Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Thumbs Up For NIPOST - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thumbs Up For NIPOST (1955 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Unsuccessful Item Delivery Attempt On Nipost Website / NIPOST Workers Demanding Cash To Recieve Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thumbs Up For NIPOST by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
I just received my package from the USA through NIPOST. NIPOST is alive and working well. Thumbs up to them. Now I know that I can make purchases and receive them by post through NIPOST. The items were purchased online through e-bay and payment was made through my PayPal account. There were two courier systems. The seller sent it via USPS but USPS operates only within the USA but manages the process through NIPOST when the items get to Nigeria. Initially I was not aware that USPS works with NIPOST. I expected my parcel sent directly to me at Eket by USPS. Getting to know that NIPOST was involved gave me a lot of concern because I never expected they were efficient. Another remarkable feature is the synchronized tracking and confirm between USPS and NIPOST. You can use both site to confirm the status of your item but NIPOST is more reliable when the items are received by them in Nigeria. But the observation here is that both USPS and NIPOST seems to be communicating all the way. NIPOST handles this kind of service through the speed post, EMS.

But there were down sides. When my goods arrived in Nigeria it was wrongly routed to Zaria. I don't know the reason for this because there was no ambiguity in my address. However I was on top of it. You need to be checking the tracking and confirm regularly so you can take action if something goes wrong. The GSM numbers of EMS top level managers can be obtained from their website. The customer service numbers are there too but speaking with them was useless. Finally I got my stuff intact.
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by ibkgab001: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
you are so lucky... i hve my package sitting them since June
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
ibkgab001:
you are so lucky... i hve my package sitting them since June

Too bad. Hope you are doing something about it. Mine was sent on the 22nd of October and I received on the 31st October.
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by vizboy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2014
I have received package twice with them.

They brought it to My home was really impressed.

I hope they continue this way

1 Like

Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by shortisland: 6:26am On Nov 02, 2014
I've received more than 9 packages from NIPOST. I paid nothing. I've even sent a package to China through NIPOST. Their services have greatly improved. I say a big thumbs up to NIPOST. The problem is that NIPOST has an image problem of being incompetent but I think now that they are stepping up.

1 Like

Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 02, 2014
shortisland:
I've received more than 9 packages from NIPOST. I paid nothing. I've even sent a package to China through NIPOST. Their services have greatly improved. I say a big thumbs up to NIPOST. The problem is that NIPOST has an image problem of being incompetent but I think now that they are stepping up.

In my case they asked me to pay 1500 Naira. It was unrecipted but I paid anyway.
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by kolomax(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2014
There website is not tracking my goods @all an the item has arrive 9ja since 13 october
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by kolomax(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2014
jomonic:

Too bad. Hope you are doing something about it. Mine was sent on the 22nd of October and I received on the 31st October.
I think I got to learn some things from my oga abeg how do you manage to buy something on ebay and them sending it to 9ja without third party
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 02, 2014
kolomax:
I think I got to learn some things from my oga abeg how do you manage to buy something on ebay and them sending it to 9ja without third party

Some sellers send to international route and there are others who do not. The seller who does international route will normally package the items himself and send through a courier. Please take note that the items for which I made this post were personal items; not for business. Anyone doing bigger marketing should take care to do enough due diligence. With this knowledge, however I am toying with the idea of engaging in something on a bigger scale. I can trust the eBay trading platform. Anyone who has reason not to do so should say.

To do business on eBay you need to register with them and create a profile. You need to also register with PayPal because it is the only check out route possible on PayPal. Registering with eBay and PayPal are both easy.
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2014
kolomax:
There website is not tracking my goods @all an the item has arrive 9ja since 13 october

If your stuff came through EMS you can get some of their numbers from their website. Reporting your problem might be very useful if you have not done so already.
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by kolomax(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
jomonic:

Some sellers send to international route and there are others who do not. The seller who does international route will normally package the items himself and send through a courier. Please take note that the items for which I made this post were personal items; not for business. Anyone doing bigger marketing should take care to do enough due diligence. With this knowledge, however I am toying with the idea of engaging in something on a bigger scale. I can trust the eBay trading platform. Anyone who has reason not to do so should say.

To do business on eBay you need to register with them and create a profile. You need to also register with PayPal because it is the only check out route possible on PayPal. Registering with eBay and PayPal are both easy.
am very grateful sir....have been using ebay since 2010 just that I have not try shipping directly I only use 3rd party...it's very fun especially when bidding

1 Like

Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by kolomax(m): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
jomonic:

If your stuff came through EMS you can get some of their numbers from their website. Reporting your problem might be very useful if you have not done so already.
actually the goods is from china...and my seller use sweden post....
Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by sdavirus: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
Interesting.
I guess you forgot to include your postcode.
If you did, then I guess it's down to human error.
If you didn't, get your postcode from the Nipost office closest to your home. Your stuffs would never get sent to some other place, except it's due to human error. Very important

1 Like

Re: Thumbs Up For NIPOST by zenith4biz(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2014
kolomax:
actually the goods is from china...and my seller use sweden post....

I thought something is wrong with their website it now gives errors message when tracking you can try Trackitonline.ru

(1) (Reply)

Make Extra Income With Your Fresh Cold Coconut Water Vending Kiosk / Autopartz.com:locating Spare Parts From Popular Markets Is Just Few Clicks Away / Please Help! I Want To Open A Supermarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.