Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Against All Odds; My Battle Against Cancer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Against All Odds; My Battle Against Cancer (470 Views)

Mrs Osibanjo, Kate Henshaw, Uche Jumbo, Others Walk Against Cancer [photos] / THANKGOD!! Nigeria Is Winning The Battle Against Ebola (READ HERE) / Love Evergreen Against All Odds..... Even Poverty.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Against All Odds; My Battle Against Cancer by workgist: 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
I am an active, friendly, hardworking and beautiful woman. I love my job and my family dearly; I was a perfect definition of a career woman, until cancer showed its ugly face and turned what used to be perfect into hell on earth.

Hmm!4 years ago, on a beautiful Saturday, I went shopping with my two kids, Jane and Richard. I love spoiling my two angels with gifts since my work does not allow me to spend much time with them. Jane begged me to buy her a new school bag. So we stopped at a store in Bodija, Ibadan. Before we could enter the store, some group of woman got my attention all wearing pink vest, and pink being Jane’s favorite color she started shouting “mum let us go and watch the pink ladies” not knowing that was the beginning of another life transforming chapter.

The pink ladies were doing breast cancer awareness, I was invited by one of them, a very old and pretty woman also in pink to come and do a free MAMMOGRAM test. She said it is just a machine that examines the breast. So I went for the test, who can reject a freebie. After the test, I went into a room. I saw two other women in pink. They started asking me some personal question. The moment one of them said “you have lump in your breast”, my ears and vision blocked, I could not hear or see them for few minute. I was referred to the General Hospital.

I was shocked, angry, speechless and confessed. It is defiantly a mistake I said to myself. That was the end of our shopping. My kids noticed my mood so they left me to my thought. The journey and battle with cancer started. I got confirmation from the doctors.http://www.workgist.com/against-all-odds-my-battle-against-cancer/
Re: Against All Odds; My Battle Against Cancer by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
wish you more strength to overcome

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Has Overtaken Messi-wayne Rooney / Why Will Nairaland Ban Me From Placing Links To My Site? / Adieu! 2face Idibia’s Dad Buried Today – Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.