure my source of wealth. So i certainly do not have anything to hide and you have no point in that regard. What I am saying to you and nl is that both of you cannot question the manner of deriving the source of the wealth of these pastors because there are verifiable means of obtaining their source of wealth. And since this publication, non of them has challenged the information provided, like Jonathan did sometimes ago. So?

Keep asking, I am sure someone should be gracious enough to answer you.

You told me " it's a mark of immaturity to convey old grievances at new issues." That is why it was pertinent to ask YOU for the old grievances being conveyed.
Your source is a wannabe website because it is largely unknown. i already asked for what parameters your OP used to determine their findings. i'm of the opinion that it was just guesswork and beer parlor talk. If you have the parameters, you can educate us.
Very simple, if your OP don't have access to pastor's worth like i don't have access to your worth, could it be that you are both hiding something? The shoe is pinching you ba?
So to you, the pastors may be guilty and in agreement with some spurious site since none of them challenged the information? You didn't think this awkwardly when Gnoni your friend did not challenge the allegation levelled on him, instead you opted to asking him nicely IF and WHEN he feels like answering. Hypopopocrite

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by lastmessenger: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Image123:

Giving brings blessings, whatever motive. Giving to be blessed is one motive, everyone don't have the same motive.
Yea it does but not in the way they threaten people.secondly when you give you can never tell what you will reap. You will end up loosing out when you give with the wrong motive.
The most important thing is why are you giving? To get more money or because of your love for God.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by vooks: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
The income streams. You know the members are giving and you can see the MoG waxing fatter but you don't know how much they are getting per month. That's super secret. That's the opaque bit
Image123:

So, the source of their wealth is almost entirely from their members' giving, yet it is opaque and dubious at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Sibrah: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
What some of these net worth rating agencies are doing is half baked persecution. You claim pastors are so rich compared to their members but failed to delve into their charity work. The bible talks about not letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing pertaining to charity in mathew 6:3.
As it is today there are people who genuinely beleive there is a good God and those who beleive there is none. What stops an unbeilever masking as one from claiming he or she has charity works worth billion to sway people
into giving to his/her church
OR
what will make a believer start boasting about his or her charity works?
The analysir Mr OP presented hardly proves anything.
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by WinsomeX: 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
Image123:

You told me " it's a mark of immaturity to convey old grievances at new issues." That is why it was pertinent to ask YOU for the old grievances being conveyed.
Your source is a wannabe website because it is largely unknown. i already asked for what parameters your OP used to determine their findings. i'm of the opinion that it was just guesswork and beer parlor talk. If you have the parameters, you can educate us.
Very simple, if your OP don't have access to pastor's worth like i don't have access to your worth, could it be that you are both hiding something? The shoe is pinching you ba?
So to you, the pastors may be guilty and in agreement with some spurious site since none of them challenged the information? You didn't think this awkwardly when Gnoni your friend did not challenge the allegation levelled on him, instead you opted to asking him nicely IF and WHEN he feels like answering. Hypopopocrite

The real issues you have with the article is that they reveal the outrageous wealth of those who are your idols and example in ministry. It is not about Gnoni or the fact that the site is "largely unknown" (a spurious reason to conclude that a site is wannabe), it is about your pride and ego.

You can believe what you like but there is certainly something obscene about a country that is wholly given to corruption, illiteracy and religion but whose religious leaders take advantage of its people to be wealthy so that they amount to having five of the richest pastors in the world. It is wrong.

You can do me the favor of having the last say, I believe I am done with you for now.
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
WinsomeX:

The real issues you have with the article is that they reveal the outrageous wealth of those who are your idols and example in ministry. It is not about Gnoni or the fact that the site is "largely unknown" (a spurious reason to conclude that a site is wannabe), it is about your pride and ego.

You can believe what you like but there is certainly something obscene about a country that is wholly given to corruption, illiteracy and religion but whose religious leaders take advantage of its people to be wealthy so that they amount to having five of the richest pastors in the world. It is wrong.

You can do me the favor of having the last say, I believe I am done with you for now.

As is your custom, you're too blind to reason and only keen on hypocritical emotionalisms. You couldn't answer questions to explain your criticism and your allegation remains unfounded. Go and look for another article, we are here to put it in perspective. Your hypocrisy on the Gnoni issue follows you as a leopard cannot hide it's spots, like your handle swaps can't hide you.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
vooks:
The income streams. You know the members are giving and you can see the MoG waxing fatter but you don't know how much they are getting per month. That's super secret. That's the opaque bit

i don't see any MoG waxing fatter so let's not assume wrongly. The people who know know how much anybody is getting per month. That you don't have it in your bedroom don't mean it is hidden to those who need it. How much do you earn or get, and how much does your pastor get. i don't know and i don't really care to know, but for you to be unnecessarily pained about other men's business is unreasonable and unchristian.

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 08, 2014
Image123:

i don't see any MoG waxing fatter so let's not assume wrongly. The people who know know how much anybody is getting per month. That you don't have it in your bedroom don't mean it is hidden to those who need it. How much do you earn or get, and how much does your pastor get. i don't know and i don't really care to know, but for you to be unnecessarily pained about other men's business is unreasonable and unchristian.
Epic! grin
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by vooks: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2014
business, men's business wink

You are the one flagrantly displaying venom here not me. Why does it pain you when they are mentioned in bad light? You want everyone to buy your crappy 'touch-not-mine-annointed' ignorance?
Image123:

2 Likes

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
vooks:
business, men's business wink

You are the one flagrantly displaying venom here not me. Why does it pain you when they are mentioned in bad light? You want everyone to buy your crappy 'touch-not-mine-annointed' ignorance?

You seem to have issues with the use of English words, kindly work on it. Now, i do not recall talking about any venom here so i wonder what you are saying. ([s]Oh, maybe your amateur displays at ophiology on that other thread has done some osmosis[/s])
i'm not pained, neither have i said anything about touching anyone, annointed or unannointed. Are you sure you are on the right thread?

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
Spuggie:

You couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully, someone will start using his brains. I think part of the problem is that people worship their pastors instead of God....many believe their pastors are unquestionable. Until people start questioning these pastors, things will never change. Their followers need to use their brains and not swallow everything their pastor tells them. Maybe, its time these pastors start sowing seeds so they too can partake in this supposedly merry go round.
Here's the biggest kicker of all... your pastors who claim to be appointed as shepherds over God's flock, are all frauds. God declared that in His New Covenant, Jesus Christ, He and He alone would be Shepherd over His flock. He also declared that He alone is Teacher/Master over those who belong to Him.

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.

16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
So, those you call pastors are not even called by God, nor anointed by Him, but by themselves to begin with, even if they pretend it is in the name of God that they come to you. Jesus Christ declared all of them false teachers and prophets in His teachings, reiterating what God said through His prophets still stands. undecided
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
Image123:
Here's the biggest kicker of all... your pastors who claim to be appointed as shepherds over God's flock, are all frauds. God declared that in His New Covenant, Jesus Christ, He and He alone would be Shepherd over His flock. He also declared that He alone is Teacher/Master over those who belong to Him.

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.

16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
So, those you call pastors are not even called by God, nor anointed by Him, but by themselves to begin with, even if they pretend it is in the name of God that they come to you. Jesus Christ declared all of them false teachers and prophets in His teachings, reiterating what God said through His prophets still stands. undecided
Re: Millionaire Pastors and their Poor Members by Image123(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lol 2014. You went all the way to 2014 to look for me? i'm right here in 2021. Go and figure what i told you and stop roaming around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Absent From High Court In Lagos (Photos) / Shocking! Strange Image Captured In The Sky Yesterday Night. PHOTOS / How Noah Carried 2 Whales?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.