Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

I Often Hear People Say This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Often Hear People Say This (694 Views)

Can You Say This In Pure English Language? / Say This In English If You Think You Are Very Good / 10 Words And Phrarses That Too Many People Say Incorrectly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Often Hear People Say This by newslife: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
learning is a continuous process so lets relate this which i have found together, however, i often hear people say 'this is my first time of seeing this' or hearing this etc people who speak this kind of English is ignorance of the use of TENSE. Now, lets analyse it and give the correct grammer; you see something means you have seen it so telling somebody about it the verb should be in past tense or past participle as the case may be so the correct grammer is ' this is my first i have seen this or i have heard this etc i hope this helps and feel free to share your discoveries let us learn.
Re: I Often Hear People Say This by kennynelcon(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
newslife:
people who speak this kind of English is ignorance of the use of TENSE. .
I schooled in Germany. proudly Pidgin lol
Re: I Often Hear People Say This by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
newslife:
learning is a continuous process so lets relate this which i have found together, however, i often hear people say 'this is my first time of seeing this' or hearing this etc people who speak this kind of English is ignorance of the use of TENSE. Now, lets analyse it and give the correct grammer; you see something means you have seen it so telling somebody about it the verb should be in past tense or past participle as the case may be so the correct grammer is ' this is my first i have seen this or i have heard this etc i hope this helps and feel free to share your discoveries let us learn.
This is jux d simple truth... Stative verbs don't take -ing...Examples of stative verbs are see, hear. believe. etc.
Re: I Often Hear People Say This by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
Help ur boy win a contest please!!!! Two of my articles were accepted for a contest. The title is d JPMS writing contest... Please vote for my article by liking, sharing. tweeting and emailing (the like, share, tweet and email buttons are on the top of d article pages jux after d title of d articles ) the articles directly from d link below..These are d articles..
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deleterious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/

http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/an-open-letter-to-all-medical-school-aspirants-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-path-of-medicine/
Ur vote counts.
Thanks a lot for ur understanding..

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Admits 12,650 Out Of 114,700 Applicants. / Youth Inclusion In Governance; Catalyst For Genuine National Development / Mouau 2015/2016 first batch Admission/cut off marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.