Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. (903 Views)

BLOG & WEBSITE OWNERS: DROP 'UR LINKS HERE FOR REVIEW & TRAFFIC / How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2014
The need for a graphic artist/designer to have a design blog or website cannot be over emphasized. A blog is like an online diary where you can express your creativity while creating your blog post.

From being an avenue to show case your portfolio to enabling more interaction with your client and other designers, the advantages of owning a design website or blog is so numerous.

If you are reading this post, I assume you already own your design blog or website. If you don’t you can request for necessary steps needed in creating yours.

Now to drive traffic to your design blog/website could be as simple as the following steps:

1] Become a social butterfly

By social butterfly I meant employing the power of the social media. There are off course numerous social media platforms out there. We have Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, stumble upon, Pin interest and the likes.

For a designer, I would recommend the following

Facebook: As a Facebook user you are on a great platform to share your website content ranging from your designs, recent offers etc. This could be done through:

• Personal Facebook account
• Your blog/website fan page
• The group pages you have joined.

Twitter: If you are new to twitter, you might want to employ the following means to get your content noticed.

• Use the hash tag
• Check for what is trending
• Follow fellow designers and politely request for a follow back
• Occasionally ask for retweets

Pin Interest: I don’t really know much about pin interest because I only opened an account recently because I felt it would be helpful especially for sharing your graphic works; logo, book covers etc.

2] Join a Forum

You can make use of the well-established forum to display your creativity and to get people to notice your blog. In Nigeria, I think Nairaland is one of the best forums platforms.

Also, you can use the commenting system i.e. leaving comments on other designer’s blog/website. Ensure that your comments are quite creative and less critique.

Get featured on other people’s blog/website, its more or less like guest posting.

3] Tell your friends/client to tell their friends

Many people ignore this but believe me it’s quite helpful. It’s not only an easy thing to do but also allows you to receive instant feedbacks.

Why don’t you create a special place for the client you have worked with to leave their testimonies on your blog/website.

Personally, if I visit a designers blog/website and I view peoples testimonies, I kind off develop some level of respect for the designer.

4] Offer Freebies

We all love freebies, I do. So you can occasionally offer freebies to your readers. If you are short of ideas you can try the following;

• Create a challenge and then reward the winner.
• Create a free e-book
• Offer free services, occasionally esp. to committed readers.

Here a just a few recommended simple ways you can drive traffic to your blogsite. There’re off course other means of doing this, you’ll just have to find one that is clearly convenient for you.

http://aktorsconcept..com/2014/10/simple-ways-to-drive-traffic-to-your.html

1 Like

Re: Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. by naijarates(m): 7:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Nice one.
Re: Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. by minmini: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2014
Nice guide to increase traffic for our website. For my website traffic, I choose SEO technique. SEO is best one to site promotion for any kind of websites. It gives high quality traffic for our website And, I got SEO service from XnYnZ.com here they provide Search engine visibility service which bring traffic to my website. Here they provide you One-click submission of your site in many search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL etc... and they also provide Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results.

2 Likes

Re: Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
minmini:
Nice guide to increase traffic for our website. For my website traffic, I choose SEO technique. SEO is best one to site promotion for any kind of websites. It gives high quality traffic for our website And, I got SEO service from XnYnZ.com here they provide Search engine visibility service which bring traffic to my website. Here they provide you One-click submission of your site in many search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL etc... and they also provide Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results.

I think i will try this out. Thanks for the tip
Re: Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Design Blog/website. by Davidluiz: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2014
hello guys hope you liked my above post

(1) (Reply)

ADQUET - My Site Has Been Approved I Pasted The Ad Code But Not Showing / FREE EBOOK: How To Create A Powerful Business Plan For Your Blog / Check Out What Is Now Happening At This Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.