Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? (2944 Views)

Lepasharon Is So Posh❤ / Guests Using Toilet At Posh Hotel Can Be Seen By Passers-by After Window Design / Annoying Things Nigerians Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by onila(f): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
Like reading books to your children grin

having a tree with presents under and ard it

tooth fairy
placing money under their kids pillow when yr child loses their teeth etc

I was born in the UK
So My mother did all that except reading books to me tongue

but when we moved back to Nigeria, she stopped all that
except the tooth fairy one grin
she still continued to place money under our pillows
until we realized tooth fairies didnt exist

Christmas time, she brought out the christmas tree
except placing presents aunder the tree

well we spent our christmas in the village
so we didnt need to put presents under the tree
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by onila(f): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by onila(f): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
christmas tree
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
Tell me what you doing with that big fat lie. Wiggle, wiggle,wiggle *whistles outta thread*

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
I got banned by anti spam bot
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
tooth fairy

when yr child loses their teeth
he/she places the teeth under their pillow the day they lose their teeth
and the child parents replaces the teeth with money

christmas tree

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lol nigerian parents dnt hav tym for such........ But i pray i will be a good father...

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Lol nigerian parents dnt hav tym for such........ But i pray i will be a good father...

its a nice family tradition
I encourage more Nigerian parents to do it

makes the child more posh
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onilaiscool:

its a nice family tradition
I encourage more Nigerian parents to do it

makes the child more posh
yea ur ryt.... It all starts with u and i......
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onilaiscool:
I got banned by anti spam bot

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
onila, beht why
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
MissMeiya:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
onila, beht why
because I got my pictures from google images

the pictures dere sometimes are too big for nairaland
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
Cutehector4u:
yea ur ryt.... It all starts with u and i......

my mother did it
so I will definitely do all that for my kids

yr children might not be born abroad
but they watch cartoon network, hollywood movies and disney movies where they do all this stuff

it will be nice if they can relate more to what they are watching smiley wink
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onilaiscool:

my mother did it
so I will definitely do all that for my kids

yr children might not be born abroad
but they watch cartoon network and disney movies where they do all this stuff

it will be nice if they can relate more to what they are watching smiley wink

yh it would be realy nice...
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onilaiscool:
because I got my pictures from google images

the pictures dere sometimes are too big for nairaland

Smh. You're too much.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
OP @onila
Do you know the per capita income and literacy rate of Nigeria?

Google the answer to your mildly ridiculous question.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by JiggamanGh: 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
onila:
Like reading books to your children grin

having a tree with presents under and ard it

tooth fairy
placing money under their kids pillow when yr child loses their teeth etc

I was born in the UK
So My mother did all that except reading books to me tongue

but when we moved back to Nigeria, she stopped all that
except the tooth fairy one grin
she still continued to place money under our pillows
until we realized tooth fairies didnt exist

Christmas time, she brought out the christmas tree
except placing presents aunder the tree

well we spent our christmas in the village
so we didnt need to put presents under the tree

How about our tradition of getting the belt/cane that your parents would use to beat you should you do something wrong. Oh the memories grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
ebdib:
OP @onila
Do you know the per capita income and literacy rate of Nigeria?

Google the answer to your mildly ridiculous question.

arent they educated and rich pple in Nigeria?

even middle class Nigerian families can do some
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
JiggamanGh:

How about our tradition of getting the belt/cane that your parents would use to beat you should you do something wrong. Oh the memories grin

I will also do that
although things are changing

pple arent flogging their kids anymore these days like our parents used to

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
I was also born in uk(canada to be precise) but grew up in haiti and got married in sudan. My mum still reads bedtime stories to me. #richkidofnigeria. #poshlifestyle. #richnigga #schooldropout #upcomerapper #tag #noinsultplease
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Onilaiscool(f): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
balamz:
I was also born in uk(canada to be precise) but grew up in haiti and got married in sudan. My mum still reads bedtime stories to me. #richkidofnigeria. #poshlifestyle. #richnigga #schooldropout #upcomerapper #tag #noinsultplease
undecided

are u hausa?
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onilaiscool:
undecided

are u hausa?
yap.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by JiggamanGh: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onilaiscool:

I will also do that
although things are changing

pple arent flogging their kids anymore these days like our parents used to

Do you think it contribute to western kids being more articulate than Africans. I think Africans way of parenting inhibits children creativity.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by JiggamanGh: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
balamz:

Canada is not part of the uk or I am missing something?

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Canada is not part of the uk or I am missing something?
Are you sure? Canada is the capital of uk. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by JiggamanGh: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
balamz:

grin grin grin
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
balamz:
Canada is wat shocked shocked shocked since when or am missing smtin like jiggah
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
SuperMartins:
Canada is wat shocked shocked shocked since when or am missing smtin like jiggah
Yes, Canada is now the capital of the UK and Mogadishu is the capital of the US.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by missEmjay(f): 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
cos most are busy hustling and working. Besides, we don't really value these things. tho I gotta say they're important. But on a lighter note, its because we ain't White, so we can't do wat whites do grin
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by onila(f): 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
grin
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Do Posh Family Things Like White Pple? by spikesC(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Isn't it obvious cos it's not our tradition.
We don't have tooth fairies and santa claus, they're all borrowed culture.

Most part of Nigeria believe in throwing the tooth over the roof when a certain white bird is flying (can't remember the bird's name) with the belief that the bird should take the old tooth and give them a white one.

And what's with the use of the word 'posh' instead of tradition/culture? cos it's a white thing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious-Bank Credit Alert (pic) / I Hope You Are All Fine / Today Free Premier League Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.