Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students (1663 Views)

Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. / Niger Delta University Students On Rag Day / Yabatech Part Time Newly Admitted Student Should Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 02, 2014
I need you to understand that all am about to tell you here are what we have seen and what stil happens, so read to the end.
I know what is expected is when is school resuming, should we start coming to school, when is clearance resuming, should we start paying for school fees and so on, they are stil right questions.
First of all, big congratulations for having made it and congratulations in advance to those yet to be admitted..its not easy. Do not feel you are better than those who couldnt make it or will not make it, rather; give God all the praises because its not as if you read or prepared more than they did, its not as if you did more expenses or took more risks than they did, you all read, prepared, did equal expenses and took same risks but God has favoured you and said this is your time. Those who havent made it, do not lose hope yet and even if you end up not making it in any of the supplementary lists...do not give up because what will be, will surely be and everything happens for a reason..your own time MUST come.
This article is mainly for the admitted and yet to be admitted candidates.
I want you to understand that gaining admission into university is NOT the time for you to start planning to exhibit all those your bad potentials you are not allowed to exhibit at home, wearing sexy and seductive clothes which you are not allowed to wear at home (girls), carrying irresponsible hair styles which you are not allowed to carry at home (Guys), its NOT the time for you to start making plans on how to visit those men/guys you have been longing to visit or the time to start inviting girls to come visit you, its NOT the time to start going for party, its NOT the time to lose your virginity, its NOT the time to start dating afteral you have entered school, its NOT the time to feel "belonged" or start being arrogant, naughty, etc.
Gaining admission into university is the time to feel "FOCUSED", its the time to feel "CHALLANGED", its the time to feel "AT RISK", its the time to feel "RESPONSIBLE", its the time to be "CAREFUL", humble and know that 80% of the decisions about your destiny now lies in your hands and any wrong decision you make at this stage will definitely reflect on your academics/future tomorrow. For you to be that great person you have always wished or desired to be starts right now as a fresher, for you to make your first class, second class upper/lower, third class, etc all starts as a fresher, for you to graduate or not graduate with your mates starts as a fresher.
A lot of good and bad things are waiting for you inside that campus.
Some will tell you that you need to belong to cult to make it, they will tell you that the former head of state, Governor, senator were all there because they were cultists..what about millions who died in the process?
Some will tell you that you need to become "GAY"..(a lesbian or a homo-sexualist) to avoid distraction, diseases and unwanted pregnant, what about the curses that are attatched to it?
Some will tell you that you need a company and someone to date or always be with to know whats up around the school or to get academic aid or to avoid being lonely...they are all lies. There are harmless friends, there are fellowships, there are reading groups,there are good clubs to be your company, academic aid and so on.
University is a dangerous place because your parents are not there to direct you or make decisions for you, your room-mates or your school friends cant do that for you..they have not even finished deciding rightly for themselves let alone deciding for you..all the decisions are on you to make. Nobody wil ask you to read, nobody will ask you to come to class on time, nobody will force you to do your assisgnment or quiz..if you are not a decisive type..kindly start learning it now or betterstil..do not come to university to destroy your future or life. University is a very sweet place and also a very ugly place, it can shape you into a great person, it can also reshape or destroy you. We have tried to provide you with info on how to enter university, we wont tell you how you will live your life there.
Be Careful_And_Wise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Mologi(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2014
thanks....oga sir
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by shakrullah(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2014
Bro thanks for d advice. this is a frontpage topic no doubt.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by dhrey: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2014
thanks,God will bless you for this.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Habdolleez02(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2014
Word!!!.... Thanks bro
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Fabdedon(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nice one i wount give up.. Runs to jamb centre to acquire Jamb form for UNIBEN again... This time.. Aim high and never settle for less...
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
No, it is the time to be yourself and push your limits to know your true potential.

Everything in your aforementioned epistle is hypocrisy, you don't have to be holy to be great.

Fynestboi, richiez, Obinoscopy, fp pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Yemmixay(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nice1...words for the wise
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by alexis007(m): 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
i'd join everything worth joining but not a fellowship.....once a fellowship guy approach me on campus...I'm always like 'RAVENOUS WOLF IN SHEEP CLOTHING' in my mind...
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by StealthyMe(m): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nice...
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Izugab(m): 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
Thanks and more power to ur elbow
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
i av 6credit,match, eng, econ, lit, gov, civic plz can i enroll in university wit it nd study mascom or linguinstic

1 Like

Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Mightyguy(m): 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Bravo bro!!.... half A word is enof for d wise*...
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by SeverusSnape(m): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
ismailaja:
i av 6credit,match, eng, econ, lit, gov, civic plz can i enroll in university wit it nd study mascom or linguinstic
Of course you can, you're good to go.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Thumb up
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Of course you can, you're good to go.
tnkz bro
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Vstuffs(m): 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
COOL
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by battery(m): 11:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pls this piece of advice shld be on front page and home page moderator, its so cool.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Sucre777(f): 12:54am On Nov 03, 2014
well said. thank u 4 d advice.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by littlegold(f): 5:27am On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks for the advise...God bless u.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by juicydiceyjoe(m): 6:26am On Nov 03, 2014
alexis007:
i'd join everything worth joining but not a fellowship.....once a fellowship guy approach me on campus...I'm always like 'RAVENOUS WOLF IN SHEEP CLOTHING' in my mind...
Not all are the same na.
Besides are you already in campus?
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by amakufrancis(m): 6:46am On Nov 03, 2014
whats happening naw? Mods front page asap.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Adesam09(m): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2014
OK..
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by micolaj: 10:10am On Nov 03, 2014
Gr8t
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by potency: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Mod..front page asap...dis is a cool piece of advice which everyone needs to see, read and know. Thanks UNN VOICE.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Words Of Advice For The Newly Admitted & Yet To Be Admitted University Students by Battery1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
So dis topic neva go front page...if na sex or romance...e for don go front page but look at dis kind of advice everybody suppose see.

(1) (Reply)

Students ran away As Villagers Attack Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana. / U2014 Unique Uniport Students Lets Meet Here!!! / Project Topics And Materials In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.