Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? (2709 Views)

I Need Good Used Japanese Car. / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2014
I strongly love anything made in GERMANY. I currently drive Volkswagen golf 3, that's my first car anyway. I have driven my brother's and sister Honda and Toyota cars respectively in the past. Japanese cars looks like plastics to me. I have plan to switch to BMW (2001 320i)or BENZ (2003 c-class) soonest.

Benz vs Bmw, please wch is better?

My second concern is COST, shouldn't I overdo and just go for 2001 Toyota camry which I think is more economical to fuel and maintain. I spend an average of 30k/month On my golf. 20k fuel, 10k thereof on maintenance. But, I won't be as happy driving On Toyota.

House, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Pinoralia: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2014
Trust me, German is better all the way. but note. good things are not cheap and cheap things are not good.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2014
Both Japan and Germany makes excellent vehicles and you choice is based on the specific models that you can afford.

I assure you that theres nothing plasticky about an LS450 or Acura NSX. And there's lots of plasticky on a base model Golf.

You will regret buying a BMW or Benz since you are on a skint so just buy your pencil, or is it eraser, and blend into the traffic.

In my opinion serious BMW/Benz buyers do it because they love the brand not because there are no alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by AutosBay(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2014
Having a car is all about its economical value would suggest you go for the Toyota Camry since it consumes less fuel. For the question on Benz against BMW, would also suggest you consider the BMW, because Benz costs more to maintain you know it's a car for luxury and status.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Err op, you should follow your heart. Be a man and decide what you want.

NB: if you're gonna eventually buy a pencil light abi na eraser darkness, do buy the following:

1. Double barrel gun with magazines,
2. Whistle/alarm or anything which produces a very high pitch sound.
3. Extra battery
4. Extra ECU/brainbox
5. Extra shocks (front and rear)
6. Steering lock (both local and foreign type)
7. Pedal locks (both local and foreign type)
8. Immobilizer
9. Tracking device
10. Comprehensive insurance
11. Car cage with reinforced steel, anti burglar gates and 3 tamper proof padlocks
Finally,

Alway purchase only 5litre fuel max (you'll need this when all luck runs out).

GOODLUCK!

3 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Ikenna351(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
ladycool430:
I strongly love anything made in GERMANY. I currently drive Volkswagen golf 3, that's my first car anyway. I have driven my brother's and sister Honda and Toyota cars respectively in the past. Japanese cars looks like plastics to me. I have plan to switch to BMW (2001 320i)or BENZ (2003 c-class) soonest.

My second concern is COST, shouldn't I overdo and just go for 2001 Toyota camry which I think is more economical to fuel and maintain. I spend an average of 30k/month On my golf. 20k fuel, 10k thereof on maintenance. But, I won't be as happy driving On Toyota.

My sister drives E46 320 Ci. At some point, she left the car with me for close to a month. During those days the car was with me, I was impressed of the fuel economy. I mean, an I-6 with impressive economy and auto tranny for that matter. Her own has sports steering wheel and lots of gadjets. I wonder if it were to be 323 Ci.

Each time I am discussing with her and ask about the car, she would excitedly tell me "All is well with her". Believe me, its good to own a car you desire and really wanted. I remebered when I suggested Japs to her when she wanted me to help her pick a good car for her, she seriously frowned at me. Now, she is happy.

My point is, don't buy what you don't like for peoples approval. Don't go for something because the world think its reasonable. Conformity is a big trap and thank God I realised that earlier before now and have become better since then.

I created WhatsApp Lions community some weeks back. Now the community has grown to 80+ members. 2 houses, about to get to a 3rd house. Its has become a strong family. More than half members there switched from other brands. Some still own other brands, but have started testifying truly what they have missed dearly until they join Lion family; until they became Lions and Lionesses. They took that bold step against what people said, tried the brand and love it.

Life is too short to live a boring one. I can't imagine going through all the stress of the day at work and other life endeavours, only for me to get behind the wheel and become bored on top of that. Take that risk and go for what you like. It wont kill you if it turns soar. Rather, you grow from it. Problems are opportunity for us to grow. Comfort zone sucks! You will find out you will remain where you are every year because you don't want to risk getting out there.

The only thing that makes life meaningful is happiness. Without one, it makes no sense. Always go for something good that will make you happy. Every car or brand makes some people happy. Which car or brand you can afford makes you happy?

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
CityNG:
Both Japan and Germany makes excellent vehicles and you choice is based on the specific models that you can afford.

I assure you that theres nothing plasticky about an LS450 or Acura NSX. And there's lots of plasticky on a base model Golf.

You will regret buying a BMW or Benz since you are on a skin, so just buy your pencil, or is it eraser, and blend into the traffic.

In my opinion serious BMW/Benz buyers do it because they love the brand not because there are no alternatives.

What do mean by I'm on skin?
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
lomomike:

NB: if you're gonna eventually buy a pencil light abi na eraser darkness, do buy the following:

3. Extra battery
4. Extra ECU/brainbox
8. Immobilizer
9. Tracking device
11. Car cage with reinforced steel, anti burglar gates and 3 tamper proof padlocks
Finally,

GOODLUCK!

Bros, you mean Camry attracts thieves to that extent. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
Lomomike you no go kill person.
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
lomomike:

3. Extra battery
4. Extra ECU/brainbox
8. Immobilizer
9. Tracking device
Finally,

GOODLUCK!

Ehen, after downing two full plates of
black amala, ewedu, gbegiri, eja, towel ati roundabout, pomo and ogunfe I can now explain what I wrote.

OP, if you buy Pencil light (which I strongly feel you will eventually buy that's if you've not already bought it yet) you need:

* Double barrel with complete cartridges and magazines incase dem wan try ruf play wen you dey inside the motor or when you dey around make you kuku kaput dos ole people life sef angry .

* Extra battery because in Abuja I hear say dem say who say him say dem say dem dey thief battery from motor especially corolla and pencil light wella because their bonnet lock/release mechanism dey easy to defeat.

* High pitch noise maker wey sabi wake the whole state up incase dem wan gbab your motor.

* Extra ECU/Brainbox because na the only beautiful thing inside corolla and pencil light wey ole people sabi tif easily under 1 minute.

* Extra shocks (front and rear) that motor no too heavy yet e sabi condemn shocks like wetin dem swear for.

* pedal locks and steering locks (foreign and local) make sure you use all of dem o!

* Immobilizer, Forget wetin dos mugu people wey make this motor yarn, dem dey yarn 'opata' even 'shukudriver' fit open this motor and start the engine. E go better if you get your own master immo assy system.

* Tracker incase na hungry man thief ole motor 'kolobi' the motor, you go just press ya fone or ya girlfriend or boyfriend or pikin or wife or husband or parents fone make e lock for ontop 3rd mainland bridge or around that sharp bend for Ondo state wen you dey go Edo state. If e lock make devil play romance with trailer driver wey no get brake to. kuku slam both d motor and the thief ole motor join together quench. tongue

* comprehensive insurance na grammar be those ones. Before dem even give compensation, your black hair go don turn grey and you fit grow bald head. lipsrsealed

* car cage pls Refer to picture below.

* 5 litre fuel max. In case all the tins I yarn no work and dem collect the motor, for midnight, whoosai you don play dem kukuma no fuel inside motor, filling station don close. Dem mumu go still fall mugu unless dem really plan you or dem dey follow you spiritually from village be dat lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Lomomike won kill me
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Exponental(m): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
i learnt benz models after vboot are fuel economical. buy a car u appreciate n nt by sentiment.
benz, bmw n vw on my mind.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by yungboss(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
lomomike:

Ehen, after downing two full plates of
black amala, ewedu, gbegiri, eja, towel ati roundabout, pomo and ogunfe I can now explain what I wrote.

OP, if you buy Pencil light (which I strongly feel you will eventually buy that's if you've not already bought it yet) you need:

* Double barrel with complete cartridges and magazines incase dem wan try ruf play wen you dey inside the motor or when you dey around make you kuku kaput dos ole people life sef >sad .

* Extra battery because in Abuja I hear say dem say who say him say dem say dem dey thief battery from motor especially corolla and pencil light wella because their bonnet lock/release mechanism dey easy to defeat.

* High pitch noise maker wey sabi wake the whole state up incase dem wan gbab your motor.

* Extra ECU/Brainbox because na the only beautiful thing inside corolla and pencil light wey ole people sabi tif easily under 1 minute.

* Extra shocks (front and rear) that motor no too heavy yet e sabi condemn shocks like wetin dem swear for.

* pedal locks and steering locks (foreign and local) make sure you use all of dem o!

* Immobilizer, Forget wetin dos mugu people wey make this motor yarn, dem dey yarn 'opata' even 'shukudriver' fit open this motor and start the engine. E go better if you get your own master immo assy system.

* Tracker incase na hungry man thief ole motor 'kolobi' the motor, you go just press ya fone or ya girlfriend or boyfriend or pikin or wife or husband or parents fone make e lock for ontop 3rd mainland bridge or around that sharp bend for Ondo state wen you dey go Edo state. If e lock make devil play romance with trailer driver wey no get brake to. kuku slam both d motor and the thief ole motor join together quench. tongue

* comprehensive insurance na grammar be those ones. Before dem even give compensation, your black hair go don turn grey and you fit grow bald head. lipsrsealed

* car cage pls Refer to picture below.

* 5 litre fuel max. In case all the tins I yarn no work and dem collect the motor, for midnight, whoosai you don play dem kukuma no fuel inside motor, filling station don close. Dem mumu go still fall mugu unless dem really plan you or dem dey follow you spiritually from village be dat lipsrsealed

this man, are you a comedian grin
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
ladycool430:

U typed "skin" earlier not "skint"

Typo?
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by nurey(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
My brother inlaw just bought a toyota corolla 2006 and I didn't want him to buy but I couldn't stop him please my challenge now is that I may be the custodian of the vehicle pending the time he learns how to drive and come pick it and I have heard that thiefs don't like seeing that car they must sha tamper with it by removing the ECU/Brainbox in my estate what's the best solution to avoid this.

Note @ Mr lomomike I didn't store dollars, Euro or pound sterling in the car so help me minimize this your precautions. grin
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2014
yungboss:

this man, are you a comedian grin

Bro, we're too formal in cartalk, I figure its better to make good advice but let's introduce some form of humour and make this section a warm easy section. Life is not too be taken too hard, a lil fun, good laughter and smile will make us healthier and lovlier (sic).

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2014
cne010:
Lomomike won kill me

Chief awfa na! Hope you no forget to laugh and you no laugh and forget to march brake when you suppose to march brake o, Lol!

2-3 months ago, I was in Basorun opposite B.C.O.S., I saw panel beaters, mechanics et al, trying to force open the driver's side door of a BMW E46 ci 3days I passed there the car stood at same spot and these mechs were busy sweating at the door. The fourth day they had to tear open the sheet metal to undo the lock. These are how European brands door security are highly secured and I was impressed at the security level. Camry is a different case. Panel beaters dem dey open camry with screwdriver or metallic hanger hook, I'm talking from experience. 3-4 yrs ago when my aunt got herself a camry 02, we were elated I felt lemme wash the car. Engine on, key in ignition, all glass was up cos I needed to see and feel for vibration. Driver's door went jam closed due to it parked on an incline, next thing I heard was 'chakram' all doors automatically locked. Called my aunt for spare key, she didn't have any. I called in a panel beater and he took out a chrome strip from the door edge which meets and guides the glass, inserted a straightened metallic hanger with a hooked end. Viola! Door opened. Less than 2 minutes.

shocked

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 05, 2014
lomomike:

Chief awfa na! Hope you no forget to laugh and you no laugh and forget to march brake when you suppose to march brake o, Lol!

2-3 months ago, I was in Basorun opposite B.C.O.S., I saw panel beaters, mechanics et al, trying to force open the driver's side door of a BMW E46 ci 3days I passed there the car stood at same spot and these mechs were busy sweating at the door. The fourth day they had to tear open the sheet metal to undo the lock. These are how European brands door security are highly secured and I was impressed at the security level. Camry is a different case. Panel beaters dem dey open camry with screwdriver or metallic hanger hook, I'm talking from experience. 3-4 yrs ago when my aunt got herself a camry 02, we were elated I felt lemme wash the car. Engine on, key in ignition, all glass was up cos I needed to see and feel for vibration. Driver's door went jam closed due to it parked on an incline, next thing I heard was 'chakram' all doors automatically locked. Called my aunt for spare key, she didn't have any. I called in a panel beater and he took out a chrome strip from the door edge which meets and guides the glass, inserted a straightened metallic hanger with a hooked end. Viola! Door opened. Less than 2 minutes.

shocked

Why didn't they break the drivers side window than go through all the stress. And I grew up around B C O S in basorun I remember they call that busstop standard lol. Also one of the reasons why I sold my camry cos when I'm out with the boys either I park inside or I park where I can see my car sometimes I pay the security to sit on my boot lol. With my Benz I fit park am come back the next day.
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
Thanks so much for your advices, i think I will join the bmw club. With E46 320i (2001 model) I think I m good to go. The interior of that car is so lovely. To me, it beats even 2005 Camry. I pray the one i will choose doesn't give me issues.

@Locomike, please Benz model do you drive and what"s ur experince witth it

@ locomike and cne010, I grow up in Ibadan too. I passed in front of because ( Ile Akede) to schoool everyday in sec schl days

What do guys you think about this ride?

Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
ladycool430:
Thanks so much for your advices, i think I will join the bmw club. With E46 320i (2001 model) I think I m good to go. The interior of that car is so lovely. To me, it beats even 2005 Camry. I pray the one i will choose doesn't give me issues.

@Locomike, please Benz model do you drive and what"s ur experince witth it

@ locomike and cne010, I grow up in Ibadan too. I passed in front of because ( Ile Akede) to schoool everyday in sec schl days

What do guys you think about this ride?

Lomomike is the name not locomike. I don't use a benz for now. I use a toyota and a lexus. Beautiful car you've got plus I love the colour same colour as my lexus.
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
The car looks good I hope you ran the VIN? If you're around Ikeja you can use the same mechanic a member of this forum uses and they took care of his bmw.
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
lomomike:

Lomomike is the name not locomike. I don't use a benz for now. I use a toyota and a lexus. Beautiful car you've got plus I love the colour same colour as my lexus.

Lomomike, noted
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
cne010:
The car looks good I hope you ran the VIN? If you're around Ikeja you can use the same mechanic a member of this forum uses and they took care of his bmw.

i m yet to pay for the car. i have run a VIN check, not comprehensive anyway. does the mechanic specialize on BMW cars alone?
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
ladycool430:

i m yet to pay for the car. i have run a VIN check, not comprehensive anyway. does the mechanic specialize on BMW cars alone?

I don't know here is their contact info:
Classics and Dreams
Off Kudirat Abiola, Oregun
0*8*0*3 7*1*9 7*0*2*8
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Ebi4life: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
ladycool430:

I bought a nigerian used benz 190E. The car consumes excesive fuel. I dnt recomend benz to any buyer.
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ebi4life:
I bought a nigerian used benz 190E. The car consumes excesive fuel. I dnt recomend benz to any buyer.

Dude, like seriously?
And you still have guts to dissuade people from buying one of the best and finest automobiles from the world's oldest automobile manufacturers?

Its a pity folks would ignorantly listen to you. Do you know the reason why the other Nigerian sold that car to you?

Are you the "i put only 2 litre and expect it to run from Enugu to Sokoto" kinda person?

Are you the "abeg 190 2.3L too dey chop fuel compared to corolla 1.6L" guy?

Are you the d as "far as the motor dey start so no wahala" kinda guy?
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Ebi4life: 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
lomomike:

Dude, like seriously?
And you still have guts to dissuade people from buying one of the best and finest automobiles from the world's oldest automobile manufacturers?

Its a pity folks would ignorantly listen to you. Do you know the reason why the other Nigerian sold that car to you?

Are you the "i put only 2 litre and expect it to run from Enugu to Sokoto" kinda person?

Are you the "abeg 190 2.3L too dey chop fuel compared to corolla 1.6L" guy?

Are you the d as "far as the motor dey start so no wahala" kinda guy?
none of the above sir.the car consumes 10 litres of fuel for 20km distance..
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by ladycool430: 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ebi4life:

Benz 190 is quite an old car. regardless of that, it's not supposed to be that thirsty. 2km/litre??
Re: Need Your Advice, German Or Japanese Car? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
ladycool430:

Benz 190 is quite an old car. regardless of that, it's not supposed to be that thirsty. 2km/litre??

Are you really listening to that guy? Do you know if he his check engine light? Do you know if the thermostat is present, and a host of other things that could go wrong?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Buy A 2007/2008 Acura tl Type S / Murano/mdx Touring / Can A Toyota Camry, Pencil Light Use A 100amp Battery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.