Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Modified - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Modified (3575 Views)

MODIFIED: Buhari- Leave Naira, Come And Make Dollars O! / Modified- zimbabwe switched from dollars to yuan. Did heaven fall?! / Journey completed successfully;Classic baby shoes (Modified) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modified by Businesstools(m): 12:56am On Oct 31, 2014

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 31, 2014
Does this entail selling of e-books or seminars? If it does pls say it ontime, so I'll evaporate early enof

1 Like

Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 6:33am On Oct 31, 2014
Raymondenyi:
Does this entail selling of e-books or seminars? If it does pls say it ontime, so I'll evaporate early enof
I am not selling any ebook. I'm going to reveal everything I know about starting and running a business on this thread FREE OF CHARGE, from identifying viable business opportunities, through planning, execution, advertising, when to add additional hand etc.
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 8:37am On Oct 31, 2014

1 Like

Re: Modified by sigba(f): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Following..
What's up with d bleep.com idea?
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2014
sigba:
Following..
What's up with d bleep.com idea?
The idea was never bleep.com. It was the application that changed it to bleep.com. As at then, I had not acquired the domain, so as a cautionary measure, I represented it with triple x. That said, the idea is still very much in place. I've been busy compiling business plans for various industries. The web development is in progress. You can check it out on my signature. On completion, You'll be duly informed.
Re: Modified by sigba(f): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Businesstools:
The idea was never bleep.com. It was the application that changed it to bleep.com. As at then, I had not acquired the domain, so as a cautionary measure, I represented it with triple x. That said, the idea is still very much in place. I've been busy compiling business plans for various industries. The web development is in progress. You can check it out on my signature. On completion, You'll be duly informed.

Okay Sir.
Hoping to learn alot from you.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
shey na only me waka come?
. opt in successefully
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 1:57am On Nov 09, 2014
Is anyone following? I'm not proceeding to the next topic until I get some answers to the assignment.
Re: Modified by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 09, 2014
yeah..do you have any website or a blog?
Re: Modified by bukkylois(f): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2014
Sir I have only four companies for now. Will add the rest soon.

DANGOTE CEMENT INDUSTRY:
ALIKO DANGOTE SAW THAT NIGERIA HAD A HUGE CEMENT DEFICIT. HE SAW THIS AS AN OPPORTUNITY AND HAS EXTENDED THIS TO OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES AFTER RECORDING A HUGE BUSINESS SUCCESS AND PRODUCES ABOUT 4 MILLION TONNES OF CEMEMT ANNUALLY.

INNOSON GROUP OF COMPANIES:
THIS IS THE FIRST INDIGENOUS CAR MANUFACTURING COMPANY WHO SAW THE NEED TO MAKE CARS FOR NIGERIAN ROADS. WHO ELSE WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT NIGERIANS GO THROUGH BETTER THAN A NIGERIAN HIMSELF. WITH THE NEW AUTOMOTIVE POLICY THIS COMPANY IS ONE TO WATCH OUT FOR.

DSTV:
THIS IS THE FIRST COMPANY TO PROVIDE QUALITY ENTERTAINING AND INFORMATIVE STATIONS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO NIGERIAN HOMES.

EASY TAXY:
AFTER OBSERVING HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO GET A CAB AT THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOMES, OFFICES ETC. THIS NEW TAXY COMPANY WAS INTRODUCED. ALL THE CUSTOMER HAS TO DO IS SCAN FOR TAXIS USING THE EASY TAXY APP AND SEND A MESSAGE TO THE CLOSEST TAXY TO YOU . THE TAXY DRIVER CALLS YOU FOR THE ADDRESS.
Re: Modified by bukkylois(f): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2014
Sir I have only four companies for now. Will add the rest soon.

DANGOTE CEMENT INDUSTRY:
ALIKO DANGOTE SAW THAT NIGERIA HAD A HUGE CEMENT DEFICIT. HE SAW THIS AS AN OPPORTUNITY AND HAS EXTENDED THIS TO OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES AFTER RECORDING A HUGE BUSINESS SUCCESS AND PRODUCES ABOUT 4 MILLION TONNES OF CEMEMT ANNUALLY.

INNOSON GROUP OF COMPANIES:
THIS IS THE FIRST INDIGENOUS CAR MANUFACTURING COMPANY WHO SAW THE NEED TO MAKE CARS FOR NIGERIAN ROADS. WHO ELSE WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT NIGERIANS GO THROUGH BETTER THAN A NIGERIAN HIMSELF. WITH THE NEW AUTOMOTIVE POLICY THIS COMPANY IS ONE TO WATCH OUT FOR.

DSTV:
THIS IS THE FIRST COMPANY TO PROVIDE QUALITY ENTERTAINING AND INFORMATIVE STATIONS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO NIGERIAN HOMES.

EASY TAXY:
AFTER OBSERVING HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS TO GET A CAB AT THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOMES, OFFICES ETC. THIS NEW TAXY COMPANY WAS INTRODUCED. ALL THE CUSTOMER HAS TO DO IS SCAN FOR TAXIS USING THE EASY TAXY APP AND SEND A MESSAGE TO THE CLOSEST TAXY TO YOU . THE TAXY DRIVER CALLS YOU FOR THE ADDRESS.
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
Tydies:
yeah..do you have any website or a blog?
I don't have a personal website or blog, but all my businesses have websites and some of them have blogs attached. Why do you ask?
Re: Modified by MyNaijaNaira(m): 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Businesstools:
(Continuation) A customer need is unmet when it is important to the customer, but he/she is not satisfied with the solutions currently available or the solution is not available at all. The more important the need and the less satisfied the customer is, the greater the business opportunity.

Most successful businesses have capitalized on the pains, struggles and challenges of people. They were able to achieve success by identifying what the problems were and proffering solutions to them. Since you may not have the funds to hire a market research firm to survey the market, the best option available to you is to sample peoples opinion. Talk to friends and family members to find out what their problems, needs or challenges are. The internet is also a good source to discover what goods and services people are looking for.

Interesting thread. I like it a lot. This comment is similar to an article I wrote recently on my blog - Creating a Business from a Problem

Many successful businesses are started when the founder encounters a problem, and then embarks on a mission to find a solution. As we continue to increasingly produce, process, and consume information at a faster pace, the need to do it more effectively, efficiently and economically grows. This is a good thing for entrepreneurs, as it presents evolving opportunities to be innovative and find solutions.

Before you embark on this life-changing mission you must analyse the problem you’ve captured, and assess it objectively, ensuring that the solution is clearly linked to the problem, and the solution resolves that specific problem.

Feel free to read more here: http://mynaijanaira.com/how-to-create-a-business-from-a-problem/
Re: Modified by drsolob2(m): 12:44am On Nov 10, 2014
I want to thank the OP for this topic this is what nigeria youth need creating business opportunity from problems,But the major problem we are faceing is the capita to actually start.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 10, 2014
1. Wakanow.com
They were able to recognize the stress people go through trying to book flight tickets, hotels and other travel issues and launch a website that could ease one of the stress.
2. HITv
They understood that Nigerians pay more to DSTv just to watch the EPL league and in one year they provide a solution to the problem. why they couldn't continue is still unfathomable.
3. The Chair Center
Mummy Ibukun realizes that Nigerians (Upper Class) have good taste for interior designs and she did it, raking in Billions of Naira providing exquisite interior designs.
4. Coscharis Motors
Having done his research that We love classy cars(Rolls Royce, Maybach etc) and spend more importing them into the country, He decide to invest in bringing 'em in and that's good business opportunity.
5. Dealdey.com
Why pay for more at the stores and also go through the stress of bringing it in yourself when we can do it for you at a discount and deliver to your doorstep. Good thinking. Good business.
6. Jumia.com(Jumia operates differently frm Dealdey )
Jumia runs an online grocery kind of store with almost all kinds of goods that you could think of, except for automobiles, ships and aeroplane grin the first company in Nigeria to launch that and they definitely made shopping easy for Nigerians. Shopping at the comfort of your house with free delivery.
7. Globacom
Adenuga introduces the per second billing in Nigeria at a time when the only thing we know of is per minute which a lot of Nigerians lament so much on.
8. Twice As Nice
Seeing the need for T.M. Lewin 'n' Hawes and Curtis shirts among Nigerians, He began importation of 'em and today, he has outlets in over 6 states of the Federations.
9. Brila FM
Oga Larry took a brilliant step in launching the 100percent sport station in Lagos. Nigerians love sports (esp. Football) so much and he did it. He saw the desire in us to having an indigenous sport radio station like the BBCsport radio.
10. Silverbird Cinemas
There has been cinemas, but no one redefined it as Ben and guy. Kudos to 'em....
Re: Modified by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 10, 2014
No 2 will roll in tomorrow after my research... Thanks for this lecture, God bless you sire.
Re: Modified by MyNaijaNaira(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
Great list, I'm enjoying the topic.

One thing I would say is that a few of the companies listed were not created and succesful due to true entrepreneurial innovation. But more from cloning a proven model, financial backing, which allowed succesful execution and exponential growth.
Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 4:50am On Nov 11, 2014
No one has attempted question 2. Is it too difficult?
Re: Modified by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 11, 2014
Businesstools:
No one has attempted question 2. Is it too difficult?
Question 2 requires a very good research... Not easy trying to identify needs in a town or city
Re: Modified by edogho(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
a fine thread. pls continue. i tell u, u have silent followers. share with us...

as for business, i opened a alcoholic business two years back. it gets me all mi income and i even have extra to give out. i would need ur advice, if possible meet u in person because i'm thinking of either leaving it or having someone to sell for me. reason is because it takes all mi time and i know i'm a free spirited person and one more thing, i now drink alot in d evenings only tho. more pls. will love to chat with u. how about a phone conversation?
Re: Modified by edogho(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
drsolob2:
I want to thank the OP for this topic this is what nigeria youth need creating business opportunity from problems,But the major problem we are faceing is the capita to actually start.
its like i've been disagreein too much these days. buh don't u think d capital is just an excuse for not starting? except u are looking at leaping to the skies with just one jump. i hope businesstools will agree with me. i started mi business with 306,000naira+, having only 3,000naira of mine and i live not exactly mi own definition of comfortable life, that's y i'm crazy/hungry for more. buh today i can take goods of 500,000 without paying a dime, why? because i've built peoples trust in me. whenever i show real zeal, I make sure its built on trust or i walk. so whats d idea u have, so businesstools and other ogas will help u push start it.

1 Like

Re: Modified by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
edogho:
a fine thread. pls continue. i tell u, u have silent followers. share with us...

as for business, i opened a alcoholic business two years back. it gets me all mi income and i even have extra to give out. i would need ur advice, if possible meet u in person because i'm thinking of either leaving it or having someone to sell for me. reason is because it takes all mi time and i know i'm a free spirited person and one more thing, i now drink alot in d evenings only tho. more pls. will love to chat with u. how about a phone conversation?
Sorry to jump in sir, but don't u think getting a trustworthy person to manage ur business while u have time for other things is good... There are lot of good guys out there that can manage ur business well, tis just for you to look out for 'em n entrust it to them..
Re: Modified by edogho(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
polymathic:
Sorry to jump in sir, but don't u think getting a trustworthy person to manage ur business while u have time for other things is good... There are lot of good guys out there that can manage ur business well, tis just for you to look out for 'em n entrust it to them..
no need for d apologies brother. jumping in with comments that makes lots of sense is appreciated. thank you. its what i'm saying. i need someone i can trust while I chase other of mi dreams. if i don't find anyone, i'll leave it with mi mother (afterall she owns nearly all d funds i used in starting up). got one guy not long tho, a fast and sharp learner buh he left to work in ogun state because of his parents. i will try to convince him to come back and even offer him mi room to live in. he's managed it for a week when i travelled before he left and he did well. as in, seriously, i feel i have a lot to learn... businesstools pls come continue what u started.
Re: Modified by psyqs(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
As regards to No. 2:

Samsung vs Nokia:
Nokia was
once the world's biggest cell phone
manufacturer, having introduced the first
mass-market mobile handset. On Monday, it
sold its devices division to Microsoft for $7.2
billion -- a fraction of the $250 billion it was
worth at the turn of the century. The natural
question becomes: What went wrong?

Disruption happens, of course. Incredibly
innovative companies score smash hits, and
then sink to nothing when they fail to see the
next big thing coming. See Kodak, Research in
Motion, Friendster, Netscape, Motorola,
Newsweek...the list goes on.

That didn't need to happen with Nokia. It
could have brought its design sensibility and
precise engineering to a wide range of
products, just like another company that's
closely intertwined with its home country:
South Korea's Samsung. Instead, like so many
first movers before it, the Finnish phenom
clung to the source of its greatest success, and
couldn't adapt when the competition moved
beyond it. For Nokia, becoming laser-focused
on making great cell phones blinded them to
consumer desire for a mobile device that
could do much more than talk to friends.
Source: www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/04/why-nokia-lost-and-samsung-won/
Re: Modified by newacca: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
drsolob2:
In my opinion, funding comes last in executing your idea or starting your business. Develop a workable idea or business model, present it to people who believe in you, source for fund. smiley
It might not be that easy, but if the idea solves problems,you will be able to fund it. Trust me, it's working for me right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modified by Businesstools(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
edogho:
its like i've been disagreein too much these days. buh don't u think d capital is just an excuse for not starting? except u are looking at leaping to the skies with just one jump. i hope businesstools will agree with me. i started mi business with 306,000naira+, having only 3,000naira of mine and i live not exactly mi own definition of comfortable life, that's y i'm crazy/hungry for more. buh today i can take goods of 500,000 without paying a dime, why? because i've built peoples trust in me. whenever i show real zeal, I make sure its built on trust or i walk. so whats d idea u have, so businesstools and other ogas will help u push start it.
The capital issue: You've said it as it is - mere excuse. That's because one does not need a lot of money to start a business. The slogan is "Start small and grow big." Besides, if you've got a very viable idea that requires a huge capital, there are people out there who have the money and will be willing to finance you, but you must be able to prove your business model.
Re: Modified by edogho(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
Businesstools:
The capital issue: You've said it as it is - mere excuse. That's because one does not need a lot of money to start a business. The slogan is "Start small and grow big." Besides, if you've got a very viable idea that requires a huge capital, there are people out there who have the money and will be willing to finance you, but you must be able to prove your business model.
viable idea is the word and u'll see investors begging to invest. pls continue brother
Re: Modified by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 12, 2014
edogho:
no need for d apologies brother. jumping in with comments that makes lots of sense is appreciated. thank you. its what i'm saying. i need someone i can trust while I chase other of mi dreams. if i don't find anyone, i'll leave it with mi mother (afterall she owns nearly all d funds i used in starting up). got one guy not long tho, a fast and sharp learner buh he left to work in ogun state because of his parents. i will try to convince him to come back and even offer him mi room to live in. he's managed it for a week when i travelled before he left and he did well. as in, seriously, i feel i have a lot to learn... businesstools pls come continue what u started.
Oh ok sire, I guess that will be cool.. If I may ask, is ur biz in Lagos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Order For Food In Bowls To Feed 10 @nonoscatering / Maxbounty Accounts Available - Cheapest Ever / SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.