Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Women Who Date Married Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Who Date Married Men (4024 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Why Do Married Men Date Married Women / Why Do Girls Date Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
I know several Nigerian women who date married men. They all have the same story. They'll say he's "getting a divorce," but after awhile it becomes really clear that's just wishful thinking. These women I know are all Yoruba. A friend of mine who's Ibo says it's acceptable in Yoruba culture for single women to see married men with hopes of becoming another wife. The other thing I notice is these women only see married men with $$$$. And they seem all to eager to move down the street or across the country with hopes of stealing him from his wife. Is this acceptable in Yoruba culture? Or are these women just "bad apples"? We talk on here about women who accept cheating husbands? But is the woman who is sleeping with the husband condoned for her behavior?
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by bigfather(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2008
Can you please back up your findings ? Cause i dont know where you got your info from ! undecided
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by MrCrackles(m): 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2008
April22:

I know several Nigerian women who date married men. They all have the same story. They'll say he's "getting a divorce," but after awhile it becomes really clear that's just wishful thinking. These women I know are all Yoruba. A friend of mine who's Ibo says it's acceptable in Yoruba culture for single women to see married men with hopes of becoming another wife. The other thing I notice is these women only see married men with $$$$. And they seem all to eager to move down the street or across the country with hopes of stealing him from his wife. Is this acceptable in Yoruba culture? Or are these women just "bad apples"? We talk on here about women who accept cheating husbands? But is the woman who is sleeping with the husband condoned for her behavior?

Your post is just some baseless, concrete evidence lacking and farcical jargons!

Your friend who told you "it is acceptable in yoruba culture" is a buffoon, he/she lacks common sense and possibly a brain!

The highlighted is not true and i am sure there is no way all the women you know are only yoruba unless u turn a blind eye to other tribes

Make una no start any tribal war or stereotypical nonsense here!PEACE
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by MrCrackles(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2008
big father:

Can you please back up your findings ? Cause i don't know where you got your info from ! undecided

I am sure she just cooked everything up with the aim of stirring "a tribalistic bee nest"
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by HRhotness(f): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2008
Another pointless noisemaker
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by Dbaby4: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
Women who date married men, what of boys who date married women

Well what are ur facts about youruba ladies dating married men? Personally i doubt that, its not perculair to a particular tribe. I have a lot of youruba girlfriends and they are all reasonable girls. sooooooooooooo how come  
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by MrCrackles(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
HR.hotness:

Another pointless noisemaker

Dont mind her!
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by JustGood(m): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2008
This mumu has married an Igbo man and she says all her friends are Yoruba women who date married men.
These nosensical Black Americans do my head in angry
They are so full of rubbish and they dont know. They exhibit excessive pride in their ignorance. Just like their leader Gearge 'Mumu' Bush, many of them are wallowing in the pits of their ignorance.
We wont be having a battle with our Yoruba ladies if that's your intention for this thread. Go and find your fellow black americans to kill themselves with guns in schools instead of stirring up internet tribal issues
angry angry angry
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by chisomquee: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
it is applicable to other tribes igbo,hausa,yoruba name it,any woman that dates a married man,should know that she has sown a seed of infidelity in her marriage,she cannot escape other ladies dating her husband in marriage,so i won't say don't date a married man,date them and you will reap whatever you sow.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by kokoye(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2008
@ post.

Must you tribalize this issue? We all know this is a worldwide thing - not only in Naija. So why u singling out a single tribe??

I can understand if a lady's dating a married man - there a like 12 women to 1 man right now so yea, ok.

But pls dont further widen a division that already exists.

I am sure you would date a rich married man if you were 35 and still single. how are we sure you are not actually doing that right now?

Must we create hatred just because we wanna post a thread?
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by plappville(f): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
@ poster, it's not only yoruba, nor other tribe that does it, it's all over the world.
@ members, plz take it easy with him.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by ayomifull(f): 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
kokoye:

I can understand if a lady's dating a married man - there a like 12 women to 1 man right now so yea, ok.

rooooontflmaooooooooooo

Haba! where did you get that from?
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by JustGood(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2008
ayomifull:

rooooontflmaooooooooooo

Thanks jare.
She should come and see what British women try with me in spite of my conpicuous wedding ring and I always tell everyone that I'm married - they still wont stop trying to get in my pants- and I am not even a Bill Gates or Trump
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by kokoye(m): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2008
ayomifull:

rooooontflmaooooooooooo

well, from what I see all over the place. could even be like 75:1.

I have sisters, cousins, aunties, female NLanders, friends, ex-es and divorcees who are still single and searching. same goes for guys too but not that much
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by ayomifull(f): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2008
kokoye:

well, from what I see all over the place. could even be like 75:1.

Really?

kokoye:

same goes for guys too but not that much

I was wondering because i have eligible male cousins with all them red p, good job and handsome faces still searching at over 30
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2008
[
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by kokoye(m): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
ayomifull:

I was wondering because i have eligible male cousins with all them red p, good job and handsome faces still searching at over 30

I know a few like that too. But you would agree with me that most of these guys have options - some of them are just plain greedy, some want to eat their cake and still have it, some wont realize thier ideal type of ladies have been taken off the market (before the ladies turned 25yrs ). . . . and some are just scared.

So most of these guys have girls chasing them but they cant just make up their minds.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by JustGood(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2008
ayomifull:

Really?

what exactly does red p mean?
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by JustGood(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2008
chaircover:

British Passport

Since when did that become a factor in determining a suitable man for marriage?

Nigeria don really enter reverse gear o shocked
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by kokoye(m): 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
JustGood:

Since when did that become a factor in determining a suitable man for marriage?

Nigeria don really enter reverse gear o shocked

Na so me sef me am o.  And some people are saying Nigeria is getting better.

And the people who can afford it are making sure their kids are NOT born in Nigeria.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
na
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by Flakybaby(f): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
Why must it be yoruba ladies all the time, dating a marriedman has got 2 do wiv the individual and not the tribe, any lady dat dates a married man shld know dat wat goes around comes around,
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by sistawoman: 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
Flakybaby:

Why must it be yoruba ladies all the time, dating a marriedman has got 2 do with the individual and not the tribe, any lady that dates a married man shld know that what goes around comes around,

Tell that to the Nigerian woman dating my neighbors husband.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
This mumu has married an Igbo man and she says all her friends are Yoruba women who date married men.
These nosensical Black Americans do my head in

#1 I'm not a mumu. #2 My husband is Yoruba. Most Nigerians I know are Yoruba, but I also have Ibo friends. #3 It was a Nigerian woman who told me this--not a Black American like myself. And like I said, I know Yoruba women who fit that stereotype. But I guess a better question is overall in Nigerian culture, is the "other woman" accepted? There's been tons of threads on women and men alike who think it's ok for the husband to cheat.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2008
Why must it be yoruba ladies all the time, dating a marriedman has got 2 do with the individual and not the tribe, any lady that dates a married man shld know that what goes around comes around,

I think what's different at least from my point of view is to see women (in this case Yoruba) who their family and friends know are seeing a married man. But everyone goes for the "he just needs to get his paperwork together" line. I also know a married Yoruba man seeing a woman and bringing her around his family and they're nice to her with open arms. Yes, every culture has this problem of "the other woman," but I am more used to seeing family/friends either tell that person it's wrong or isolate themselves from them. That's the point I don't understand. I'm beginning to wonder if this is just how things are done in Nigeria. Maybe it's a difference in culture. Black Americans and West Indians may have more of a tendency to confront family/friends. And the other thing is these women I know dating married men also have done stuff like moved half way across the country to be near him or to his side of town. And what I hear from them is promises of financial security--a car or a house. Of course I have yet to see this happen, but doesn't seem to stop them from trying. As a side note, I have a friend married to an African man (not Nigerian) and she's noticed the same thing about family/friends accepting the other woman and sometimes even the wife grudgingly (she knows) having her at events.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by Flakybaby(f): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2008
sistawoman:

Tell that to the Nigerian woman dating my neighbors husband.
[/quote

I dont need to tell her nemeisi will catch up wiv her, shikena!!!!!
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2008
Here's a link to a thread on this forum. A poster who is "the other woman" says the same story I mentioned above. It's on this topic of the other woman.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160484.0.html
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2008
Women who date married men, what of boys who date married women

Well what are ur facts about youruba ladies dating married men? Personally i doubt that, its not perculair to a particular tribe. I have a lot of youruba girlfriends and they are all reasonable girls. sooooooooooooo how come Huh Huh Huh

This is personal observation. But I must say quite a few people like yourself made good points. I know when I've spoken to a friend of mine married to an African man from another country, she's had similar observations. I think it's really more so about how the friends and family of "the other woman," along with the married man's relatives seem to condone her behavior. (For the purpose of this thread, I'm focusing on the mistress.) I know if my brother brought a woman other than his wife to my house with him, I would see them to the door. And it wouldn't matter if he's supposedly filing paperwork or miserable with his wife or any ot the other stories married men use to try to justify what they're doing. I keep seeing this same pattern of Nigerian men saying the marriage is over, but they don't leave their wife. I think in most cultures (except white people), it's pretty rare for the man to leave his wife for the other woman, but for some reason the Nigerians I know will take this story at face value. "Well, they might get married." "He's not with his wife. He just needs to file paperwork." That's what I've been hearing. It's one thing for the mistress to believe that crap, but for her family and the married man's family to play along, that's something else.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by bettes(f): 12:22am On Nov 21, 2008
@Poster:i read the thread and there's nothing there that says dating married men is peculiar to yoruba women or that other woman is accepted by the married man's family,infact most of the post in that thread critised the poster.
I find it really irritating that you'll come here and start attributing cheating to yoruba women or nigerians to cheating based of the very few nigerians you know, especially from someone who isnt nigerian.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2008

@Poster:i read the thread and there's nothing there that says dating married men is peculiar to yoruba women or that other woman is accepted by the married man's family,infact most of the post in that thread critised the poster.
I find it really irritating that you'll come here and start attributing cheating to yoruba women or nigerians to cheating based of the very few nigerians you know, especially from someone who isnt nigerian.

Although I'm not Nigerian, since my husband is Nigerian, I am interested in learning more about Nigerians. As I've said before I think the difference in culture I see is how the people involved react to the affair. Either I'm acquainted with some bad apples, or maybe there's an "I will support my relatives no matter what they do" mindset. I will never be able to view things from a Nigerian perspective and that's ok. But still it can be a culture shock at times. That's all I'm saying. I'm just trying to understand Nigerians more.
Re: Women Who Date Married Men by April22(f): 12:49am On Nov 21, 2008

something else I forgot to mention here is the extent the mistress will put her life on hold (ex: quit her job and move half across country) to be available for the married man. And it comes across mostly as her dreaming of financial stability. That's something else I've noticed, but I'd like to point out I'm talking about a few Nigerian women I know--not a large number. As I said before, maybe they're just the bad apples.

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Rare Historical Photos That Everyone Should See / French Speaking And Understanding / Is This Right? He Bathes With His 2yrs Old Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.