Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read (881 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Whatsapp And Wikipedia: Do You Know Your Whatsapp Can do This? / How To Read Whatsapp Message Without The Sender Knowing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 06, 2014

If you’re a WhatsApp user, you should see a small but useful change start rolling into the app.

As .net spotted, the app will now light up its double-check marks blue when a message has been read.

Many users have misinterpreted the double check marks(√√) next to messages to indicate that a message has been looked at, as so may other platforms offer the feature, but that’s not the case.

In reality, the double check marks simply mean a message has been received by the other user while the single check only tells you the message reached WhatsApp’s servers.

The new feature, a blue coloring adds a third layer of information, as an updated FAQ on WhatsApp's website will confirm.

Alternatively, you can long press on a message to access a ‘Message Info‘ screen, detailing the times when the message was received, read or played.

Of course, one could use ‘last seen’ indicators on the top left of a conversation to know when a contact was last in the app, but the blue checkmarks are more direct. It would have been nice to see this added in as an on opt out feature though some users may not be so fond of the additional information.

CREDIT: http://www..net/apps/blog/show/42798016-how-to-know-if-your-whatsapp-message-has-been-read
Re: How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read by Bawss1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hmmm. These guys are making it harder for me to stay hidden. I want to be able to read messages without the sender having any knowledge of me doing so. tongue
Re: How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read by Texykool: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
Eleyi gidi gan
Re: How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Bawss1:
Hmmm. These guys are making it harder for me to stay hidden. I want to be able to read messages without the sender having any knowledge of me doing so. tongue
seconded
Re: How To Know If Your Whatsapp Message Has Been Read by eraly(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
I noticed it too dis morning cos I formated my phone n re-installed whatsapp frm app store. I like dis feature though.

(1) (Reply)

Lumia 520 For Sale 13500naira / Techno M5 Google Play Store / (question) How To Root Innjoo F3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.