Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (2477 Views)

Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics? / Finance And Economics, Which Is Better? / Maths Or Economics: Which Is Better For Nigerian Job Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Udmaster(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
T
Re: . by alabiyemmy(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: . by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Udmaster:
I was offered a degree admission to read AGRIC. ECONOMICS.
Please, is it a marketable course in Nigeria? Where do they work? Should i accept the admission?

i know of a lady who studied this same course 8 years ago.....now she is a departmental manager in one of the best banks in nigeria. All u need is hardwork and being competent in ur field.
Re: . by Udmaster(m): 12:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
basbone:
i know of a lady who studied this same course 8 years ago.....now she is a departmental manager in one of the best banks in nigeria. All u need is hardwork and being competent in ur field.
oh thank you very much! God Bless you
Re: . by chibanj(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Yea bro. An agric economist is a policy maker. As an agric economist u can work in government ministries, banks, various companies including oil companies, u can also b a consultant. Wen d government wants 2 run any program related to agric (soil) a committee is set up made of agric economists.

Dis is just a lil I decided to share.

I REP Agric Economics.

1 Like

Re: . by Udmaster(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
chibanj:
Yea bro. An agric economist is a policy maker. As an agric economist u can work in government ministries, banks, various companies including oil companies, u can also b a consultant. Wen d government wants 2 run any program related to agric (soil) a committee is set up made of agric economists.

I REP Agric Economics.
Thank you so much.
Re: . by mizjules(f): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
Welcome to our club! I'm in my 500l studying the course and I can tell you that there's a lot of opportunites reading the course, you can work in a bank, and any related agric firm..and trust me the pay is excellent if you get a good place as an agric economist. You can also have a farm.. Don't worry agric is a very creative job/course. Just read your books n work hard
Re: . by Udmaster(m): 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
mizjules:
Welcome to our club! I'm in my 500l studying the course and I can tell you that there's a lot of opportunites reading the course, you can work in a bank, and any related agric firm..and trust me the pay is excellent if you get a good place as an agric economist. You can also have a farm.. Don't worry agric is a very creative job/course. Just read your books n work hard
oh thanks and goodluck in your final year

1 Like

Re: . by mizjules(f): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
Udmaster:
oh thanks and goodluck in your final year
Thanks
Re: . by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 02, 2014
Udmaster:
Please, is it a marketable course in Nigeria? Where do they work? Should i accept the admission?

It is a marketable course and one of the most important branch of agriculture ....

You can work in Both Private Organisation such as Banks even CBN or public institutions (MDAs) or academic institutions and/or Open your own private business .... The career scope of Agric-Econs is quite wide both academically and professionally !

I encourage you to accept the admission with all heart ....

It is a combination of Agricultural Science and Economics e.g Application of Economics to Agriculture !

Respect to the experts that posted above me ... Una weldone and success !
Re: . by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
chibanj:

I REP Agric Economics.
What about a graduate of Cooperative Econs & Mgt? Any goodies?
NB: also a graduate member of NIM, PMP certificate & Certificate in Customer Service
Re: . by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2014
Pls wat r d skills or certificates I need to get to improve my mktability hv been job hunting for 4yrs. Tnx for ur ansa
Re: . by tanimola22: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Udmaster:

What is your other option if you don't accept it? Sit at home and wait for another year? Or move immediately to your first choice course elsewhere? Provide answers and let's take it from there..

(1) (Reply)

Consultants Required / Weird, Crazy Degree Courses / A Vacant Post For C.e.o, Send C.v To: Hr@al-qaeda.com Thank You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.