Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,645 members, 7,854,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN (29067 Views)

Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers / Open Letter To Aliko Dangote By Ajimot Ashogbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Goddex: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
[size=15pt]Wow . . . . Fresh Air Everywhere You Go[/size]

Waiting for Lafarge, Ashakacem, Unicem and others
No Vacancy in Aso Rock

GEJ until APC shit in their panties

3 Likes

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Youngzedd(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
Campaign

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by simplyOJ(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
This is simply great. Competition pays

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by mcdokwe(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
You knew all this while that there was absolutely no reason a bag of cement should cost that much, yet you held Nigerians by the jugulars eekwa?

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by pastoraaaaaa: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Tushborn: 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
thats a good initiative! notherners helping nigerians since 1960! if u quote me thunder fire U!!!

3 Likes

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Demdem(m): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bobbystanley:
I love the competition.

I remember when the reduced fuel price to 65 naira a litre in 2011 and removed fuel subsidy in 2012 after they must have won the election.
They are using Cement this time.After February 2015 come and quote me,Cement would be sold for #4,000 naira per bag.

Politicks!

I see no competition, instead what I see is a cartel.
Cement shouldn't be more than N500.

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by deucelaw: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Good development.....but am a little confused here..does it mean they can just decide to bring it down or take it up at will?, no market forces?, no price regulation?......,and by the way, what took them sooooo long?........

#Raking in turgid profits since 1900

3 Likes

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by talktimi(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
francleanflexy:

lol
u n ur tasteless jokes
I'm serious here

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by ahmed486: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
[Pictures]Meet Nigeria’s Richest Comedians - They Rake in Hundreds of Millions Per Annum
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/994-pictures-meet-nigeria-s-richest-comedians-they-rake-in-hundreds-of-millions-per-annum
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by lillyjane(f): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
More to follow please

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by occam(m): 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
Demdem:

I see no competition, instead what I see is a cartel.
Cement shouldn't be more than N500.

You are right.These guys have been gouging Nigerians all this time and making excessive profits. Price of cement in Nigeria is still one of the highest in the world

Question is why are they just slashing prices?

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Owodiong(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Tym to play politics wth fellow nigerians anyway GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by eagleeye2: 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
For those saying retailers won't comply, I smh. If Nigerians boycott retailers and go to deport with a pool of money from different individuals, the retailers will be forced to sell.
With a million naira you can be able to buy a thousand bags directly from Dangote or BUA.

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by theSpark(m): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
gistmelove:
grin grin

Oga I hope you plan to crash your prices too. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by felifeli: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
Can we claim our money back on recent purchases lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Ebenezerk2: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Now, did President tell BUA Cement to reduce the price bcs of election as some people insinuated when Dangote reduced the price?

2 Likes

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by hybeenoni: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
So surprised hw sm Nigerians easily fall 4 quick political gimmick. Hv u guys bothered asking urselves y this sudden reduction of cement prices few months to elections? Sudden agreement to ceasefire by bokoharams?
R prices nt supposed to be determined by forces of demand and supply? Is it a mere coincidence dt Dangote and BUA suddenly realised the need to reduce cement prices to d same amount?
I'm rilli surprised @ hw sm Nigerians r so easy to be deceived!

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Sunday17: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nice move by Dangote... they are all supporting godluck. last week innosun show his own concern. All network provider are also putting smile on everybody's face..more to come!!!
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Biralee(m): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
“I hereby urge all cement producers to emulate Dangote and bring down the cost of cement. There is absolutely no reason for a bag of cement to cost so much.

“Despite the infrastructure challenges being faced by the manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy, it does not justify the high cost of cement.

“On our part, I have already directed all our plants to follow suit and implement the new price regime. We still believe that more can be done to bring down the price even further for the benefit of Nigerians,” Rabiu stated."

Una see am so dem just dey chop our money since. According to
the guy, price of cement fit still come down pass like this.

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by ajalaolanr(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
Only fools will not see this as a PDP gimmick to warm the hearts of nigerians towards next years polls, Nigerians are the most gullible set of humans in the whole world, I swear down! which businessman will willingly reduce the cost of his products or services? I'm an economist and a financial expert at that,only forces of demand and supply determine prices in a genuine capitalist society, alas that is the opposite in Nigeria's case.

Asides that Cement in Nigeria is the most expensive in the world, the N1000 is the true value of that cement as you have gotten now!

This is a Trojan gift and as usual Nigerians will accept. PDP has been given us Trojan horses since 1999 and they do this when its towards election time as we are witnessing today!

Yet some people will praise GEJ , I pray he wins then Nigeria will plunder into more hunger , chaos and deprivation as never witnessed before.

Thank God I do not live there anymore!

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Nichobabe(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Biralee:
“I hereby urge all cement producers to emulate Dangote and bring down the cost of cement. There is absolutely no reason for a bag of cement to cost so much.

“Despite the infrastructure challenges being faced by the manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy, it does not justify the high cost of cement.

“On our part, I have already directed all our plants to follow suit and implement the new price regime. We still believe that more can be done to bring down the price even further for the benefit of Nigerians,” Rabiu stated."

Una see am so dem just dey chop our money since. According to
the guy, price of cement fit still come down pass like this.

Yes O, na just to wait for Dangote to reduce the price further and the others go follow. We are at their mercy, the laws of economics no dey work for Nigeria since 1960.

Only in Nigeria, the law of supply and demand does not make sense. So don't be surprise, if Dangote decide to increase again by April 2015. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Exodus2k(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
It is a welcome development. but how long will it last? sad
Next year is General election, the cash flow will not be much now and when the money will be available cement price will go up

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by bigtt76(f): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
Great ...oya e remain land owners, landlords etc to reduce the cost of land acquisition or rent grin so we all can achieve the dividends of the reduction grin

1 Like

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
This billionaire guys have killed elephant cement grin
Elephant wey dey struggle for market share before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by Consultville(m): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
That's the best move
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by carrybreeze: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
kilokeys:
dangote oya.... make it 500 naira

i wish the others copy copy too..

sotey we go dey use cement make solid shoe soles, motor rims, furniture, cooking pots..

mtcheew.. naija always playing with the superficial issues while leaving out the crux of the matter
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by khattab02: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
felifeli:
Can we claim our money back on recent purchases lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
hahaha... You funny oooo. Them go cane you well eh!
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by onihaxy: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abeg. The prices is still 1,650 as at today oooooo. Abeg when it becomes 1,000 at cement outlets, abeg let me know
Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by anonimi: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bobbystanley:
I love the competition.

I remember when the reduced fuel price to 65 naira a litre in 2011 and removed fuel subsidy in 2012 after they must have won the election.
They are using Cement this time.After February 2015 come and quote me,Cement would be sold for #4,000 naira per bag.

Politicks!

Is that what happened to SIM card prices and call rates when Glo came in to COMPETE with MTN, Airtel (ex-Econet) etc back then

How can we be so clueless and pessimistic shocked

Yet another clueless slowpoke parading as a smart swagger-ful boss angry

ajalaolanr:
Only fools will not see this as a PDP gimmick to warm the hearts of nigerians towards next years polls, Nigerians are the most gullible set of humans in the whole world, I swear down! which businessman will willingly reduce the cost of his products or services? I'm an economist and a financial expert at that,only forces of demand and supply determine prices in a genuine capitalist society, alas that is the opposite in Nigeria's case.

Asides that Cement in Nigeria is the most expensive in the world, the N1000 is the true value of that cement as you have gotten now!

This is a Trojan gift and as usual Nigerians will accept. PDP has been given us Trojan horses since 1999 and they do this when its towards election time as we are witnessing today!

Yet some people will praise GEJ , I pray he wins then Nigeria will plunder into more hunger , chaos and deprivation as never witnessed before.

Thank God I do not live there anymore!

Re: BUA Emulates Dangote By Reducing Cement Price To 1000NGN by anonimi: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
This guy got the scenario very correct on the thread about Dangote slashing prices to N1,000

biodunid:
We can expect this to be a permanent shift and just the first salvo in the price war about to hit the industry. Dangote's Ibeshe plant phase 2 is about to come on stream with another 6mt per annum while BUA group is bringing fresh 3mt too. Other players are still ramping up production and we can expect at least 50% oversupply of the Nigerian market by the end of this current round of capacity expansions.

With oversupply and the govts not taking the bait on building concrete roads, the manufacturers can only use price to secure market share and, hopefully, stimulate demand. Other companies will react with their own pricing and ultimately the abnormal super profits the industry has enjoyed since Dangote came to the scene will normalise.

This single price move has wiped out about 50% of Dangote's 100% markup though we should expect that doubling Ibeshe's capacity and other moves like securing gas for all his plants and selling excess power production to the national grid will result in compensating economies of scale.

Bottom line: expect a significant moderation of Dangote Cement Plc' superlative profits, likely correction of the stock price and fewer collapsed buildings.

This is what GOOD policies when applied consistently do-

- improve the competition environment for greater investments,
- more EMPLOYMENT,
- increased disposable income
- better standard of living for the people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Hawks Pears On Bike In Benue State (Photos) / How Can One Register With Dpr And Nipex / 10 Reasons Why You Must Get Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.