Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough (987 Views)

If 99% Was Good Enough / 8 Reasons You’re Not Making Any Money As A Freelance Writer (and What To Do!) / Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough by paschal750(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is simply believing you’re worthy of the trip.

Truth be told, you can’t berate yourself into a better version of yourself. And even though I know this, I sometimes still fall victim to my own negative thinking. Sometimes I’m downright rude to myself. I make a mistake, or fall short of my own expectations, and instead of treating it as a learning opportunity, I beat myself up about it.

I’m sure you can relate. We’ve all been there. We all have bad days and moments of self-doubt.

Sometimes the pressure coming from peers, family, work, and society in general is enough to make us feel completely broken inside. If we don’t have the “right” job, relationship, lifestyle, and so forth, by a certain age or time frame, we assume we’re just “not good enough.”

If you need a little extra inspiration, here are some things I’ve come up with – 5 good reminders when you’re feeling “not good enough”:

Nobody is doing better than you because nobody can do better than you. – YOU are walking your own path. Sometimes the reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes circumstances with everyone else’s public highlight reel. Forget what everyone else is doing and achieving. Your life is about breaking your own limits and outgrowing yourself to live YOUR best life.

Where you are right now is a necessary step. – Sometimes we avoid experiencing exactly where we are because we have developed a belief, based on our ideals, that it is not where we should be or want to be. But the truth is, where you are right now is exactly where you need to be to get to where you want to go tomorrow.

Everything is coming together… maybe not immediately, but gradually. – When times are tough, remind yourself that no pain comes without a purpose. Move on from what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you. Pain is part of growing. Remember that there are two kinds of pain: pain that hurts and pain that changes you. When you roll with life, instead of resisting it, both kinds help you grow.

It is your resistance to “what is” that causes your suffering. – Remember, happiness is allowing yourself to be perfectly OK with “what is,” rather than wishing for and worrying about “what is not.” “What is” is what’s supposed to be, or it would not be. The rest is just you, arguing with life. Think about that for a minute. This means your suffering only ever occurs when you resist how things are. You cannot control everything that happens to you; you can only control the way you respond to what happens. In your response is your power.

Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace. – Choose to be miserable and you’ll find plenty of reasons to be miserable. Choose to be peaceful and you’ll find plenty of reasons to be at peace. Think about it. Are you skilled at making yourself miserable? With those same skills you can make yourself motivated, effective and fulfilled. Do so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough by Dyoungstar: 6:39am On Nov 06, 2014
Nice one...
Re: Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough by Peterpan1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
True talk
Re: Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough by Geeblaze4(f): 6:18am On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmn...words of wisdom!
Re: Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough by boldndbeautiful(f): 5:50am On Nov 17, 2014
It was as if dis post was written because of me. Tenks dear

(1) (Reply)

Hurray! Today Is World Book Day / 7 Words Nigerians Use Often Which Don't Exist In The Dictionary / Bismarks Cave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.