Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google (1002 Views)

I Made... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by thomasina: 1:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
Lenovo has finalized the $2.91
billion acquisition of Motorola
from Google today. The
transaction, which was
publicized in January, comes
just 3 years after Google itself
paid out $12.5 billion to
acquire the phone-maker.
Read more here http://moinsights./2014/10/30/lenovo-finalizes-2-91-billion-acquisition-of-motorola-from-google/
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Fulaman198(m): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
I think that Google needs a new CEO
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Bawss1(m): 10:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Why? Google is a very successful company at the moment.
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Fulaman198(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
Bawss1:
Why? Google is a very successful company at the moment.

Have you seen their Android advertisements on youtube? Is like they don't have a focus. I think Android is great, but Google's marketing team is horrific. Whenever Google comes out with a new device, they never announce it to the public. However, when Microsoft, Samsung, or Apple want to announce their next major product, the whole world knows. They hold press conferences and events to let the entire world know what's happening lol.
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 02, 2014
I'm seriously loving Lenovo.
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by martineverest(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Seriously,google dosnt know how to do business..they bought motorola because of microsoft.....microsoft actually pay motorola $3bn annually for wireless license;google then acquired moto and decided to sue microsoft in order to increase the license fee to $4bn.unfortunaly,the court reduced it to 1bn.they just had to sell the company to lenovo..........i just pity google,microsoft just launched their smart band 2days ago,sparking a revolution in smart band.the future of android os hangs as microsoft is about to launch windows 10( an os that will link all windows device together).......as for lenovo,kudos to dem,i hope the deal to acquire blackberry will be allowed by canadian govt.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by martineverest(m): 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lenovo is really xpanding fast.they re actually planing to dominated pc and mobile hardware market.they re actually the largest pc makers and third largest phone makers
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
12billion-2.91billion

9.09billion

big loss angry

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by martineverest(m): 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
D 9bn covers 16000 patents own by google.
stardragon:
12billion-2.91billion

9.09billion

big loss angry
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Fulaman198(m): 1:51am On Nov 03, 2014
martineverest:
Seriously,google dosnt know how to do business..they bought motorola because of microsoft.....microsoft actually pay motorola $3bn annually for wireless license;google then acquired moto and decided to sue microsoft in order to increase the license fee to $4bn.unfortunaly,the court reduced it to 1bn.they just had to sell the company to lenovo..........i just pity google,microsoft just launched their smart band 2days ago,sparking a revolution in smart band.the future of android os hangs as microsoft is about to launch windows 10( an os that will link all windows device together).......as for lenovo,kudos to dem,i hope the deal to acquire blackberry will be allowed by canadian govt.

110% agree, my Next phone in 2016 since I still think my Nexus 5 is up to date will be a Windows 10 phone hopefully with an intel processor.
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Fulaman198(m): 1:52am On Nov 03, 2014
martineverest:
Lenovo is really xpanding fast.they re actually planing to dominated pc and mobile hardware market.they re actually the largest pc makers and third largest phone makers

they were already doing a great job since they acquired IBM and the Thinkpad line which is quite famous.
Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by martineverest(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2014
I cant wait for microsoft to launch lumia 1030 or 1530 and surface 4.....i smell a new evolution in smart industry.
Fulaman198:

110% agree, my Next phone in 2016 since I still think my Nexus 5 is up to date will be a Windows 10 phone hopefully with an intel processor.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by martineverest(m): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2014
With what dey did with surface 3 by transfering laptop xteristics to talble(laplet)...i guess it ll happen to phones pocket pc) with new intel's 14nm chips.
Fulaman198:

Re: Lenovo Finalizes $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google by Fulaman198(m): 2:14am On Nov 04, 2014
martineverest:
I cant wait for microsoft to launch lumia 1030 or 1530 and surface 4.....i smell a new evolution in smart industry.

Likewise brother, I'm looking forward to it

(1) (Reply)

Huawei E3531 Problem / Should I Proceed? / Hp Chromebook With 16gb Memory On Sale At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.