Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

The Customer Is Always Right. Ignore this truth and your business is doomed! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Customer Is Always Right. Ignore this truth and your business is doomed! (791 Views)

What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / Is A Customer Always Right ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Customer Is Always Right. Ignore this truth and your business is doomed! by neksummi(m): 8:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
Yes the customer is always right because perception is the reality and the customer is the sole judge of that. Your customer feels just like you; is just as busy as you are, and wishes for the same simplicity and clarity. Give it to him. You're tired of being confused. You're tired of all these advertising claims, the bragging, the boasting, the sales pitches, the grand promises, and the clattering, pattling and clamoring for attention. So is your customer. Acknowledge that your competition is quite possibly just as skilled and professional. and a much of an expert, as you are. They may also be cheaper! Will customer choose your business over your competition's because you logically and proudly state, 'we are smarter, more educated, and more professional than they are!'?
Most businesses take the position of boasting and bragging. Consequently, few customers listen or believe it. 'Everyone says that!' they say. I've reasoned that way several times myself. People hate braggats.
So how should it be done? Let your customers know that you and your business exist for one reason and one reason alone: to make the customers' dreams come true- because, my friend, that is all they want. Furthermore, that's all you want. That's it. Get their emotions. Your emotions are stronger than your logic. Do emotions and fulfilment of dreams have that much power over human beings? Absolutely. You hold the proof in your life. Is the way you care for your loved ones emotional or logical? If it is logical, then why do you tolerate all the mistakes they make time after time after time? Why do you forgive their behavior and care for them anyway? Because your emotions are stronger than your logic.
I therefore marvel at how people engage their customers in arguements and some even go to the extent of insulting their customers. 'I beg comot for here, na because of N50 thing wey you wan buy, you de talk to me like that?' Eh! N50 thing? You've forgotten the repeat purchase of those N50 things he's coming back to make? And how many of his friends he would have referred to you?
I know how many times I changed barbers because of quality or the attitude of the barber. And how also I've remained with a barber 'because of the same reasons. This is also true for so many other things I patronize. My dear business people, give the customer what he wants. Whatever he wants is the right thing. Don't forget, the perception (of the customer and not yours) is the reality!
Or what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trading Is Now Easy To Learn: / Where Can A Buy A Birthday Card As Tall As A Human Being? / Soft Loan Needed For Business For A Year Duration. Any Idea On How To Go Abt It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.