Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings (1237 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by adetonaz(m): 4:24am On Nov 06, 2014
Good morning to you fellow nairalanders. I'm using this avenue, to correct an impression towards Islam the religion of peace in regards to Boko Haran menace that has been troubling our dear country for quite some time. I know many are of the beilieve that the actions of boko haram are related to the religion of peace i.e Islam but that's not true. Its so disheartening when Boko haram claimed of been muslim or were called islamic sect.
Boko Haram have never been true muslims thats if they are because all they do (killing.kidnapping etal) are not supported by Islam. The following quran chapters, are some of the proofs. They are as follows:-
-Q. 2:256- There is no compulsion in religion(boko haram making it compulsory to become muslim is anti islam)
-Q 4:19-O you who believe! It is not lawful for you that you should take women against their will(Boko Haram claiming they've married off chibok girls off is anti Islam because Allah(SWT) forbids it)
-Q 10-99-And if your Lord had pleased,surely all those who are in the earth would have believed;all of them. Will you then force men till they become beilevers ?(There shouldn't be force in making someone believe so BH actions is againt Allah's wish)
100-And its not for a soul to believe except Allah's permission and he cast uncleaness on those who will not understand
-Q 5:32- For this reason did we prescribe to the children of israrl that whoever slays a soul unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men(yet boko haram kept all killing thousands of people).
Boko harams actions are not part of islamic teaching and will never be part of it please my fellow nigerians the Sect is anti Nigeria progress and not anti christianty or anti particular tribe. They've killed as much muslims as they've killed christians. They've killed pastors, priests also imams and Mualeems.
So let's join hands to force insurgency out of our Land So help us God(amen!) .

Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by adetonaz(m): 4:27am On Nov 06, 2014
Last Screenshot

Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 5:26am On Nov 06, 2014
The ones that need to hear this are in sambisa, mubi etc Go there and tell them cool
Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by plappville(f): 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
What about the Muslims that killed 17 people in revenge of Muhammad? Is this in the teaching of Islam? undecided where does this madness came from?

If you follow world news you know am talking about the 7-10th of January cold blooded terror that took place in France. They killed people bacause Muhammad was caricatured. And killed 4 Jews and Police. Is this a teaching from the Koran? If no where comes this teaching? They were so proud to die for this. I read a Muslim here posted an article validating this action. WhaWhere comes this madness? I need an answer please.
Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by malvisguy212: 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
plappville:
What about the Muslims that killed 17 people in revenge of Muhammad? Is this in the teaching of Islam? undecided where does this madness came from?

If you follow world news you know am talking about the 7-10th of January cold blooded terror that took place in France. They killed people bacause Muhammad was caricatured. And killed 4 Jews and Police. Is this a teaching from the Koran? If no where comes this teaching? They were so proud to die for this. I read a Muslim here posted an article validating this action. WhaWhere comes this madness? I need an answer please.
God bless you.
if you insult Allah, they will called you shatan(satan) but if you insult muhammed, run for your life.
I think this does not make any sense,it's a spell.
Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by davien(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
plappville:

Yes it is taught in the koran, specificly 4:89 and 9:5
Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by Ifeann(f): 4:00am On Jan 14, 2015
adetonaz:
Good morning to you fellow nairalanders. I'm using this avenue, to correct an impression towards Islam the religion of peace in regards to Boko Haran menace that has been troubling our dear country for quite some time. I know many are of the beilieve that the actions of boko haram are related to the religion of peace i.e Islam but that's not true. Its so disheartening when Boko haram claimed of been muslim or were called islamic sect.
Boko Haram have never been true muslims thats if they are because all they do (killing.kidnapping etal) are not supported by Islam. The following quran chapters, are some of the proofs. They are as follows:-
-Q. 2:256- There is no compulsion in religion(boko haram making it compulsory to become muslim is anti islam)
-Q 4:19-O you who believe! It is not lawful for you that you should take women against their will(Boko Haram claiming they've married off chibok girls off is anti Islam because Allah(SWT) forbids it)
-Q 10-99-And if your Lord had pleased,surely all those who are in the earth would have believed;all of them. Will you then force men till they become beilevers ?(There shouldn't be force in making someone believe so BH actions is againt Allah's wish)
100-And its not for a soul to believe except Allah's permission and he cast uncleaness on those who will not understand
-Q 5:32- For this reason did we prescribe to the children of israrl that whoever slays a soul unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men(yet boko haram kept all killing thousands of people).
Boko harams actions are not part of islamic teaching and will never be part of it please my fellow nigerians the Sect is anti Nigeria progress and not anti christianty or anti particular tribe. They've killed as much muslims as they've killed christians. They've killed pastors, priests also imams and Mualeems.
So let's join hands to force insurgency out of our Land So help us God(amen!) .

My brother in humanity you are a lair or maybe just incredibly ignorant about Islam. .. How many chapters have u read from your sources. .Sahih hadiths , quran etc. .. the days you Muslims deceived kafirs with friendly looking verses is OVER ... it's 4 am here so I won't bother tearing down the falsehood in all the verses you cited but I shall pick one...

From Qu'ran 5:32, “...If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

Now let's look at a popular early Muslim interpretation;

According to the highly respected Qur'anic exegesis of Ibn Kathir- early Qur'anic commentator and Tabi'un, Sayid ibn Jubayr (who lived at the time of ProphetMuhammad, and was a companion ofAisha), had said:
[فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعاً]
.....Sa`id bin Jubayr said, "He who allows himself to shed the blood of a Muslim, is like he who allows shedding the blood of all people. He who forbids shedding the blood of one Muslim, is like he who forbids shedding the blood of all people."

**So early understanding of the verse claims it applies only to shedding the blood of a believer(Muslim). This can be disputed so let's go back to the Qu'ran.

The Fuller context says;

Qu'ran 5:32-34, "On that account: Therefore we prescribed for the Children of Israel that who so slays a soul not to retaliate for a soul slain, nor for corruption done in the land, shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and who so gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has given life to mankind altogether. Our Messengers have already come to them with the clear signs; then many of them thereafter commit excesses in the earth.
This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be SLAUGHTERED, or CRUCIFIED, or their hands and feet shall alternately be STRUCK OFF; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement,
except for such as repent, before you have power over them. So know you that God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."

*** Notice how you can slay a person if the person spreads corruption in the land or as some translations call it, "mischief". This "corruption in the land" or "mischief" can mean anything such as Preaching the Gospel of Christ, making Muslims uncomfortable by questioning the Qu'ran or Muhammed, drawing Mohammed, supporting western education etc This has therefore been an excused used by Jihadists like BokoHaram, ISIS, Hamas, hezbollah, Al shabba, Alqueda etc to murder, kill and destroy.

Finally a very brief explanation of the verse by an Ex-Muslim-

We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person -unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

Salient points:
1 - It explicitly states that this was a commandment to the Children of Israel, i.e. the Jews! This is not a commandment to all people, and it certainly should not be misused as if this is Allah's command to Muhammad's people.

2 - Even if this were a command to the Muslims, there's still an escape clause: "unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land." If someone is "spreading mischief", he can still be killed. Now let's think for a moment. The would-be Times Square bomber considers Americans to be spreading mischief in Palestine and around the world (practically all Muslims I know think this, even the ones who are American citizens). Accordingly, even if this verse were to apply to someone like Faisal Shahzad, he would still be justified in his slaughter.
As if this weren't obvious enough from the verse itself, the Qur'an further expounds this point in the very next verse. 5:33 says
The punishment of those who wage war against God and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.
This verse is referring to the Muslims, not the Jews anymore, as we can tell in the shift from past tense to present tense. And here, the punishment for mischief is clearly prescribed: execution, crucifixion, mutilation, or at the least, exile. This is the command given to the Muslims. Quite clearly, it does not teach what the Muslims proclaim it teaches; in fact, it teaches almost the exact opposite.
It is undeniably clear that, in order to make Islam seem peaceful, Nazam and many other Muslims rip this verse out of its context, take words out of the very verse itself, changing the entire message for something else. I wonder if they know they are guilty of Surah 5:13.
In any case, we should not let ourselves (or anyone who might be interested) be deceived by the popular Muslim interpretation of these verses.

1 Like

Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by Ifeann(f): 4:07am On Jan 14, 2015
plappville:

To understand why they love to kill and die for their god u need to understand just a few passages in the quran

Death in the cause of allah's will is encouraged, supported and promoted as well as fully endorsed in Islam. Let's look at some quran verses and one or two narratives from the hadiths, sahih burhari, one of the most respected and authenticated sources in Islam.

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (4:74)-"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso FIGHTETH IN THE WAY OF ALLAH, BE HE SLAIN or be he victorious, on him WE SHALL BESTOW A VAST REWARD"

Qur'an (9:111)-"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, AND SLAY AND ARE SLAIN: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the
Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."

Qur'an (2:207)-"And there is the type of man who GIVES HIS LIFE to earn the pleasure of Allah..."

Qur'an (61:10-12)"O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty? That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew! He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement."
This verse was given at the battle Uhud and uses the Arabic word, Jihad.
The dark-eyed virgins are mentioned in several places as well, including verses 44:54 and 52:20.
For those who swing the other way, there are"perpetual youth"verse6:17, otherwise known as"boys"verses52:24and76:19.

Qur'an (17:33)"And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, EXCEPT BY RIGHT"
An important verse that is used by Muslims to not only justify their own deaths, but that of other bystanders who might be believers as well. Like we saw 2days ago when the Muslims in Paris killed a muslim police officer in their quest to avenge their prophet. The end justifies the means, with the goal being the defeat of the kafir, their submission and finally the establishment of Islamic rule.

Qur'an 3:151
Soon shall we cast TERROR into the hearts of the unbelievers, for that they joined companion with Allah...

Mohammed was the original terrorist.
Qur'an 8:89
And fight with them until there is no more filna(disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah

This is just a little taste of the evil commands in the quran which encourages persecutions, intolerance and prejudice.

Now From the Hadith:

Bukhari (52:54)- The words of Muhammad:"I would love to be martyred in allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred." This is why modern-day Jihadists often say that they love death.

2 Likes

Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by EvilBrain1(m): 4:51am On Jan 14, 2015
The prophet Muhammad also took infidel women against their will and sold them into sex slavery, shared many among his companions and kept some for himself. He once massacred an entire town after they surrendered to him peacefully. He regularly ordered the assassination of those who criticized him. His first companions regularly killed so called Muslims who had fallen into apostasy or had embraced heresy. Are you a better Muslim than the prophet Muhammad? Are you qualified to pass judgement on him? Are you above his companions?

Boko Haram are true Muslims who are obeying the Koran and following the example of the prophet. It is you who is anti-Islam. You have appointed yourself a judge over Allah's prophet and you think your morals are superior to his. When you condemn those who follow the prophet, you condemn the prophet himself.

Islam is about obeying the Koran, obeying the prophet's teachings and following his perfect example. If you are not willing to follow the prophet 100% then stop calling yourself a Muslim. As long as you call Islam your religion, you have no right to condemn Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: Actions Of Boko Haram Is Against Islamic Teachings by olalekan1(m): 7:31am On Jan 14, 2015
I pray the Christians understands this. Thanks Op for sharing this.

(1) (Reply)

Holy Ghost Congress 2014: The Great Shepherd , 8-13th December, 2014 / Happy Hanukkah! / Angels And Demons: The Birth Of Giants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.