Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions (6939 Views)

Muste Scholarship Organizers Deviates From The Founder's Intentions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by faithboi: 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
If you are in the habit of talking because you are around those you called your loved once, chances are that you would be or are called a talkative. Some others are not but they just don’t know when to talk and when to keep shut-they talk randomly.
Which ever of the above groups you find yourself in, there is a mistake commonly made. And that mistake makes all the difference. YOUR INTENTIONS. Do you expose or keep them secretive. For every talkative, he’s got no secret. Everything on his mind is always known by those around him. Hence he is seen as an ordinary person. If you must be respected by all, you must learn and keep the principle which forms the basis of this post.
You must know that its not every thing that has to be said or voiced out. You must keep secrets to both make those around you insecure and also secured.
You must CONCEAL your intentions. When your intentions are made secret, it makes you larger than life. You are revered and you spring surprises.

Here we’re going to see the demerits of exposing our intentions. exposing your intentions doea all but not limited to these

1. You are predictable: when we all know what you are up to, we can predict how you’ll react to certain thing that’s happening. We know how to get at you. You become our “puppet”

2. You lose the ability of springing up surprises: yeah! The world loves surprises. If you loose this ability, you become boring and we’ll do away with you soonest.

3. Lesser chances of achieving the intended: Haven’t you noticed? If you let your intentions known, chances are that you wont achieve them(or up to the standard you anticipated)
4. Puts you under needless pressure: alright you’ve told him your plans, thinking it’ll make you admired? It wont, it’ll rather put the pressure to perform on you, and not so many can work under pressure. The pressure is also partly because you won’t want to disappoint.
5. You can even get discouraged: Some friends are just bunch of “discouragers”. Whatever you want to do, they’ll see why you shouldn’t and why you can’t. They’ll dampen your spirit and morale.
6. Your ideas might get sabotaged or stolen: don’t you think someone somewhere might steal your ideas, plans or sabotage your move?
So that was some of the reasons you should conceal your intentions, think well my friend, not all of those around you are actually your lovers and friend, you have to be wise and smart. And lets take a quick look at some of the benefits of concealing your intentions.
1. You’re unpredictable: believe me this means power
2. You’re the master of surprises: Everybody loves surprises ,and with you they be any dulling moment

3. You’ll be free to start up at a more convenient time and at your own pace-and that’s freedom.

4. No pressure, no discouragement, your ideas are yours to keep.

5. You can secretly seek peoples opinions on how they’ll do theirs without making them know that’s what you’re up to- and that’ll produce better results.sir, limit the way you expose yourself to just anybody, people are not as good as they seem. They smile with you this moment because things are well and good, the moment things go wrong, they’ll use all they know about you against you. Be wise and stay in charge!

Source biscoibitade.com

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
nice post, so true

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Truckpusher(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
I hope op is aware that once you're a talkative it becomes almost impossible to be another person all of a sudden.

With the above statement I hereby declare the op's opinion null and void and do not hold water because the people that surprises you most are talkative themselves as they will say A giving you all assurances only to turn around and do B and of course they have a talent for talking ,never mind they will always talk themselves out of it with a straight face.
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by faithboi: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Peterken05:
nice post, so true
glad you liked it.
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by faithboi: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Truckpusher:
I hope op is aware that once you're a talkative it becomes almost impossible to be another person all of a sudden.

With the above statement I hereby declare the op's opinion null and void and do not hold water because the people that surprises you most are talkative themselves as they will say A giving you all assurances only to turn around and do B and of course they have a talent for talking ,never mind they will always talk themselves out of it with a straight face.
should I disagree with you?...no I wont,however,if you do listen to talkatives talk,you'll know nothing is surprising about talkatives.You sure expect them to talk and talk and talk themselves into trouble.
You'll also notice that they lie alot.because in the cause of talking,they exhaust the truth,and continue they must,consequently whatever it is to interest and impress the listener is all what they do.the Holy book also warns against been talkatives...have a nice day

4 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Texykool: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Great One
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Na to book space ..
Oya FRONT PAGE
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Ryabcool(m): 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Highly endorse this post...
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by tpraiz(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
9ce one:::::::
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by KingsJohnson(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Greatly recommended 4 everybody
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Lilimax(f): 12:18am On Nov 01, 2014
Nice write up. I get to talk less henceforth cos in the multitude of words there is sin smiley

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by DermalCarotene(f): 12:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Thank you very much, OP..
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Sethuncahier(m): 12:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Nice one! Conceal your intentions to prevent the stealing of startup ideas...
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by tpia6: 2:20am On Nov 01, 2014
For every talkative, he’s got no secret.

not necessarily true.

some talkative people do keep secrets although i get your point.
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Preceedo(m): 2:29am On Nov 01, 2014
The Topic of the thread should be 'WHY EVERYONE MUST BE AN INTROVERT'. Anyway, being an introvert is the best thing that can eva happen to any man. GOD is an introvert, Jesus was an introvert. Introverts are always on top of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by akinsadeez(m): 3:25am On Nov 01, 2014
Its not good to hide ones intention all the time. Instead of stealing your ideas there are people who will actually offer suggestions that will improve your idea or even open your eyes to some areas which you did not consider before.
This article generalizes, which is wrong. The main thing is knowing whom to talk to about your intentions at the right time. You should not tell EVERYONE about your intentions ALL the time, but at the same time hiding your intention from everyone can be very counterproductive. You lose valuable advice and when everything goes south, these people whom you originally wanted to surprise are most likely the same people you will go back to help get you out of your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by obago(m): 4:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by fr3do(m): 5:12am On Nov 01, 2014
True talk
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by constance500: 5:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Interesting article
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by lilTunechi(m): 5:51am On Nov 01, 2014
Talking Much makes you boring. I don't talk much. Losers and scumbags talk and talk and talk.
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 01, 2014
So true..

Whenever I tell people my plans,it doesn't always work out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by mrpackager(m): 7:02am On Nov 01, 2014
it is well

frontpage material
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by rattlesnake(m): 8:04am On Nov 01, 2014
Best way to escape arrows from villa
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by 100Cents: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2014
I fully agree with number 3.

Making my intentions known undermines my chances of fully achieving them.

That's the only reason I keep secrets.

No one can sabotage me..
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by KillerBeauty(f): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2014
akinsadeez:
Its not good to hide ones intention all the time. Instead of stealing your ideas there are people who will actually offer suggestions that will improve your idea or even open your eyes to some areas which you did not consider before.
This article generalizes, which is wrong. The main thing is knowing whom to talk to about your intentions at the right time. You should not tell EVERYONE about your intentions ALL the time, but at the same time hiding your intention from everyone can be very counterproductive. You lose valuable advice and when everything goes south, these people whom you originally wanted to surprise are most likely the same people you will go back to help get you out of your problem.

True

1 Like

Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Richhommie(m): 9:04am On Nov 01, 2014
@Op So true. Empty vessels make the loudest noise
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by lymelyte(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2014
It is better to listen than to talk. That is the reason almighty gave us 1mouth and 2 ears..
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by micolaj: 11:57am On Nov 01, 2014
The reasons are 50%good-50%bad, as occasion permits it. It depends one's COGNITIVE ABILITIES to know when to CONCEAL or to REVEAL.
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Evergreat2014(m): 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
We are always learning. Thanks alot OP.
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by seyejohn94: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
rattlesnake:
Best way to escape arrows from villa

lol
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Cashio(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2014
sure...
Re: Six Reasons Why You Must Conceal Your Intentions by Babafaros(m): 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Members Fight With Fg After Meeting Today / Neco 2015 / 2016 Marketing Questions & Answers (obj / Theory) / How Would You Feel, If You Are An Illiterate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.