Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,235 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Help On Isa Server, Dhcp Dns And Dc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help On Isa Server, Dhcp Dns And Dc (2064 Views)

What A DNS Server Is And How It Works / How To Unlock Zte Mf190 Etisalat Modems With Dc Unlocker (pics) / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help On Isa Server, Dhcp Dns And Dc by bisifunke: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2008
I have a domain controller on my server and i configure the same server to b dhcp and dns and I also enable routing (NAT) so that client that connect to it will be accessing the internet. After i deploy all this, it works fine. the server can browse and the clients connecting to it.
So at the long run i discover that i am not gaining the desire security i intend to achieve on the network. in this way i opted for ISA SERVER. I also install ISA server on the dhcp, dns and domain. after installation of the ISA server , everything blocked. I cant browse from the client and the server itselfs.
win 2003 server and isa server 2004. Clients is win xp. Pls i need help bc my network is down.
Re: Help On Isa Server, Dhcp Dns And Dc by paribus(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2008
The default behaviour of ISA server is to block all connections from anywhere to everywhere unless explicitly permitted - this even includes connection the localhost (the ISA server). Installing ISA server on your DNS/DHCP/DC is an uninformed decision and not usually a recommended practice.

Ideally you want to have a server on the edge of your network dedicated to running ISA Server. Your best bet at the moment is to uninstall to get back your network connections. You could modify some of the system policies or create access policies to allow inbound and outbound connection but that would not be addressing a bad implementation design which is the issue here.

I'm @work at the moment so can't offer much guidance right away but let's know what you need and hopefully I'll respond by COB. Regards
Re: Help On Isa Server, Dhcp Dns And Dc by bisifunke: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
Thnks
I like your contributiion. I hvnt use isa server b4. and if u can give me some steps and procedure to go abt achieving my aim.
- i want all the domain client to browse thru isa server
- i want to block access to any system that is not in my domian to hv access to the internet
- block some websites
- creat a cache and proxy server.
i can cope if u can give me a steps and guides
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Clean London Used Laptops At A Cheaper Rates / Need Help On Microsoft Office 2010 Product Key /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.