Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

Keyboard Trouble: Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Keyboard Trouble: Please Help (828 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / PC Trouble, Please Help / My System Is In Trouble, Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by mctech(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Techies in the house, l salute!

I mistakenly booted my HP Pavilion g with a Avast CD in it and the OS (Windows cool crashed. I formatted it with Windows 7 and ever since then the key board has not been functioning. When typing, it goes to open the shortcut of the key, rather than display the text. For example, pressing M in Word will bring a Magnification window.

l updated the drivers and the issue has been the same.
Please help me, I have not been able to use my system.
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
Take a closer look at your laptop keyboard. One or two of the keys on your keyboard is pressed down/stuck. That's why you are experiencing the problem.
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by mctech(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
koseepaaro:
One or two of the keys on your keyboard is pressed down/stuck.
No key is stuck.
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
mctech:
No key is stuck.
Then, it's time to change your keyboard if you can't notice any stuck key on the current one.
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by onetimepro(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls I don't no what is wrong with my keyboard, some botton are not functioning....... My email is fisola2007@gmail.com for possible solution.
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by koseepaaro(m): 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
onetimepro:
Pls I don't no what is wrong with my keyboard, some botton are not functioning....... My email is fisola2007@gmail.com for possible solution.
If some buttons are not pressing, it is likely you have some accumulated dust beneath your keyboard caps. Look for a way of blowing dust out of the entire keyboard (like, by using dust blower to) and see whether you are going to notice improvement. Note: ensure you remove the battery from the system before you do it. Good
luck to you.
Re: Keyboard Trouble: Please Help by Nathclinton(m): 5:22am On Nov 08, 2014
pls i need help ooo my keyboard on my desktop pc those not on at boot and i hv to weight fr hours bfr its wrks

(1) (Reply)

Disable USB Ports To Prevent Others From Taking Your Data Or File On Your Pc / Buy A Super - Powerful Dell Vostro 420 Desktop Computer As Low As 40k / I Need A Fairly Used Hp 15 Core I3 To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.