Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Churches And Football - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches And Football (789 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Nigerian Churches And Their Individual Madness Part 2: RCCG!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches And Football by iwakacome: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
I am a member of a bible believing church, I was talking to my Dad (a strong antagonist of football) and he was very angry about churches owning football clubs. He said churches with football clubs are not serious minded and its certain that they are not ready for heaven.
I am not a football fan but I believe everybody has an option on how to relax with their spare time. I would like to know:
1. Is it right for a church to own, support or sponsor a football team or club? Yes/No (with reasons).
2. Is there any implication to a club having a team.
3. Does God frown at sports.
Re: Churches And Football by vodacom: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
iwakacome:
I am a member of a bible believing church, I was talking to my Dad (a strong antagonist of football) and he was very angry about churches owning football clubs. He said churches with football clubs are not serious minded and its certain that they are not ready for heaven.
I am not a football fan but I believe everybody has an option on how to relax with their spare time. I would like to know:
1. Is it right for a church to own, support or sponsor a football team or club? Yes/No (with reasons).
2. Is there any implication to a club having a team.
3. Does God frown at sports.
Is right for church to sponsor reality shows like big brother,who wants to be a millionaira?
Re: Churches And Football by iwakacome: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
i don't feel its wrong if a church sponsors a positive programme that teaches people.
Re: Churches And Football by vodacom: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
iwakacome:
i don't feel its wrong if a church sponsors a positive programme that teaches people.
It is depends on what they teach .see my reasons
1. What is the essence of establishing churches or what is the primary aim of the church?, it is to win souls for Christ and prepare them for heaven. If a church decides to sponsor reality shows or sports because it is for fun,they have gone against the reason for it's establishment but that is not to say that church shouldn't recognised talentend persons because many of them are going astray because they are not recognised.the church has many things to meet up e.g promoting the gospel and helping the needy e.t.c
2. The church is a solution centre where people of all race and background pray to God for answers to pray concerning any challenge they are facing in life
3. Should any church sponsor any programme that doesn't glorify God even though man think otherwise,makes the presence of God depart from such gathering.
4. Sponsoring of events like that of the world will make people see it as every other business even though some churches are going against the basic for formation. Churches can organise seminars,job creation,career advancement,programmes to help the needy and contributing the quota towards a nation building by instilling morals and values for a better society. The church being an agent of socialization plays a major role in instilling discipline and making members to be responsible to the society. A church is not step up for pleasure but to draw men closer to their creator. The church is different from the world just as the world is different from the church.these are my reasons for kicking against it.everyone is entitled to their opinion.

(1) (Reply)

(photo) Guess What Is Wrong With Her? / The Four Kinds Of Christians / Your Hillarious Sleeping Techniques At Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.