Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Wife Says Policemen Watched As Husband Was Killed Over N500 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wife Says Policemen Watched As Husband Was Killed Over N500 (498 Views)

10 Valuable Things You Can Buy With N500 In Nigeria / This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wife Says Policemen Watched As Husband Was Killed Over N500 by oludashmi(f): 9:16am On Oct 29, 2014
Mrs Esther Ifi has narrated how a six-man gang tortured and killed her 36 years old husband, late John Ifi. She said the gang beat him to coma right in the presence of some policemen in July, at Delta state.

According to the story told, someone gave late John the sum of N500 to remit to the head of vigilante group, Mr Felix Ipemu, but John failed to do so. Hearing this, the head of the group ordered some boys to deal with John for disloyalty.

It was learnt that he was beaten to a coma and taken to the police station where he died. Since then, only 2 of the 6 men have been arrested while 4 others fled.

Esther, a mother of four, said “It has been difficult for me to fend for the children since the gang killed my husband. They attacked him three times that very day. He was relaxing at home around 8pm when they attacked him again. Even though the police saw the gang beating him, they did not do anything.

“Instead, they bundled him inside their van and took him to the station. His brother and I begged them to release him, but they refused. It was the following day that we learnt he was dead. Just because of N500, they snatched my joy from me.”

The family solicitor has filed a petition to the Inspector General of Police, the Delta State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, and the state’s commissioner of police, which reads, “We are representatives of Mr. Jimoh Ifi, Mrs. Esther Ifi, Miss Juliet Ifi, Miss Knowledge Ifi, Miss Praise Ifi and Miss Prayer Ifi and other members of the family.

More here - http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/wife-says-policemen-watched-husband-was-killed-over-n500/

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters Impersonate Army Chiefs, Dangle Recruitment Slots / How Much Salary To Receive.. / Pics: Man Proposes To His GF With 99 Iphones - Then She Rejects Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.