Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Do You See Things From The Employer Perspective - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You See Things From The Employer Perspective (411 Views)

When The Employer Wants You To Be 25years With 9years Experience / 4 Things From Your Social Media Account Employers Dig Into / If Your Job Application Is Rejected, Send This To The Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You See Things From The Employer Perspective by Wumivic(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
One of the biggest misconceptions grads have about the job search is that it’s about finding work they love to do. And I agree which is awesome. But grads also need to understand what it’s like to be a hiring manger, and what that hiring manager is looking for.

- They are NOT looking to provide grads the opportunity to make their dreams come true.
- The ARE looking for smart, likable people who will fit into the organization and help them solve their business problems. Dreams coming true is icing on the cake.

The crux of the entire job search strategy is to present yourself as someone who is capable of helping an employer solve his or her problems. If grads think about their job search strategy this way, then fundamentally they will start asking different questions.

They will stop asking: "How can I find a job that pays a lot and that I love?"

And they will start asking: "Who has problems that I love solving and how do I find them?"

The job search landscape for new grads is challenging right now, there’s no doubt. But after working with and talking to hundreds of young adults I’m sure of one thing: it’s not all about the economy.

We've got to help new grads develop the skills, the mindset and the strategy to get them successfully from college, to career.

Interested in learning how to get your dream job in 90 Days?! Kindly visit: [url]http://thecareerpublications.com/dreamjobpackage.html
[/url]

(1) (Reply)

L Need A Job As Personal Assistant Or Project Manager / Area Sales Manager / Artist (ibadan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.