Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Dumb Scammers! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dumb Scammers! (783 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / 8 Dumb Habits That Are Keeping You In Debts / Somebody Help! I'm Fed Up With What Scammers Are Doing To Our Reputation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumb Scammers! by WSModel: 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
DUMB SCAMMERS!

I still wonder why a lot of people easily fall for scams online.

My reason for saying that is because most scammers are just very dumb.

Falling for their scams means you are obviously dumber.

Let me explain.

I have been active online for more than 8 years and I don't think I have ever fallen for any scam.

Why?

The secret is to be realistic and to use your brain.

Everyday, I get all sorts of scammy FB messages mostly from Nigerians.

The usual one is to use the picture of a pretty girl with a name like Rose Mary.

If you check the FB profile, you will find out that they only have that single picture there and maybe about 5 friends.

They will send you a message that says something like:

"Hi, I like you and will love to be your friend. Here is my email address"

Most of the time, their English is poor.

Do you know why?

The reason is because all these useless scammers use what is known as a FORMAT.

Basically, in scammers land, a FORMAT is a proven system that has been tested to work to bring in MAGAS (aka people dumber than the scammers)

Someone among the scammers (probably the " dumber intelligent" ones) will create the format and test it. If it works, the remaining ones will now copy and start using it BLINDLY...most of the times without any editing.

How does this help you to live a better life and make more money?

First. You should know better by now to respond to offers that sound too good to be true without any proof.

2 years ago, I met someone who believes that Aliexpress is a SCAM website mainly because he ordered for some 10" brand new DELL laptops from the site for $24 a piece and the laptops never arrived.

When I looked at the merchant he ordered from, it was one of these fraudsters.

But, think about it.

$24 for a brand new dell laptop?

Even in Chinko land, isn't that OUTRAGEOUS?

The "mumu" did not even order for one laptop to test. He ordered for 20 because he thought he just stumbled upon a heavenly miracle.

BLIND GREEDINESS!

Everyone should wisen up
Re: Dumb Scammers! by deife(m): 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
Tell them OP.
Re: Dumb Scammers! by seankay(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
The last time I got the message on facebook,it was from one gal from Senegal...my reply was straight forward I typed "lol.Try harder,I'm a Nigerian"
Re: Dumb Scammers! by jerrygome: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
True. But many are blinded by greed. The obvious becomes blurred.
Re: Dumb Scammers! by drkay(m): 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
Me I alwz reply them accordingly. "U can hustle a hustler."
Re: Dumb Scammers! by Democivil: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
i used to tell them am in luv with them too. later i will now place them in their rightful place...

(1) (Reply)

Paradigm Group Importation / Business Opportunities In Nigeria / NNPC Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.