Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) (3582 Views)

Myus.com Scam Alert / Scam Alert 2 / OLX Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
Good day all.
I've been trying not to do this but this fella is a criminal.
Awolola Paul Samuel, a member of this forum with user Id Paulboboby (www.nairaland.com/paulboboby), who helps people to solve various phone problems ranging from software to hardware. I av a faulty HTC Touch pro 2 phone which needs fixing. I've been to some "phone engineers" but the problem still persists. I came across his thread, called his number and explained what's wrong with the phone. He said I should bring along the phone for him to examine. Owing to the nature of my job, we met @ the University of Ibadan gate @ nite. He promised that he'll see to it that the phone is ok within 2wks. This happened mid November last year.
I called him 3 weeks later, he said he needs more time. I called back 2weeks later, he said that the unfortunate has happened to him, that he lost father. I felt so sorry for him 'cos I know how it feels like to have lost someone close. I called him like 3 more times to make sure he's alright.
Things took a different turn. Since d beginning of this year, any time I call his number to ask him of my phone, all he does is to end the call. He no longer pick my calls or acknowledge my text messages. If I use numbers other than those I use he answers but drops the call when he knows I am the one speaking.
I am surprised and angry at him for his actions. With the help of the internet, I was able to get some information about him, his picture and his location here in Ibadan (not his home address though). For confidentiality reasons, I'll keep the details of the information about him.
Here are his contacts:
08081806551 and 07062989812.
I know some will say "how much is the phone sef?".
Its not about the amount but the kind of human who takes what does not belong to him and sees nothing bad in it.
"This thread is only a notice to whoever does any form of business with him and those interested in engaging in any form of transaction. It is not a court of law and should not be seen as such."
Thank you...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by zoedicus: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
dont worry, i wl bring this to the attentn of my oga at the top. ***clears throat*** daz all.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Jlow2: 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
Oga at the top,u dey hear am abi?
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Topewealth: 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ zoedicus nd jblow2 pls dnt turn this to a joke, this is a serious issue .

@ p ,The phone might not cost much bt u bought it wit ur sweat. so MR SAMUEL shld come nd defend himself if this is a wrng accusation!

@ poster ,I suggest u post this on technology also so he cn see this nd reply !

Cheers!

TOPE WEALTH!
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
rodeo0070: Good day all.
Awolola Paul Samuel, a member of this forum with user Id Paulboboby (www.nairaland.com/paulboboby), who helps people to solve various phone problems ranging from software to hardware. I av a faulty HTC Touch pro 2 phone which needs fixing. I've been to some "phone engineers" but the problem still persists. I came across his thread, called his number and explained what's wrong with the phone. He said I should bring along the phone for him to examine. Owing to the nature of my job, we met @ the University of Ibadan gate @ nite. He promised that he'll see to it that the phone is ok within 2wks. This happened mid November last year.
I called him 3 weeks later, he said he needs more time. I called back 2weeks later, he said that the unfortunate has happened to him, that he lost father. I felt so sorry for him 'cos I know how it feels like to have lost someone close. I called him like 3 more times to make sure he's alright.
Things took a different turn. Since d beginning of this year, any time I call his number to ask him of my phone, all he does is to end the call. He no longer pick my calls or acknowledge my text messages. If I use numbers other than those I use he answers but drops the call when he knows I am the one speaking.
I am surprised and angry at him for his actions. With the help of the internet, I was able to get some information about him, his picture and his location here in Ibadan (not his home address though). For confidentiality reasons, I'll keep the details of the information about him.
Here are his contacts:
Its not about the amount but the kind of human who takes what does not belong to him and sees nothing bad in it.
"This thread is only a notice to whoever does any form of business with him and those interested in engaging in any form of transaction. It is not a court of law and should not be seen as such."
Thank you...
,pls expatiate the more ,what was the problem of this phone that will take him 2weeks to fix,so that i can judge betwwen his actions.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
rodeo0070: Good day all.
Here are his contacts:
Thank you...
,pls expatiate the more ,what was the problem of this phone that will take him 2weeks to fix,so that i can judge betwwen his actions,so that i can know whether the phone is revivable ,cos i have stayed with dat phone for a very Long period.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2013
EMMAUGOH: ,pls expatiate the more ,what was the problem of this phone that will take him 2weeks to fix,so that i can judge betwwen his actions,so that i can know whether the phone is revivable ,cos i have stayed with dat phone for a very Long period.

The phone will not boot beyond the welcome screen, after which it will switch itself off and start loading on its own. This is done repeatedly.
His actions is nothing short of a crook. If the problem of the phone is so serious, why can't he @ least acknowledge my calls and messages for the past two running to 3 months now? And I gave him d phone around mid november, 2012.
Thanks.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 7:21am On Mar 22, 2013
EMMAUGOH: ,pls expatiate the more ,what was the problem of this phone that will take him 2weeks to fix,so that i can judge betwwen his actions,so that i can know whether the phone is revivable ,cos i have stayed with dat phone for a very Long period.

The phone will not boot beyond the welcome screen, after which it will switch itself off and start loading on its own. This is done repeatedly.
His actions is nothing short of a crook. If the problem of the phone is so serious, why can't he @ least acknowledge my calls and messages for the past two running to 3 months now? And I gave him d phone around mid november, 2012. If the phone is not "revivable", then he should let me have the phone and dispose it in anyway I want it, either as scrap or selling it to him.
Thanks.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 22, 2013
am Sorry,but the Phone is not dead yet,my got thesame problem and after abt 2 week of enquiry i was able to fix it....Sorry for the Dissapointment from the Guy,maybe the phone got in more worse situation than that But i think That has killed his Integrity...Take hearth my Dear and still call Him.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2013
EMMAUGOH: am Sorry,but the Phone is not dead yet,my got the same problem and after abt 2 week of inquiry i was able to fix it....Sorry for the Disappointment from the Guy,maybe the phone got in more worse situation than that But i think That has killed his Integrity...Take hearth my Dear and still call Him.
Thank you. I've been calling but its still the same.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2013
I'm sorry everyone this is coming late.
He called me on 28/3/2013. He started by saying things that I wasn't expecting. Things like he wasn't allowed access to his phone cos of his father's death etc. He said "I can't go about tarnishing his reputation". I asked him if what I said was wrong? He replied asking what are other people's comment? I told him he didn't hold up his own end of the bargain.
I later told him if he's sure that he's not what I posted on this forum, he should do the right thing and that I'll kindly ask the Moderators to remove my topic and posts relating to the issue. He said ok and that he'll send the phone thru' someone. I asked when? He said he's not sure. And he hung up.
This morning I saw his message wishing me a Happy Easter.
I'll keep updating about any progress.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
Still waiting. His numbers are not going thru'. This is the 19th day after the last update...

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by kmanning: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2013
Wonderment! Make d guy come thread and explain his side naw
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 8:11am On Jun 12, 2013
This fella has refused to honor his agreement. Its been over a month now since my last post and he's yet to even honor my calls...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by texaco1: 8:59am On Jun 12, 2013
op,pls i have a question.do u have this guy shop address or residnce address?u just met him and gave him ur phone in the night?how much did he charge you and did u give him any money?just asking
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2013
rodeo0070: This fella has refused to honor his agreement. Its been over a month now since my last post and he's yet to even honor my calls...
time to report him to the admin for broadcast.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
texaco1: op,pls i have a question.do u have this guy shop address or residnce address?u just met him and gave him ur phone in the night?how much did he charge you and did u give him any money?just asking
My Brother that was the mistake I made. I thought since he's a popular member of this forum, that I won't have issues with him. I thought he would not want to risk his integrity as per his status on this forum.
He didn't collect any cash from me. He said I'll pay him as soon as completes his work on the phone. I have his picture, though. I got it from the net. I still see his recent posts to other people. https://www.nairaland.com/paulboboby/posts I'm grateful for your attention. Thanks...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2013
Not answering my calls yet...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by texaco1: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2013
rodeo0070: Not answering my calls yet...
u mean he hasnt given u back the phone since last december?my brother it is either u forget it or take action about it
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:
u mean he hasnt given u back the phone since last december?my brother it is either u forget it or take action about it
I taya o! abeg tell wetin i fit do. I have his picture should i upload it?
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by texaco1: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
rodeo0070:
which area did u meet him
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by dridowu: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
rodeo0070:
, my own point of view is dat call/text him again that if he doesn't return ur phone within particular period , you will go ahead to upload his pics in every social media but with look of things d guy na thief since mid november. So bad of him
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:
which area did u meet him
We met @ the UI gate. Owing to the nature of my job, it was late in the evening...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by texaco1: 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
rodeo0070:
We met @ the UI gate. Owing to the nature of my job, it was late in the evening...
that means he has a shop there , just look for people that repair phones over there , they all know each other , i was born and raised in ibadan and i only left ib 2 yrs ago
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
Still nothing yet...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
NOTHING YET...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
rodeo0070:
NOTHING YET...
sowi bro for digging out old sh!t, as par say me just dey see dis post ni oo... Dis u eventually get ur fone back..
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by ourchoice(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
staldek7, fedupnigerian is one of them. SCAM ALERT: READ THIS THREAD, DON'T IGNORE: https://www.nairaland.com/2946071/wickedness-nigerian-youths-stadelk7-sell
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by rodeo0070(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
namedonfinish:

sowi bro for digging out old sh!t, as par say me just dey see dis post ni oo...
Dis u eventually get ur fone back..

I got nothing from the guy...
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
rodeo0070:

I got nothing from the guy...
so sorry about that..
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by paulboboby: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2017
[quote author=rodeo0070 post=14797762]Good day all.
Here are his contacts:
Thank you

i have giving him,his phone.am very sicking during the time,he was calling me.
thank.
Re: SCAM ALERT: Awolola Samuel(Paulboboby) by paulboboby: 9:07am On Aug 22, 2017
[b]i have giving him,his phone.am very sicking during the time,he was calling me.
thank.
[/b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maxbounty Accounts Available - Cheapest Ever / Top 20 Business Ideas In The Transportation Industry / E-cash Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.