Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Fifa is nowhere near PES - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Fifa is nowhere near PES (6536 Views)

Finish Him! Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Is Coming To A PC Near You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by herald9: 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Esdb:
see where you are wrong ps3 is even better than xbox360 and almost as good as xbox1
We weren't comparing Xbox and PS3...

It was FIFA and PES. thanks.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
herald9:

We weren't comparing Xbox and PS3...

It was FIFA and PES. thanks.
so what does you quoting an "I play it on xbox360 it depnds on the platform" post and then saying yes if its ps2/3 fifa doesn't stand a chance and you added your laughing face
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by herald9: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
Esdb:
so what does you quoting an "I play it on xbox360 it depnds on the platform" post and then saying yes if its ps2/3 fifa doesn't stand a chance and you added your laughing face

All I implied was...

FIFA is okay on android... but PES rocks on PS and FIFA doesn't stand a chance.smiley
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 11:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
herald9:

All I implied was...

FIFA is okay on android... but PES rocks on PS and FIFA doesn't stand a chance.smiley
sorry mistke
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by csquared085: 11:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
Anyone who says that you can dribble from the center circle and score in PES obviously haven't even seen PES gameplay talk more of playing it.It's one of the toughest soccer video games especially on the ps3 and xbox 360 platform.I own PES 13 and you can't do that even with Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi,so don't try to dump shit on the game.Fifa's good as well but I personally prefer pes.I have friends that prefer fifa as well,at the end of the day,it's just a matter of preference and needs.

1 Like

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by parrotibaba(m): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2014
Esdb:
we are talking gameplay here not fancy characters and clothes that is what fifa has and commentary...

Its more like China(which is fine with lot of people.Fifa) to America(Pes)....which is the best
baba dats exactly what am talking about ,In pEs ,u can use a single strategy or formation to play a whole season in master league but in FIFA ,after dem don trash u eh,u will change ur strategy by force,I hv played peas from d days of ps2(pes 7) ,I hv played pEs 4 on PC ,bliv me ,I know all d tricks in pEs ,n I don't play less dan top player in any pEs I play but FIFA ,u hardly see ppl playing d intermediate level(dia r 3 levels,beginners,intermediate n professional; in each of dese levels,u will find dia beginner to legendary levels) n bliv me ,you'd rather play d legendary level in beginners dan to play d professional level in intermediate...,

U can't compare d two,in FIFA ,Chelsea plays exactly as de r playing in real life,so are d other clubs including dat bloody Southampton! bt in pEs ,d story is different, d players positioning is terrible, for what ever reason I can use Messi or Cr7 to dribble d whole defense n still score comfortably, players don't gas out i.e u can use d same line up from start to finish but u can't try dat in FIFA ...too much talking, let me close by saying dat d majority of ppl dat hate d FIFA games r rookies in soccer game play,de play d game once n struggle to adapt dia gameplay to d realism of FIFA so de rather stick with de easy one, i.e pEs

5 Likes

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by parrotibaba(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2014
Esdb:
we are talking gameplay here not fancy characters and clothes that is what fifa has and commentary...

Its more like China(which is fine with lot of people.Fifa) to America(Pes)....which is the best
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2014
parrotibaba:
baba dats exactly what am talking about ,In pEs ,u can use a single strategy or formation to play a whole season in master league but in FIFA ,after dem don trash u eh,u will change ur strategy by force,I hv played peas from d days of ps2(pes 7) ,I hv played pEs 4 on PC ,bliv me ,I know all d tricks in pEs ,n I don't play less dan top player in any pEs I play but FIFA ,u hardly see ppl playing d intermediate level(dia r 3 levels,beginners,intermediate n professional; in each of dese levels,u will find dia beginner to legendary levels) n bliv me ,you'd rather play d legendary level in beginners dan to play d professional level in intermediate...,

U can't compare d two,in FIFA ,Chelsea plays exactly as de r playing in real life,so are d other clubs including dat bloody Southampton! bt in pEs ,d story is different, d players positioning is terrible, for what ever reason I can use Messi or Cr7 to dribble d whole defense n still score comfortably, players don't gas out i.e u can use d same line up from start to finish but u can't try dat in FIFA ...too much talking, let me close by saying dat d majority of ppl dat hate d FIFA games r rookies in soccer game play,de play d game once n struggle to adapt dia gameplay to d realism of FIFA so de rather stick with de easy one, i.e pEs
it is only 2014 that was trash enough with a tactic. Pes is more than top player now you must be super good like me to beat them at the superstar level and in pes the field looks like it would when you play a match I just hate that fifa field.. Ani the day we played fifa 14 evrybdy in the room started dozing immediately pes comot enter and I grabbed that pad it was entertaining all the way..... DO MESSI and RONALDO not dribble from the midfield and score? You no sabi play PES ni if we meet you will llove it again fifa is 000000000000
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by parrotibaba(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
read my post again,I don't play less dan top player n yes I hv played d superstar level n its d same tin ... n FIFA's pitch is more realistic Dan pEs ...just try to play FIFA 14(not 15) on ps4 or Xbox one,bro u will dump pEs ,not to talk of FIFA 15...by d way I hv played pEs up to d 14 n it doesn't near FIFA at all ...FIFA is d ReAlshii grin ,d ultimate, FIFA is real cheesy ...PS don't quote me again, am done explaining so smoke 'em if u got 'em
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by ceslide: 9:00am On Nov 05, 2014
1st of all you're just trolling cause it's obvious Fifa is better than Pes...Fifa costs more in stores, we can't even judge a game solely on gameplay..iPhone 4 can do most of what the iPhone 6 can do but we all still want the latest.

Fifa gives you the true feeling of the epl, strategies are absolutely limitless, constant update of ratings even for small teams, the game play is outstanding also...no one likes reading long stories ..so the end
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 1:49am On Nov 06, 2014
Esdb:
Insomnia is a sleep-deficiency problem whereby you get no sleep in the night you get no sleep at all. But lucky you reader I EmmyB has found a cure for this...

Ladies and gentlemen the revolutionary cure for this syndrome that has been plaguing humans for generations is ahh cut the crap "Just play fifa soccer game!"

Yes! Fifa! You read that right an hour of playing that boring excuse will help you into dream land easily.

It will with its over-hyped realistic players.
If that doesn't then the rather annoying and unnecessary skilled passes players make OR

The certitude that through balls will just break defenses like football has no defending players. OR

Loosing the ball to your marker immediately he makes contact making it impossible to dribble from the mid-field with a player and score[they say pes is thrash because you can't dribble from the mid-field with a player and score...Torh has messi not done it what does ronaldo has sanchez nt tried it!mtchw]

Anotherr thing is you can't score from the center-circle in fifa[they say pes is thrash because you can do this in it..torh didn't rooney do it last season? Has becham not done it before!!!!mmtchww]

Dribbling is not real in fifa and the fact that immediately you are in the box just close ur eyes and press box and watch the ball unrealistically roll and I mean roll like when balls roll into pockets on snooker tables.

The vibration of the pad when the ball hits the pole is so unreal it doesn't gve it any realistic feel.[One thing I didn't get in pes because if it worked on pes13 it would have been crazy with the real feeling you get when the ball hits the post]

Oyaa lemme see you compare pes with fifa!

Okay I like both game pes more so than fifa. However the premise for ur conclusion is...well....inconclusive. These things u've mentioned are not any gud reasons why pes is better. U cud have said...stats actually make a difference in pes than fifa which only rely on strength and speed etc. These are the stuff we want to hear. Not that the force feeback of the gamepad, when the ball hits the posts or bar, is unrealistic. How's dat unrealistic? It's a feedback, which by the way personally I really like...or that u can't score from center? In my oppinion if u can score from center at will or most of the tym in a football game then it's a negative not a gud thing. Also I'm sure u can score from center in fifa. Jux doesn't happen a lot jux like real life.

Please revise ur opening post and let's have a better debate thread.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 2:10am On Nov 06, 2014
ceslide:
1st of all you're just trolling cause it's obvious Fifa is better than Pes...Fifa costs more in stores, we can't even judge a game solely on gameplay..iPhone 4 can do most of what the iPhone 6 can do but we all still want the latest.

Fifa gives you the true feeling of the epl, strategies are absolutely limitless, constant update of ratings even for small teams, the game play is outstanding also...no one likes reading long stories ..so the end

Presentation- this includes graphics ingame and cutscenes, replays etc licenses net physics, crowd stadium number, real to life representation of the bpl (yh people like these things) etc. fifa wins this by a flight around the world.

Player models- pes by a mile (fifa's look like barbie dolls, ver plastic)

Faces- draw both are really gud

Commentary- fifa wins this so hard it's not even a contest (pes has had the same boring commentary for 7 yrs now, I can't believe it)

Tactics- pes win this no argument...however fifa is getting dere.

Gameplay- everything from stats to unpredictability, real time application of tactics, ball physics, pitch size is so much better on pes. Seriously I wish they cud fix the strictly on rails glued-to-the-feet ball physics and pitch size in fifa and the game cud be opened to so much possibilities, cos right now over head lob passes are sure to win u games all the tym. Jux put cr9 upfront and u're a happy gamer.

Goalkeepers- fifa...however this year they are suspect. Still better though.

Online- fifa by a mile. I don't play online anyways.

Career mode/ masterleaugue- due to extensive licenses and atleast some yearly improvement unlike wat konami is doing (or not doing, for a better use of words) career mode wins.

This is my rating on the two games. Most people care jux about gameplay so for them pes always wins. Some love flashy stuff too so fifa always win for them.

1 Like

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 2:15am On Nov 06, 2014
parrotibaba:
read my post again,I don't play less dan top player n yes I hv played d superstar level n its d same tin ... n FIFA's pitch is more realistic Dan pEs ...just try to play FIFA 14(not 15) on ps4 or Xbox one,bro u will dump pEs ,not to talk of FIFA 15...by d way I hv played pEs up to d 14 n it doesn't near FIFA at all ...FIFA is d ReAlshii grin ,d ultimate, FIFA is real cheesy ...PS don't quote me again, am done explaining so smoke 'em if u got 'em

Editted. Hmmmmmmm
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 2:52am On Nov 06, 2014
parrotibaba:

Pes has let me down since 2008 till now.. And fifa has been slowly crawling back to me. BUT.......there are a few thing I'll like to clarify.

First point. In master league u cannot use the default master league team and actually win all ur game with the same strategy. U know why, cos the players get tired, u may not have a proper replace on the bench since they are all average players....also some get called on national duty and come back injured etc. If u pick the default team players for ur master league however u'll defintely start strong and keep winning. Pes 2014 is a trash game so it doesn't count. Tactics work so well in pes u'd be extremely amazed (except 2014). In fifa tactics sometyms need changing becos the cpu starts to script the events to happen and sometyms u can't stop them from happening. It happened so much and forumers on ea's official forum started complaining about this so much so that the word "scripting became a banned word in there...punishable by exile. Somehow changing the tactics stops the scripting for sometym before it picks up again.

Point two- the difficulties in fifa are more or less artificial. In the sense that increasing the difficulty didn't mean the cpu was actually going to adjust it's tactics to counter urs (say u are playing an all out game cos u clearly had the stronger team, u'd expect the cpu to sit back and try to contain the attack for atleast a draw or if they are daring enuff, counter attack u by using their flanks well enuff or a bit of high balls...u know) it automatically becomes super humand and gains the ability to actually read ur players movements. So there's no way a play like messi is able to dribble pass a div 1 defender on the hardest difficulty cos they can now read where u're going to move, everytym.

Third point- all teams play like barcelona....pass around in fifa so ofcos u'll think some teams are better represented...cos that is the way the game play and it happens to coincide with their play....like recent chelsea. Try playing with stoke city and come back and tell me for real if they use high balls or they pass around like barcelona. I bet it'll be the latter. Most players have individuality in pes....the term player id wasn't even a term untill forum members at ea forums and some pes forums starting critisizing fifa games for being devoid of them for so long. Something pes has had for as long as we can remember. Then ea suddenly gave it a name....as a feature in their upcoming game. Konami had it and didn't even give it a name cos it wasn't necessory (also their pr team are very stupid and must be sacked) it was a necessity for a gud football game not to be touted as a feature. And with player individuality came team chemisty and playstyle. Also again this wasn't even something touted by konami...it was jux dere until ea gave it a name as a feature. Are u aware that in pes a player rated 75 cud be the best midfielder u ever had in ur team jux because his pass, ball control, technique, response etc cud be high, individually? This meant dat the overall stats was not the decider of how gud a player was but his individual stats cud also give u an idea of where he cud best be placed? So it doesn't mean jux cos a striker is 90 + he can be a defender.....he'll be turned insyd out if u placed him there. The opposite is very true for fifa tho. Only two stats really matter...speed and strength. So instead of individual stats counting as much....the overall stats are wats important in fifa. Oh wait, is he a defender with a 85+ stats, not to worry, drop him in midfield and watch him give passes like xavi and pirlo.

So dats it....jux wanted to clarify stuff. If I'm wrong somewhere in my post pls do correct me. I'll be happy to oblige.

2 Likes

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by parrotibaba(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2014
@kimco I have played Chelsea in d intermediate (legendary) level n trust me,de defended like hell same as A.Madrid so I know what am saying
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by ceslide: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2014
@kimco you shouldn't argue with me cause I'm not a proffessional on rating games though I feel Fifa is a more decent game....you should compare the ign rankings, meta critic rankings etc of both games then you either send them emails to tell them they don't know shit or buy fifa 15 and previous versions

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by parrotibaba(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2014
and in ur stat point, it clearly shows dat u hv nt played FIFA for a long time, if u a defender whose Id reads 99 n play him in midfield, u r wasting ur time whereas in pEs u will hardly notice d difference when u put pepe in d midfield cos he can mark balls,has stamina n speed...

...I have played both games longer dan Adam n I still do but not for a second should sm1 compare FIFA to pEs ...n to further answer ur question, try playing with d big guns like Madrid or barca ,Bayern or manutd n watch smaller teams pack d bus(mourinho style) n frustrate ur life
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by KazukiIto(m): 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
I have to give it to PES15 here. They have really upgraded from that shitty game they called PES14. Especially the player's individuality. Once C.Ronaldo or Messi handles the ball, you will immediately recognize it's them. I think that's what FIFA15 is not doing (very well). But FIFA has always gotten the eye-candies (kits, stadium, etc.). But if PES were to have half of the licensing of FIFA, they will surely that rule the soccer genre.

All in all, the best game will only come when those two players come together to make it. Just imagine KONAMI vs EA combo! E for make sense die.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
ceslide:
@kimco you shouldn't argue with me cause I'm not a proffessional on rating games though I feel Fifa is a more decent game....you should compare the ign rankings, meta critic rankings etc of both games then you either send them emails to tell them they don't know shit or buy fifa 15 and previous versions

Dude no proper gamer actually takes ign or any review site serious for sports games. Even in fifa's bad years it gets gud reviews. Jux cos they play the game for a day and give it 9 doesn't mean dats dat. It takes more tym than that to actually review a sport game. So pls don't take dem serious. And pls don't tell me not to argue with u...unless I'm misunderstanding u.

Also licenses, exclusive presentation and modes are things that get fifa these gud reviews. U know why? Cos these thing are the first things that jump at u for the first month. After that it all goes away and the gameplay is exposed for wat it is....bland. Do u think these guys play the games long enough for them to realise it? I don't think so.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
parrotibaba:
and in ur stat point, it clearly shows dat u hv nt played FIFA for a long time, if u a defender whose Id reads 99 n play him in midfield, u r wasting ur time whereas in pEs u will hardly notice d difference when u put pepe in d midfield cos he can mark balls,has stamina n speed...

...I have played both games longer dan Adam n I still do but not for a second should sm1 compare FIFA to pEs ...n to further answer ur question, try playing with d big guns like Madrid or barca ,Bayern or manutd n watch smaller teams pack d bus(mourinho style) n frustrate ur life
I have fifa 15 on my pc as we speak...wat are u talking about. Small teams don't really park as much as they script read ur movement and take all the balls. Also they tiki taka the ball a lot. I'm playing as we speak and it's happening with stoke city. Exhibition game.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
parrotibaba:
@kimco I have played Chelsea in d intermediate (legendary) level n trust me,de defended like hell same as A.Madrid so I know what am saying
wat about the other smaller teams. Aside defending don't the also attack with precision?
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
kimco:

Okay I like both game pes more so than fifa. However the premise for ur conclusion is...well....inconclusive. These things u've mentioned are not any gud reasons why pes is better. U cud have said...stats actually make a difference in pes than fifa which only rely on strength and speed etc. These are the stuff we want to hear. Not that the force feeback of the gamepad, when the ball hits the posts or bar, is unrealistic. How's dat unrealistic? It's a feedback, which by the way personally I really like...or that u can't score from center? In my oppinion if u can score from center at will or most of the tym in a football game then it's a negative not a gud thing. Also I'm sure u can score from center in fifa. Jux doesn't happen a lot jux like real life.

Please revise ur opening post and let's have a better debate thread.
if u play pes well particularly pes 13 you will cognize that when the ball hits the post it feels so real the sound it gives....when the ball hits the post it is supposd to be a big disappointment for you the vibration is supposed to make it worse to make u feel agitated....its just too soft in fifa... Nd dt pes doesn't ve means nthng
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by ceslide: 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
We can't convince each other, I'm never going to play Pes again and y'all would never play Fifa... I love coke...you love Pepsi... Enjoy your game...you don't have to change my perception or what I love.....love soccer...love Welbeck...the greatest player
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
Esdb:
if u play pes well particularly pes 13 you will cognize that when the ball hits the post it feels so real the sound it gives....when the ball hits the post it is supposd to be a big disappointment for you the vibration is supposed to make it worse to make u feel agitated....its just too soft in fifa... Nd dt pes doesn't ve means nthng
oh dats wat u meant. The intensity of the feedback. Hmmm. Well I find nothing wrong with it tho...but I get u. Still not a gud enuff reason...u know that.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by kimco(m): 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
ceslide:
We can't convince each other, I'm never going to play Pes again and y'all would never play Fifa... I love coke...you love Pepsi... Enjoy your game...you don't have to change my perception or what I love.....love soccer...love Welbeck...the greatest player

Wow what a fanboy u are. I don't know about others but I'll gladly play both games. Becos they both have their pros and cons. So go on and starve urself of gud games becos u played a bad iteration. I hope others don't think like u.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
parrotibaba:
and in ur stat point, it clearly shows dat u hv nt played FIFA for a long time, if u a defender whose Id reads 99 n play him in midfield, u r wasting ur time whereas in pEs u will hardly notice d difference when u put pepe in d midfield cos he can mark balls,has stamina n speed..what u jst said abt pepe clearly shws u dnt knw pes cos errybdy knws if u try t scre with pepe no matter hw hard u press the r2 hez still going to play it wide and also abt him passing if u put a player in the wrong position in pes evrything abt him will automatically reduce so go nd do ur homework

Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
kimco:
oh dats wat u meant. The intensity of the feedback. Hmmm. Well I find nothing wrong with it tho...but I get u. Still not a gud enuff reason...u know that.
dt thng annys me like hell u scre a goal it hits d bar bfore heading into the goal and you jst feel zrimm on ur hand mtchewwwwww
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
I prefer PES15 to FIFA 15 but truth be told, both games have some way to go before becoming the killer app of all sports titles. I'm the kind of guy who plays nhl, nba, madden nfl and lots of soccer games. So when i compare what pes and fifa offer to some other sport franchises, it's always a let down.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Esdb:
it is only 2014 that was trash enough with a tactic. Pes is more than top player now you must be super good like me to beat them at the superstar level and in pes the field looks like it would when you play a match I just hate that fifa field.. Ani the day we played fifa 14 evrybdy in the room started dozing immediately pes comot enter and I grabbed that pad it was entertaining all the way..... DO MESSI and RONALDO not dribble from the midfield and score? You no sabi play PES ni if we meet you will llove it again fifa is 000000000000
guy you hit the nail on the head. The truth is that fifa is realistic but boring unlike pes.
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
Just search for pes 15 vs fifa 15. This year belongs to pes
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Esdb(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
OEmperor:
guy you hit the nail on the head. The truth is that fifa is realistic but boring unlike pes.
the thing they don't know is that no matter how realistic it is it will always remain a game nobody can control the real ronaldo or messi so the game factor will always be there.
kimco:

Wow what a fanboy u are. I don't know about others but I'll gladly play both games. Becos they both have their pros and cons. So go on and starve urself of gud games becos u played a bad iteration. I hope others don't think like u.
ceslide:
Re: Fifa is nowhere near PES by Mykcool(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
kimco:
I have fifa 15 on my pc as we speak...wat are u talking about. Small teams don't really park as much as they script read ur movement and take all the balls. Also they tiki taka the ball a lot. I'm playing as we speak and it's happening with stoke city. Exhibition game.
abeg wer u get ur fifa15 on pc from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ps2 Isn't Playing Pirated Cds, What Do I Do? / Download PES 2020 Mod Apk FTS+ For Android (unlimited Money) / Watch Out For Gta 6 Updating...News updated#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.