Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

#opengate: Hackers Exploit People's Samsung Phones Via 'find My Mobile' - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / #opengate: Hackers Exploit People's Samsung Phones Via 'find My Mobile' (451 Views)

How I Rescued My Mobile Contacts From Armed Bandits / Unlock All New Samsung Phones / Yahoo Messenger On My Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#opengate: Hackers Exploit People's Samsung Phones Via 'find My Mobile' by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2014
Samsung security breach
Troubled Samsung Electronics now has another case to answer even when their current worries are far from over. Some of the phone maker's smartphones were found to have a weak point where hackers use for breaking into control of people's devices, locking them out of their smartphones.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) of the United States of States Of America on its National Vulnerability Database (NVD), the Find My Mobile vulnerability has been given a high-severity rating at 7.8, with an exploitability sub-score of 10.0, due to its network exploitable nature, low access complexity, no authentication requirement, and disruption potential.

Meanwhile, an Egyptian security firm has expressed fears over what it calls "denial of service" that can be used to lock legit users out of their smartphones by hackers. To practicality that, lead researcher, researcher Mohamed A. Baset (@SymbianSyMoh), uploaded videos of how he remotely gained access to Samsung phones even after the "user" had placed a security code on the devices.

Samsung is yet to comment on any of the allegations and this is coming just a few days after the company's KNOX security got top government approval for securing classified information in China.
http://bestmobs.com/opengate-hackers-exploit-peoples-samsung-phones-16313/

(1) (Reply)

My Galaxy S4 For Sale / US Used Apple Ipad 2 64GB For Sale / Ipone5s For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.