Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,327 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

A Humble Suggestion. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Humble Suggestion. (673 Views)

My Humble Advice To All Nigerian Students That Just Graduated Recently / Please I Need Suggestion On How To Manage 10k A Month As An Undergraduate. / Humble Advice To Nigerian Students, Pls, Pls Read!!!... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Humble Suggestion. by Mrval20(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
As I was going through my personal grade sheet from first year till final year, I noticed something everyone else has overlooked over time.
I took my time to consult all the past question papers of the courses in which my performance was poor and I realised that I had a relatively poor performance in those courses not because I didn't prepare for the exam, but because most of the questions came from a different area of the course which I didn't have a clear understanding of at that time, thought "no go comot for the exam" or didn't have enough time to cover.

Let's face it, we've all been there. Sometimes, you don't get to cover all the chapters required in a particular course for one reason or the other, and that's why I'm making this suggestion to all our lecturers.

HERE'S THE DEAL:
I think it would be great if at the end of every examination question paper, the lecturer would include an extended section like "If you have any knowledge about this course outside the scope of these questions, write them here".
This section should be used to assess any student whose performance was poor in that particular exam. This would help the lecturer know if the student didn't prepare for the exam at all or the questions just came from topics he couldn't cover.
It's so painful when you get a poor result in an exam which you painstakingly prepared for simply because you weren't 'harry potter' enough to know where the questions would come from.

PS: Before you quote me to say "you have to read everything", you should know that some courses are so vast that even the authors wouldn't be able to remember everything they'd written therein.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why The SUG President UNEC Was Impeached / Agricultural Economics & Extension Vs Animal Science / Apply For Mitx Global Boot Camp 2015(fully Funded)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.