Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

My Salvation Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Salvation Story (656 Views)

Your Birth My Salvation / Salvation Ministries 5 Night Of Glory 2016 Preview / Hymns On Assurance Of Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Salvation Story by sCross: 6:06am On Nov 01, 2014
I was about 6 years old then (not sure), i just couldn't sleep. I can't really remember the details but i knew something was missing; and I sensed what.

So i whispered to my mum, "I want to give my life to Christ". She led me to Him that night and I eventually found sleep.

I wish I can say that I've been with him until now but that would be a lie. Between then and now, I fell so many times did so many foolish things but I found my way back to His presence. He was and still is merciful.

It's been about 5 steady years now with him and I am glad. The journey has been wonderful even though there have been challenges.

Here I stand, not my power but by the grace of God.

#mySalvationStory

What is your salvation story?
Re: My Salvation Story by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 01, 2014
And the Son of God died; it is by all means to be believed, because it is absurd. And He was buried and rose again; the fact is certain because it is impossible." "After Jesus Christ we have no need of speculation, after the Gospel no need of research. When we come to believe, we have no desire to believe anything else; for we begin by believing that there is nothing else which we have to believe..

There is on earth among all dangers no more dangerous thing than a richly endowed and adroit reason, especially if she enters into spiritual matters which concern the soul and God. For it is more possible to teach an ass to read than to blind such a reason and lead it right; for reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed." "Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees it must put out of sight, and wish to know nothing but the word of God.

And thus, for a long while, I carried a cross that was not mine. I walked the path Zombie Jesus walked and praised myself for it. Heaven was dangled like a carrot before me, and I put my all into serving zombie Jesus and his angels.
Then knowledge found me, that light that shines upon the heart of men through the power illuminating power of reason. And as the eyes shut tightly as it's exposed to the first rays of the morning light, so my mind shrunk when I contemplated the horror that I might have been deceived my whole life.
But Lucifer, the morning star, he found me. When I was in the darkest parts of Abraham's bosom, while I was being led like a lamb to the slaughter, Lucifer's light and knowledge found me and thus I was emancipated.
All glory to the one who leads without a book.
Re: My Salvation Story by Trailblazer1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
I celebrate your faith my brother!
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 corinthians 1:18

May Gods grace keep you rapturable

1 Like

Re: My Salvation Story by Trailblazer1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
my testimony goes thus:

i have been the usual church goer, living a life of mediocrity, playing church and Christianity just as so many do.
Though born into a Christian home, my life was Christless. I was overwhelmed and lost in the crowd heading to hell. I made constant effort to lead a righteous life but the power of the flesh was at work in me. The things I wish to do, I do not, and the things which I hate, that I find myself doing. The spirit of lost was constantly warring with my spirit.
During my third year in the university, I went to a program with some friends to have fun as usual. But the Lord had another plan for my life, right there my eyes were opened, my heart melted before the Lord. I got my mind made up for Christ and I made a decision to serve God. Since then, I have enjoyed constant fellowship with the Holy Spirit and He has strengthened my Faith.
Re: My Salvation Story by sCross: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
@ Trailblazer1, thanks for the encouragement. God bless you.
I pray I see you in heaven.

@ sonoflucifer; God still loves you and even though you think you've gone too far, ask God to help you and watch him act.

#Mission make heaven and take as many people as possible
Re: My Salvation Story by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
sCross:

@ sonoflucifer; God still loves you and even though you think you've gone too far, ask God to help you and watch him act.

What help would I require from the assh0le? I am the sonoflucifer. I need no help.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/12/14 / It Happen Again. / Is This A Sin Before God Or Its Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.