Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

How To Avoid A Fraud - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Avoid A Fraud (610 Views)

Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 / Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid A Fraud by AutosBay(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Please Moderators I Feel This Thread Should Be Made Sticky On This Section.

What are the things that potentially fraudulent sellers do?

Ask you to wire money into on International account. Seller may ask you to send payment overseas and will only accept Western Union or another money transfer service (e-Gold).

List an address that is different from the address on their item detail page.
Recommend an unfamiliar escrow or payment service.

Not be up front about the authenticity of items for sale.

Will not provide you a verifiable telephone number.

Try to convince you not to use payment services that offers protection (accepted services are those like Escrow.com and PayPal).

Will repeatedly not answer phone calls or email.

Continuously provide excuses about why you haven't received an item.

Sell suspect copies of software, music, or videos.

Refuse to give you a working shipment tracking number.

Sell an expensive popular item at a suspiciously low price.

What should I do if I suspect a fraudulent seller?

If you feel there is a posting on the site that is false or fraudulent, please contact the moderator

What are things that potentially fraudulent buyers do?

Ask you to wire money into their account.
Buyer offers high-value (but fake) cashier's check in exchange for the item for sale. The value of cashier's check often far exceeds your item and the buyer asks you to wire the balance via money transfer service. Banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLEAR . Scam often involves a 3rd party (shipping agent, business associate owing buyer money). We would strongly discourage you from wiring money.

Recommend an unfamiliar escrow or payment service.

Place large orders to be sent to a foreign location.

Say they will pay you half of what's due before they receive the item, and half payment afterwards.

Will not provide you a verifiable telephone number.

Pay with an international credit card or cashier's check.

What should I do if I suspect a fraudulent buyer?

If you feel a buyer is acting fraudulently, please contact the moderator.
Re: How To Avoid A Fraud by AutosBay(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
Please read.
Re: How To Avoid A Fraud by AutosBay(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
AutosBay:
Please read.
Re: How To Avoid A Fraud by AutosBay(m): 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
AutosBay:
Please read.
Re: How To Avoid A Fraud by emeths: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Good information, that's for international deals. what about local deals?

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Registered Lexus RX300 2000 @ N1,250,000.00 Call 08023416552 / Registered Nissan Pathfinder - 2005 @ N1,700,000.00 / Clean Opel Astra For Sell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.