Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan (1606 Views)

Christian Couple Killed For ‘desecrating Koran’ In Pakistan / Christian Couple Killed For ‘ Desecrating Koran’ In Pakistan / Things Muslim Communities Can Do To Curb Extremism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Descartes: 5:40am On Nov 05, 2014
Lahore – An enraged Muslim mob beat
a Christian couple to death in Pakistan
and burnt their bodies in the brick kiln
where they worked on Tuesday for
allegedly desecrating a Koran, police
said. The incident took place in the town of
Kot Radha Kishan, some 60 kilometres
(40 miles) southwest of Lahore, and is
the latest example of mob violence
against minorities accused of
blasphemy. “A mob attacked a Christian couple
after accusing them of desecration of
the holy Koran and later burnt their
bodies at a brick kiln where they
worked,” local police station official
Bin-Yameen told AFP. “Yesterday an incident of desecration
of the holy Koran took place in the
area and today the mob first beat the
couple and later set their bodies on
fire at a brick kiln,” he added. Another police official confirmed the
incident. The victims were only
identified by their first names, Shama
and Shehzad, and were a married
couple. Pakistan’s brick kiln workers are often
subject to harsh practices, with a study
by the Bonded Labour Liberation Front
Pakistan estimating that 4.5 million are
indentured labourers. Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif
set up a three-member committee to
fast track the investigation of the
killings and ordered police to beef up
security at Christian neighbourhoods
in the province, an official from his media office told AFP. – Hugely sensitive issue – Blasphemy is a hugely sensitive issue
in the majority Muslim country, with
even unproven allegations often
prompting mob violence. Anyone convicted, or even just
accused, of insulting Islam, risks a
violent and bloody death at the hands
of vigilantes. A Christian woman has been on death
row since November 2010 after she
was found guilty of making
derogatory remarks about the
Prophet Mohammed during an
argument with a Muslim woman. An elderly British man with severe
mental illness, sentenced to death for
blasphemy in Pakistan in January, was
shot by a prison guard last month. An internal investigation has found
that the guard had been radicalised
and goaded into the shooting by
Mumtaz Qadri, a police bodyguard
who murdered the Punjab governor in
2011 for suggesting reform of the blasphemy laws. Qadri shot dead Punjab governor
Salman Taseer at an Islamabad coffee
shop. Despite the brutal slaying, Qadri
was feted as a hero by a wide section
of the public including lawyers for the
murder, and was even showered with rose petals as he arrived at court for a
trial hearing. Global rights watchdog Amnesty
International urged the Pakistani
authorities to bring to justice those
responsible for the latest killing. “This vicious mob killing is just the
latest manifestation of the threat of
vigilante violence which anyone can
face in Pakistan after a blasphemy
accusation –- although religious
minorities are disproportionately vulnerable,” said David Griffiths,
Amnesty International’s deputy Asia
Pacific director. “Those responsible must be brought
to justice and the Pakistani authorities
have to ensure at-risk communities
are proactively given the protection
they need.” http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/christian-couple-killed-desecrating-koran-pakistan/
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Omexonomy: 6:31am On Nov 05, 2014
For those of you trying to force buhari on nigerian i pity you. Omenka barcanista egift obiagelli berem and all the other cyber rodent una see una self.

4 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by omenka(m): 6:40am On Nov 05, 2014
Omexonomy:
For those of you trying to force buhari on nigerian i pity you. Omenka barcanista egift obiagelli berem and all the other cyber rodent una see una self.
This Buhari is a fanatic stuff has become too stale and boring. Find something else to pelt the gentleman with.

4 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by eejo(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2014
Islam killing people since 100AD MUST THEY FIGHT FOR ALLAH when will their Allah fight for them

1 Like

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
Omexonomy:
shut up jare undecided who listens to a drunkard and a weed addict like u?

*ur signature asks that u be sidelined as a mentally deranged individual*

6 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Rich4god(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
Islam enjoying peace in other peoples country... But they deny others that same benefit... Later some1 will come and say "religion of peace"....

2 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by celeron40(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2014
Bloody animalistic religion..taking after their pedohilic slave-raiding beast of a "prophet".

1 Like

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Omexonomy: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
shut up jare undecided who listens to a drunkard and a weed addict like u?

*ur signature asks that u be sidelined as a mentally deranged individual*
so because i did not mention ur name makes you cry like a madman may you never go blind due to jelousy

4 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2014
celeron40:
Bloody animalistic religion..taking after their pedohilic slave-raiding beast of a "prophet".
please don't say that ,i agree there seems to be a fault with the way some muslims interpret the Holy book but it doesn't warrant these harsh words.biko
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by celeron40(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:

please don't say that ,i agree there seems to be a fault with the way some muslims interpret the Holy book but it doesn't warrant these harsh words.biko
It does..These people don't value human life..This is 2014, How do you rationalize the fact that people still act like savages? A religion that incites violence and hate deserves every insult it gets.

3 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Descartes: 7:45am On Nov 05, 2014
And we are meant to believe that Islam is a religion of 'Peace' angry

3 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2014
Omexonomy:
so because i did not mention ur name makes you cry like a madman may you never go blind due to jelousy
and the ones u mentioned their names will use it as a bank draft abi? Mumu
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by tit(f): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2014
fear catch me oo.
i see lahore think say na lagos
whether or boys don dip the qoran into the sea already
(maybe i need glasses. old age)

wetin concern buhari with this one again.
abi na everywhere una see dog and baboon
una go call our amiable general name!

1 Like

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by collynzo82: 8:08am On Nov 05, 2014
Descartes:
And we are meant to believe that Islam is a religion of 'Peace' angry

Wetin concern Buhari for this matter shocked
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by seanet02: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2014
And one ediot pushed this to the frontpage.
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Descartes: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2014
seanet02:
And one ediot pushed this to the frontpage.
Where is it on Frontpage
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Frankenstein: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2014
Islam is a religion of peace.

You'll be surprised to notice that almost every Muslim on Nairaland supports this gruesome act. After all, they did the same thing cos of a cartoon in Denmark.

3 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2014
Burning the Qur‘an in USA is one thing, but a person that do that in a pakistani village that killed himself by himself.

Imagine what would happen to an aboki that shit on the bible in Aba. What ever he gets, he did it to himself.

2 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by tsolz700: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2014
RIP to the dead..
But they caused it upon themselves..
How can you desecrate the holy Quran in a pakistani village?
May Allah forgive them

2 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by 1shortblackboy: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2014
Was going to say something derogatory about Islam and violence but then I realise its d same way Nigerian mobs execute jungle justice on percieved criminals without proper trials in court
Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by lanrefront1(m): 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
dcaliph:
Burning the Qur‘an in USA is one thing, but a person that do that in a pakistani village that killed himself by himself.

Imagine what would happen to an aboki that shit on the bible in Aba. What ever he gets, he did it to himself.

And who told you the couple burnt 5he Quaran. It was just an allegation; and unproven allegation that they "desecrate the Quran.

Most Christians who are killed by mob action are 99percent of the time killed based on the unproven allegation of one or few persons.

If I was born a Muslim, I would definitely have changed religion because I will be very disturbed by extreme violence of the religion while it's adherents claim that it a religion of peace.

Is Islam the only religion in the world? Why is that Islam is the only religion we hear in the news killing people everywhere?

Muslims will tell you those carrying out these acts are misinformed Muslims. My question is this: why are not the misinformed adherents of other religions in the world also carrying out violence?

2 Likes

Re: EXTREMISM: Christian Couple Killed For 'desecrating Koran' In pakistan by usermane(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2014
tsolz700:
RIP to the dead..
But they caused it upon themselves..
How can you desecrate the holy Quran in a pakistani village?
May Allah forgive them

This is a common ill among many people; lack of objectivity. If you cared to read before jumping to post, you won't have any reason to believe this desecration was deliberate.

During the time of the Prophet, disbelievers and hypocrites use to blaspheme, ridicule the Prophet and mock the Qur'an(6:10-11 13:32 9:64-65, 37:36 34:8 15:6) No order to penalize them was revealed in the Qur'an. Muslims were just required to ignore or admonish them(6:68-69).

Yet, mainstream Muslims take it upon themselves to punish and in fact kill anyone alleged to have blasphemed. This, they justify as protecting the honour of the Prophet and Qur'an. Ironically, these Muslims have no regard for the message of the Qur'an even though they idolise the leaflets which they recite like a piece of mantras day and night without paying heed to its meaning. This is why ignorance persist in the Muslim world. (See; Holy Ignorance Is Behind Attacks On Two Nigerian Churches).

Your response indicate a degree of tolerance for this Pakistani mobs. However, am not shocked. I 've always maintained that there are far more extremists and terror in the Muslim society than often estimated. Remember that this killing isn't the handwork of Islamist insurgents. This is the handwork of some of the so called 'Peaceful majority' of muslims often touted as anti-violence/terrorism.

So, there is no need to pretend that this kind of terror perpetuated by the Pakistani muslim mob isn't known in the muslim word. Wasn't it here in Nigeria that an Igbo man was murdered by a muslim gang over his wife alleged to have cleaned up here baby with pages of Qur'an? Wasn't it just this year that another muslim mob in Katsina burnt down two Churches over a Teacher alleged to have disregarded Muhammad?

This is my pipe bomb for this Friday, tsolz700. Be consumed by the Flames Of Truth.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Pray - I Need Preaching! / Mystery & Light Of The Holy Qur'an / French Consul (regional Ambassador) In Kuwait Accepts Islam After Fajr This Morn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.