Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent (2316 Views)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Broiler Farming: Unleased! / BROILER FARMING/BUSINESS MANUAL FOR SMALL SCALE FARMERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by grownaira: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
Good evening fellows. Please my broiler chicks are five days old now.

Some of them start dying yesterday by suddenly becoming weak and ltr shaking/vibrating to death.

Four died yesterday, and five died today.

Please what could possibly be infecting them and how can I manage the case.

Thanks.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by omoluabi1960: 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hmmm inav passed thru that stage and I understand you ...have you given them any medications.. probably they av bacteria infection..which could lead to loss of appetite ..and makes them very weak.
Try some anti bacteria drugs first
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by FarmTech(m): 12:34am On Nov 06, 2014
I've not seen such b4. I hope u're nt giving them spoilt feed.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by kay29000(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Give them a mixture of kenflox 20% and embazim...they will be okay. Act fast. Hope you are keeping their environment clean and not overcrowding them.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by grownaira: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2014
FarmTech:
I've not seen such b4. I hope u're nt giving them spoilt feed.

Thanks, will take note.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by grownaira: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2014
kay29000:
Give them a mixture of kenflox 20% and embazim...they will be okay. Act fast. Hope you are keeping their environment clean and not overcrowding them.

Thanks, will also consider ur advice.

This isn't my first time, I harvest broilers every month, started 4months ago. But this is d first time am witnessing something like this.

I gave them anti-coccidiasis and penprovit this morning. Will also put your input into consideration. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by kay29000(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
grownaira:

Thanks, will also consider ur advice.

This isn't my first time, I harvest broilers every month, started 4months ago. But this is d first time am witnessing something like this.

I gave them anti-coccidiasis and penprovit this morning. Will also put your input into consideration. Thanks once again.

Okay. Please, may I ask, how long does it take from day old to maturity? And how do you sell them. Also, where is your location? Thanks.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by grownaira: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
kay29000:

Okay. Please, may I ask, how long does it take from day old to maturity? And how do you sell them. Also, where is your location? Thanks.

My birds usually attain maturity btw 5 to 6wks.

I sell mostly to those guys that sell roasted chicken, and sometimes to restaurants/hotels, eateries.

Am still operating in a small scale, I stock btw 200 to 300 every three weeks, this allows me to harvest monthly.

Location is Kaduna.

Thanks.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by kay29000(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
grownaira:

I sell mostly to those guys that sell roasted chicken, and sometimes to restaurants/hotels, eateries.

Am still operating in a small scale, I stock btw 200 to 300 every three weeks, this allows me to harvest monthly.

Location is Kaduna.

Thanks.

You mean from day old to full size (maturity?). This is my first time, that's why I am asking. I have a mentor I talk to, he has been in the business for 10 years now, he is the one that helped me with the drugs when my chicks were sick last week. I got my chicks at 2 weeks 2 weeks ago, and was just wondering how long it would take for them to be fully matured. Thanks.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by kay29000(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
grownaira:

Location is Kaduna.

Thanks.

One more thing...How much do you get them at day old, and how much do you sell to the hotels/restaurants...? Thanks.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by shulie: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
kay29000:

You mean from day old to full size (maturity?). This is my first time, that's why I am asking. I have a mentor I talk to, he has been in the business for 10 years now, he is the one that helped me with the drugs when my chicks were sick last week. I got my chicks at 2 weeks 2 weeks ago, and was just wondering how long it would take for them to be fully matured. Thanks.

So u went into broiler farming without knowing even the maturity of the chickens?
And U have a mentor who has 10 years experience? What a mentor!
No wonder, the chickens are dying at 5 days old.
If you want to be informed and be properly informed, visit www.johnayodele.
You will be glad you did.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by miqos02(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
shulie:

So u went into broiler farming without knowing even the maturity of the chickens?
And U have a mentor who has 10 years experience? What a mentor!
No wonder, the chickens are dying at 5 days old.
If you want to be informed and be properly informed, visit www.johnayodele.
You will be glad you did.
hmmmmm
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by grownaira: 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
kay29000:

From day old to maturity. Broilers starts getting matured from week 5.

Wishing you all the best with ur chicks.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by grownaira: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
kay29000:

One more thing...How much do you get them at day old, and how much do you sell to the hotels/restaurants...? Thanks.

Price at day old varies, depending on season. It varies btw N130 to 230. The last I bought is N170.

I sell mostly to guys dat sell roasted chicken at N750 to N800 per head.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by kay29000(m): 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
grownaira:

Price at day old varies, depending on season. It varies btw N130 to 230. The last I bought is N170.

I sell mostly to guys dat sell roasted chicken at N750 to N800 per head.

Okay. Thanks a lot for this information.
Re: Broiler Farming: Please Help, Its Urgent by kay29000(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
grownaira:

From day old to maturity. Broilers starts getting matured from week 5.

Wishing you all the best with ur chicks.

Thanks. I am so grateful for this information.

(1) (Reply)

The Land Lease Option Is Back, Better And Bigger. / Best Cassava Seedlings / If You Need Drip Irrigation And Installation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.