Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) (10276 Views)

Poll: Versus this South American team: Will the Super Eagles win?

Yes!: 54% (18 votes)
No: 27% (9 votes)
Draw: 18% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by cafetero12: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2008
i think colombia will win easily as a stronger team over all and colombias official line up is

keepers--Agustin julio(Santa Fe COL)David Ospina(Niza FRA)

Defenders--Amaranto Perea(Atletico Madrid ESP)Mario Yepes (chievo ITA)Camilo Zuniga(Siena ITA)
     Humberto mendoza(Atletico Nacional COL)Pablo Armero(america COL)Yulian Anchico(Santa FE COL)

Midfielders--Giovanni Hernandez(Atletico Junior COL)Gerado Bedoya(Millonarios COL)Fabian Vargas(boca juniors ARG)
    Juan carlos escobar (krylia sovetov RUS)Freddy guarin(porto POR)Juan carlos toja(Steua ROM)Giovanni Moreno (Atletico Nacional COL)Mauricio arroyo(Boyaca Chico COL)

Strikers--Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate(River plate ARG)Marco Perez(Boyaca Chico COL)Carlos Darwin Quintero(Pereira COL)Wason Renteria(Sporting Braga POR)
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by megapro(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2008
Wednesday 19.11.2008
Columbia vs Nigeria

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=2925

Amodu leads 11 players to Colombia

Posted: 2008-11-17 20:38

Super Eagles head coach Shuaibu Amodu is expected to arrive in Bogota with 11 players at about 22h00 hours Nigerian time on Monday ahead of Wednesday's international friendly against Colombia.
On the flight with Amodu are Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Austin Ejide, Sani Kaita, Kalu Uche, Solomon Okoronkwo, Joseph Akpala, Dele Adeleye, Oluwafemi Ajilore, Christian Obodo, Ikechukwu Uche and Obinna Nwaneri.

The squad will join defenders Taye Taiwo and Danny Shittu who have been in Cali since Sunday.

Team captain Nwankwo Kanu is expected to fly in from Atlanta, USA on Monday evening while Italy-based Obinna Nsofor is expected to arrive along with unknown call-up Obi Evans Ngemba.

The virtually unknown goalkeeper was called up after Vincent Enyeama and Dele Aiyenugba could not get entry visas to the South American country on time.

It is the first time that Nigerians are hearing the name of Obi Ngemba, who plays for German Bundesliga side, S.V. Heimstettun, and he has come in to provide cover for the France–based Austin Ejide.

Amodu insists though, that his squad will face the challenge head on: "This is like going to war. Whatever ammunition you have on your hands, you learn to make the best use of them. This is a challenge and we're going to face it squarely.

"But we must show our disappointment with those players who threw up excuses. It is something we will bother about after the match."
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by megapro(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2008

Obi Evans does not keep in the 6th division.

cheesy

5. Bayernliga
6. Landesliga
7. Berzirksliga
8. Kreisliga
9. Kreisklasse

He plays for the second team of Heimstetten which is in the 9th division. This is actually the U23 team but he is older than both keepers in the first team.

don't we have any nigerian staying in columbia to beef up the squad?

When I was playing in Berzirksliga Hildesheim, our third team played in the kreisklasse and it was not uncommon to find the mentally handicapped playing at that level.

I just had a call with the Team manager of SV Heimstetten II - the team Obi Evans plays for.

He informed that they had no enquiry or recieved no official request from the nigerian football authourities - or no one else for that matter regarding the invitation of their goalkeeper.

He added that he only got the information from Obi himself and his girlfriend that he has been invited to go and keep for nigeria in the friendly match against Columbia.

''Obi came from Academia Afrika München, a fellow kreisklasse (German division 9) outfit three months ago on a free transfer.''

He (Obi) was absent from the last training and they assume he was on the flight to Columbia. He could not get in touch with the girlfriend and also assumes she is with him.

They expect him back however after his national team engagement on Wednesdey.

I would have given those eggheads in the NFF Emeka Amadi (Saudi 89) instead - at least he is still active in division 5 and would not also have needed a visa.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by luvhenry(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2008
the game is 3.am thursday morning.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by MeGaStReEt: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2008
cafetero12:

i think colombia will win easily as a stronger team over all and colombias official line up is

keepers--Agustin julio(Santa Fe COL)David Ospina(Niza FRA)

Defenders--Amaranto Perea(Atletico Madrid ESP)Mario Yepes (chievo ITA)Camilo Zuniga(Siena ITA)
     Humberto mendoza(Atletico Nacional COL)Pablo Armero(america COL)Yulian Anchico(Santa FE COL)

Midfielders--Giovanni Hernandez(Atletico Junior COL)Gerado Bedoya(Millonarios COL)Fabian Vargas(boca juniors ARG)
    Juan carlos escobar (krylia sovetov RUS)Freddy guarin(porto POR)Juan carlos toja(Steua ROM)Giovanni Moreno (Atletico Nacional COL)Mauricio arroyo(Boyaca Chico COL)

Strikers--Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate(River plate ARG)Marco Perez(Boyaca Chico COL)Carlos Darwin Quintero(Pereira COL)Wason Renteria(Sporting Braga POR)

GOOD SQUAD INDEED
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by favcom(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2008
@ thread
KEEP IT GOING!
@ Obi Evans shocked shocked shocked
Just must be a joke angry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by marshalweb: 10:51am On Nov 19, 2008
WELL
I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE DIVISION 9 PLAYERS LIKE EVANS OBI CAN DO IT JUST LIKE OTHER ONES IN NIGERIAN LEAGUE
SO DONT BLAME AMUDU EVEN IF HE LOOSE THE COLUMBIA FRIENDLY AFTER ALL OUR BOYS ARE NOT ON DRUGS TO MATCH THEIR PHYSICAL STRENGHT, ALWAYS WISH GOOD FOR OUR BELOVED TEAM
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by SamMilla1(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2008
if i may ask, what about the goal keepers in the nigerian league, ?

or is Amodu planning something here?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by meexteriox(m): 12:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
@Sam Milla
My brother, thanks for that wonderful question.
It baffles me how we tend to deceive ourselves with a lot of mediocrity.
Does it mean that the Nigerian league cannot boast of any good goal keeper atall?

It's a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Ibime(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2008
What is the point in dragging the players all the way to Colombia for a midweek friendly?

Even Brazil and Argentina do not play friendlies in South America anymore.

It is too tedious and affects players and clubs, no wonder so many SE players pulled out.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by kumbalo(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2008
Despite the fact that we still do not have our "regulars" in that team, the wosrt result we can get from that match is a Draw. Every one of those players that departed has got something to prove. Kumba, says so grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2008
our goalkeeper plays in the 9th div shocked shocked shocked shocked
what happened to the goal keepers of enyimba, gabros, sharks, Gateway n co?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Ibime(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
tkb417:

our goalkeeper plays in the 9th div shocked shocked shocked shocked
what happened to the goal keepers of enyimba, gabros, sharks, Gateway n co?

It is too late to process non-European visas. Only European visas can be processed within the one week time frame they have before the match. I don't know why they didn't call Carl Ikeme of Wolves. He is better than all the keepers we have at the moment.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tkb417(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2008
It is too late to process non-European visas. Only European visas can be processed within the one week time frame they have before the match. I don't know why they didn't call Carl Ikeme of Wolves. He is better than all the keepers we have at the moment.

didnt they know about this friendly since?
9th div goalkeeper of course isnt as good as our local keepers. even the wolves guy wont be that bad

i hope he doesnt drop balls in our net
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by bawomolo(m): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2008
tkb417:

didnt they know about this friendly since?
9th div goalkeeper of course isnt as good as our local keepers. even the wolves guy wont be that bad

i hope he doesnt drop balls in our net

now that would be a scene to watch
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by MrCrackles(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2008
Is this even worth watching?

With all the bigheads pulling out, i guess it is just going to be another waste of time

M watching Brazil Vs Portugal tonight anyway cheesy
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by 2sleek2NV(m): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2008
i undastand u guys are all angry bout the choice of d goalie. well i was but i looked at it frm this point

" we all knw hw difficult it is for a nigerian that has not traveled out of d country to get a visa. am sure that was wat amodu thot of before pickingd goalie n puttin into consideration d hw inefficent NFA abi na NFF is"

but make una come o DIVISION 9,hw amodu take knw say him dey dere.i hear there is this nigerian goalie in d eng 2nd or 3rd division,am not sure. i hear
he is good too
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Echidime(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2008
I hope this our boys are not going to columbia to consum GOALS and come back here  Any one of them who mistakenly misbehave will not be in the World cup 2010,

So all you girls in the forum who use to mess this guys should pass my message to them all.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by DisGuy: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
what if the goalie pulls a muscle before the game? lipsrsealed
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Rmc1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2008
please does anyone have a link where i can watch the match one the net?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by DisGuy: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2008
the match is on at 3am nigerian time apparently, you might want to check

http://www.channelsurfing.net/ later on
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Rmc1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ dis guy

Thanks alot , i will check it out later i just hope it works becasue i really want to watch that match
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by allboyz(m): 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
Will the match be shown on any local station?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Builder: 2:32am On Nov 20, 2008
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tick(m): 3:47am On Nov 20, 2008
are this guys surpose to be playing football?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by chamotex(m): 3:49am On Nov 20, 2008
0-0 Halftime

They need to put the ball down and play not this police football that is going on here.

They doing alright though.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by bawomolo(m): 4:03am On Nov 20, 2008
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by chamotex(m): 4:08am On Nov 20, 2008
This ref is just allowing everything to go.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by bawomolo(m): 4:09am On Nov 20, 2008
this goalie is just lucky. horrible technique
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by saintikeO: 4:10am On Nov 20, 2008
golie is pile of junk can't hold hold a shot from 40yards out
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by bawomolo(m): 4:11am On Nov 20, 2008
chei this goalkeeper na true monkey grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by dayokanu(m): 4:12am On Nov 20, 2008
Shay na the Nigerian team wey wan go world cup be dis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Make You Guys Win With Me... / Sports Editors Tell NFF Board Members / FG Lifts Ban On Tennis, Non-Contact Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.