Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,251 members, 7,822,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

How To Win An Argument Outrightly! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Win An Argument Outrightly! (489 Views)

Help A Nairaland Member To Win An Award / How To Win Scholarship Opportunity To Study In UK, Italy Or Canada / How To Win At Office Politics Every. Damn. Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Win An Argument Outrightly! by Elbisco(m): 7:54am On Nov 05, 2014
An argument is always an exchange of views among two or more people.
As human we are always at one point or the other with a contradicting view to that of neighbor or contemporaries no matter how sound or intelligent his or her views, we are always ready to show superiority and make our own idea the leading idea, thereby robbing or the other, whatever means possible and this bring about a counter argument.We argue almost everyday,hence the importance of knowing how to win arguments.
If you’ll agree with me that the victory of winning an argument is so sweet that we damn the consequence albeit grave, and here we’ll try to dissect arguments and its effects and ultimately how to win it.

WHY DO PEOPLE ARGUE?
Scientifically "I think" our brain are apt to self defense, hence when any message it receives is a conflicting idea to its own a counter message is released by it, once such happens, you’ll see all the reasons in the idea why your friend, now your opponent is wrong. I also know that the love and respect for our opinion and ours alone has filled the air, so once its not our opinion, its wrong.you bring up a counter argument This I conclude is a vice.

HOW DOES IT MAKE YOUR COUNTERPART FEEL?
Your counterpart is flesh & blood, so once his opinion is contested, it pricks him like a sharp Nail and for sure, he will react. This is because you did not steal is dollar bills, nor harm his SUV you did a worse harm to his most priced asset.His EGO. You attempted to murder it, by contesting his opinion, and he’ll use anything possible to fight back. Just to regain his pride.

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF ARGUMENTS?
The effects of Argument are obvious. Once you ply that path, anger, hate, resentment, Emotional disturbance enemity- name it; these would set in between both parties and if you don’t know, anger, hate and arguments have caused more harm than the bombing of Hiroshima.
HOW TO WIN ARGUMENTS. It’s simple. To win an argument is just as simple as ABC (if not simpler). If you really want to do, simply AVOID it. That’s it. Avoid it even though sometimes there might be good arguments, but it often go sour, so avoid it.
Respect peoples opinion, once your opinion is contested, stay calm, keep your cool, its normal, it doesn’t make you any less- act matured. (Maturity is not about age) it’s more.To you it might be a logical argument, but to the other it may be fallacious arguments. Ask questions, if need be-not sarcastic questions though.
I used to be a “very good arguer” Oh sorry there’s never a good arguer. I was a bad arguer, extremely argumentative and this gave me a bad name. I was very ready to do it. Sometimes I claim I wasn’t arguing and called it something else,but there is nowhere in the dictionary for another word for argument. And then I unlearnt it. after I understood it dangers, I learnt maturity and now I’m quick to avoid it, I’m more at peace in conversations today. This is what you need. it wins you Good friends who would help you in your success journey. Your emotions are balanced, you are never caught using the wrong word or using foul languages due to anger. The benefit of wining arguments through abstinence cannot be over emphasized. Take your time say at every potential arguable conversation “I won’t say a word” not on this topic and with time you would over come this bad habit . In an argument,lose it and you lose it. Win it you and you lost it still.”

what do you think about arguments?

Source: http://www.biscoibitade.com/2014/11/what-is-an-argument.html

(1) (Reply)

7 Stages Of Dealing With Job Rejection / Investment Opportunities Available In Nigeria / Ernst & Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.