Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. (1178 Views)

Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! / Fatal Error: Allowed Memory Size Of 67108864 Bytes Exhausted. Please Help / "Fatal Error: Allowed Memory Size Of 33554432 Bytes Exhausted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by ud003: 10:56am On Nov 06, 2014
please i just got a message in my cpanel that i have exceeded my disk usage quota. and it funny because i have not added any more files to my site and i even deleted some files from the directries yet it still remains the same.can someone pleas tell me what the problem is.and is there any psssiblity of it been blocked as a result of the disk space exhaustion.
Re: Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by dwebdesign(m): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Your disk space is different from your bandwidth.
you get that message you got because you have exhausted the monthly allocated bandwidth given to your hosting account.
the month is is still fresh, so am guessing could be caused by spam bots and hotlinking.

probably, there is heavy content scraping activities.

mobile: 08133884165

whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350
Re: Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by osile2012: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
IT all depends on the hosting company and package. I guess it might just stop receiving uploaded files and maybe slow down bandwidth. But i wonder what kind of sit it is that will fill the entire disc space. Do u have a music and video server on it? Or maybe its ur email disk quota that it is referring to.
Re: Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by adewasco2k(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
dwebdesign:
h

He made it clear that it was disk space and not bandwidth.

@OP are you on a windows or Linux server?

Check your log file, you might have an error on your server which Is generating error log every seconds more.

I have seen error log getting up to 20GB in just a day
Re: Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by WebHostingPal: 4:56am On Nov 07, 2014
ud003:
please i just got a message in my cpanel that i have exceeded my disk usage quota.

The files and folders are not the only factors that affect your disk space, you also need to check the volume of data in your database, emails, logs etc... Otherwise I will advice that you upgrade plan with your web host.

Hope that helps.
Re: Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by bedfordng(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
you just have to check your cpanel thouroughly to clean out some files
Re: Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. by internetpo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
ud003:
please i just got a message in my cpanel that i have exceeded my disk usage quota. and it funny because i have not added any more files to my site and i even deleted some files from the directries yet it still remains the same.can someone pleas tell me what the problem is.and is there any psssiblity of it been blocked as a result of the disk space exhaustion.

Check your files again to ensure you deleted them refresh the page, even log out and log in if possible.

Though from your explanation it may be from your hosting company. Have you contacted their support department yet? That's your first port of call before you can then come to nairaland to seek for help.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Free MTN And Etisalat Cheats For AUGUST 2016 / (SOLD) 47k Likes Page / I'll Design Any Website For You Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.