Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,531 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests (537 Views)

Women's Brains Are Sharper Than Men's In Old Age - New Study Reveals / If You're Brains Are Not Getting Enough / Programmed Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests by SNancy: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2014

It’s been the subject of many wine-fuelled conversations with our friends – if we could only have one, would we pick sex or food?

Well, according to new research, male brains are automatically programmed to choose sex.

Researchers observing a species of microscopic roundworms called C.elegans, found that male worms that had to both find food and look for a partner would almost always chose the latter.

You guys.

And guess what the researchers found when they looked at another species who had been genetically engineered to be ‘more sensitive to food’? They were 10 times worse at finding a mate because they wanted to stay close to the food. Oh.

Assistant Professor Douglas Portman from the University of Rochester said: ‘“These findings show that by tuning the properties of a single cell, we can change behaviour.’

So does this suggest that those of us who are, err, a bit obsessed with eating are going to struggle to find a partner? Awkward.

There was, rather sadly, no data for females because the species that were included in the research didn’t actually have any female sex.

Also Read This 18 Thoughts All Women Secretly Have About Sex
Re: Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Lol whch energy will the man use to bang his woman? Solar energy?.....
Re: Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests by eunisam: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
Doctors and lawyers who liar pass.
Re: Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests by bercarray(m): 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
well i think that's true, cos on ma mind i'll be lyk oppor2nity comes bt once,make i quickly nack gloria ds tym wey i get d oppor2nity,i can still eat dat same food anoda tym,bt gloria if she myt not come again o
Re: Male Brains Are Programmed Tochoose Sex Over Food, Researchsuggests by moneybag100: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2014
I bet you, you not really hungry. A hungry man is angry at everything.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Virologist Delivers Scathing Analysis Of Africa's Response To Ebola / Using Lipsticks Can Cause Arthritis / Nigerian Nurses Tho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.