Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

OLX Scam Alert - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OLX Scam Alert (1389 Views)

Olx Beefs Linda Ikeji / Scammers We Have Detected On Google Trader, OLX Etc (Submit Complaints Here) / Mtn Nigeria Promo Scam Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OLX Scam Alert by arosteph: 12:29am On Nov 01, 2014
There are a lot of 419 boys on olx. Until this site has buyers protection like ebay, aliexpress, jumia etc they will continue to swindle innocent buyers.
I was a victim of their scam, when i saw a laptop that interest me from one mr peter. I call him we negotiated, because i was far from his location we both agreed on pay on delivery. But he ask that i should pay the cost of delivery which he said is #5000. Could you believe that after payment he still ask i increase it to #8500 which i refused. Later he now directed i speek with the MD, and when i did, he directed that since i am not the only person he is going to delivered to, and more so that they might be getting to my location late and carrying money at that hour is very risky and so, i should pay the whole money so that when they get to my location they will just deliver the laptop and start to go back. On a second thought, i decided to opt out without further payment. And when i ask them for refund of my #5000 they stop picking my calls.
I don't know how many they have defrauded on OLX. Please if you are reading this, don't just stop at reading, share the information so that we can together put them out of business. Thanks
Re: OLX Scam Alert by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 01, 2014
Reaaly dnt knw why females are more prone to scammers than males.... It rouses my imajination
Re: OLX Scam Alert by Techwriter: 1:48am On Nov 01, 2014
Nigeria is known all over the world for their scam tendencies. Its surprising that a Nigerian can be scammed through this cheap means
Re: OLX Scam Alert by Gboliwe: 1:57am On Nov 01, 2014
arosteph:
There are a lot of 419 boys on olx. Until this site has buyers protection like ebay, aliexpress, jumia etc they will continue to swindle innocent buyers.
I was a victim of their scam, when i saw a laptop that interest me from one mr peter. I call him we negotiated, because i was far from his location we both agreed on pay on delivery. But he ask that i should pay the cost of delivery which he said is #5000. Could you believe that after payment he still ask i increase it to #8500 which i refused. Later he now directed i speek with the MD, and when i did, he directed that since i am not the only person he is going to delivered to, and more so that they might be getting to my location late and carrying money at that hour is very risky and so, i should pay the whole money so that when they get to my location they will just deliver the laptop and start to go back. On a second thought, i decided to opt out without further payment. And when i ask them for refund of my #5000 they stop picking my calls.
I don't know how many they have defrauded on OLX. Please if you are reading this, don't just stop at reading, share the information so that we can together put them out of business. Thanks
That's the format. I hope you have learnt your lesson. Sorry.
Re: OLX Scam Alert by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 01, 2014
Naxo I see 1 Mac laptop on olx,d guy asked me to pay half den wen I get d laptop,I pay d rest..smtin ine blived but I jzt didnt wana B a mugu to a fellow Nigerian..although,every gadget I av used has been from d internet..I 1ce did a deal of 31k without thinkn,my 1st deal but smhw,d guy didn't scam me..I think u shuld be careful how u throw money out jxt cause u av fallen in love with an item online
Re: OLX Scam Alert by Skillfullulu(m): 6:26am On Nov 01, 2014
Either u being a female or male doesn't mean u can't b scammed, there are different format, mind u.
U just gotta b careful. OLx s BAD!!!!!
Re: OLX Scam Alert by arosteph: 7:14am On Nov 01, 2014
SuperMartins:
Naxo I see 1 Mac laptop on olx,d guy asked me to pay half den wen I get d laptop,I pay d rest..smtin ine blived but I jzt didnt wana B a mugu to a fellow Nigerian..although,every gadget I av used has been from d internet..I 1ce did a deal of 31k without thinkn,my 1st deal but smhw,d guy didn't scam me..I think u shuld be careful how u throw money out jxt cause u av fallen in love with an item online
Thanks for comment, i have been shopping on ebay, alibaba and jumia and more so that two of my friend told me they bought some items, i just thought all is ok. But keep sharing the info to keep them out of biz.

1 Like

Re: OLX Scam Alert by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
k

1 Like

Re: OLX Scam Alert by nani667: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
N5,000 for delivery ?? For this Nigeria ? Na DHL ?

I can't believe you were asked to pay a whole N5,000 for delivery and you happily paid.... I'm sure the dude was amazed that you paid the 5K, that's why he said you should increase it to N8,500...amke he see whether he go chop you more.....

Sad something.... Well, at least you've learnt something
Re: OLX Scam Alert by arosteph: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
whizbrain:
That's how one Mr Barry and John Omeru scammed my friend and I of #25000 and #3000 respectively. Don't buy laptops or phones from OLX....Keep them out of business.
Thank you for sharing your experience, i know it must have happen to others who are refusing to talk about it. We just need to keep sharing the information to keep them out of biz. Even when there are alot of legitimate biz on the internet but they have choosen to swindle people, they will never end well in life. Amen
Re: OLX Scam Alert by naijarates(m): 12:43am On Nov 02, 2014
So What do u do? Rate them.

Re: OLX Scam Alert by Omofranca(f): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
arosteph:
Thank you for sharing your experience, i know it must have happen to others who are refusing to talk about it. We just need to keep sharing the information to keep them out of biz. Even when there are alot of legitimate biz on the internet but they have choosen to swindle people, they will never end well in life. Amen

arosteph:

I'd like to add to this list of olx scammers: beware of laptop seller calling himself Mr. Jefferson, he is a conman!
Re: OLX Scam Alert by Kellygold(f): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
For safe transactions, always pay on delivery. And if the seller is in far location, send someone in that location to confirm the seller and goods are genuine before payment.
Re: OLX Scam Alert by dominique(f): 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
Me I can't part with one kobo of my money to someone I met on an online platform. I see you, inspect the goods then pay you cash or transfer to your account right there.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Enjoy Basking In Their Farts??? / China Restaurant Asks Girls To Serve Food Unclad To Promote Sales [PHOTOS] / Photo See The Terrible Accident That Happened Along Ibafo Express Way 40mins Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.