Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! (2854 Views)

MTN Just Gave Me N5000 Airtime / Remorseful MTN Surprised Me Today (PHOTO) / MTN Just Won't Stop. (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
A number, 33592, called me and me in my curious state decided to pick only to hear an advertorial from my network provider. The line went dead almost immediately. Some few minutes later, I received this message; "Y'ello, you have successfully subscribed for QURAN ALERTS service at N50.00, and it will be renewed on 2014-11-20.To cancel the subscription send STOP KORAN to 33592"
See me see wahala o, when and how did I subscribe to this. I was just wondering if it's a general thing or just my own special piece of surprise from MTN. What do you guys think?
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
I forgot 2 add on Saturday, I was called by 180 asking me how I have been enjoying their network. I was like flattering the lady, how do I manage receiving calls from call centre without me lodging any complains whatsoever. I was told am one of their loyal customers. I was then introduced to mtn 15mins call bundle for N120 at N8/min. I subscribed for it.

Yesterday I went for a burial, at the point of prayers for the deceased, I received a call which I had to hangup right in my pocket. It was after that, I discovered it was call centre calling. I was just wondering why is it so? I started wondering maybe it's because I normally transfer my credit from my other lines to dis one. I do have like N3,000 credits on d line on a regular basis which I use just for calls. Is it that they have discovered this and are looking for ways to take that credits on a regular basis. This and many more are the questions on my mind.
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
I see views but no comments. Waiting
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by Donpoker9(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2014

Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Viewing this topic: Anthofrie(m), ifeanyija(m), lilmax(m),
haykay2005 and 1 guest(s)
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by Segadem(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
the number called me @ 3:36 thank God I refused to pick it.
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
Segadem:
the number called me @ 3:36 thank God I refused to pick it.
Then next time I will just ignore. I was just curious that was y I picked in the first place.
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by Miraclestar: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
Welcome to MTN...#smiles
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
Miraclestar:
Welcome to MTN...#smiles
Their robbery is becoming too much. That's how the other day my BBC data plan finished in two days after I downloaded videos worth 400MB. My data became extremely slow that I had to wait for like 3 to 5mins for Nairaland frontpage 2 load. I checked status and they said I do not have data plan that I should please subscribe. Their matter don tire me jawee; am buying a glo sim for that purpose.
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by tmanis(m): 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
this is what they surprised me with

Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
[quote author=tmanis post=27844057]this is what they surprised me with[/quote/]
They automatically subscribe u to callertune whenever u change ur network plan maybe from pulse to zone. They also subscribe u to other useless services like English; sending me msg on phrase, clause etc as if I am in anyway related to patience Jonathan. Chai chai chai, dis wayo Wey una dey play, diaris God o!
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
tmanis:
this is what they surprised me with
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by tmanis(m): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
[quote author=nas4q post=27845000][/quote]
I didn't subscribe for anything oo, did not even migrate anywhere....
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
tmanis:

I didn't subscribe for anything oo, did not even migrate anywhere....
They are so desperate these days to d point I can't explain. They will play tricks on u if
1. You leave credits in ur BB while u've subcribed. Na so d money go dey go small small
2. If u normally leave credit on ur phone. They will bombard u with SMS and calls just 2 ensure ur money goes
So for those two points; I don wise up
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by shadelek(m): 11:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
I don't even check their call twice on my phone before I press the red botton on my phone coz I know nothing good come out of MTN. They always find a way to extort money from we the subscriber. Imagine them quoting Isaiah for me and asking me to send it to one silly no to get the ringback tone. I wonder if its me that we be listening to it or someone else. God go deduct my Money wey you comot in an unjust way from your purse
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by Miraclestar: 12:06am On Nov 10, 2014
nas4q:

Their robbery is becoming too much. That's how the other day my BBC data plan finished in two days after I downloaded videos worth 400MB. My data became extremely slow that I had to wait for like 3 to 5mins for Nairaland frontpage 2 load. I checked status and they said I do not have data plan that I should please subscribe. Their matter don tire me jawee; am buying a glo sim for that purpose.
Good choice i must say, i made mine about a year now and ceriozly I am not regretting tho i must say dey may have deir own hiccups but in terms of data and calls, I must say esp recently, they havent disappointed... I'm truly impressed by deir service given I used to write them off a lot... Now for me itz all airtel n glo...wen ever derz any goodie, etisalat...
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 10, 2014
even Etisalat that I bought 3 days b4 they sent me this message. is like these pple take their customers 4 a ride.

Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2014
Miraclestar:

Good choice i must say, i made mine about a year now and ceriozly I am not regretting tho i must say dey may have deir own hiccups but in terms of data and calls, I must say esp recently, they havent disappointed... I'm truly impressed by deir service given I used to write them off a lot... Now for me itz all airtel n glo...wen ever derz any goodie, etisalat...
Thank you very much for sharing ur experience with glo. I had been loyal 2 emtyHen and this is the time to compare and contrast especially now that emptyHen has turned deceit to their watchword. I can't wait for my BBC to expire just so I can start using it for that purpose. Thanks for ur comment
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2014
shadelek:
I don't even check their call twice on my phone before I press the red button on my phone coz I know nothing good come out of MTN. They always find a way to exthort money from we the subscriber. Imagine them quoting Isaiah for me and asking me to send it to one silly no to get the ringback tone. I wonder if its me that we be listening to it or someone else. God go deduct my Money wey you comot in an unjust way from your purse
They have different tricks they introduce 2 subscribers. The moment they see that you aren't replying to their SMS; they start calling ur number in the name of wanting 2 know how u are enjoying their network. From there, the customer care representative will say we have an offer for u dis week,"Load and get 500% bonus 2 call all network". Their matter don tire me. I can't even leave credit on the line I subscribed 4 BBC else na so Dem dey commot am small small. Soon it's only 2 receive calls that I will use it for!
Re: Wow, My Darling MTN Just Surprised Me! by nas4q(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2014
murimoney:
even Etisalat that I bought 3 days b4 they sent me this message. is like these pple take their customers 4 a ride.
This our network providers sef dey craze for head. Imagine d rubbish. That's why I don't like having credit scattered all over my lines. Like Airtel, if I leave N500 on the line and remove it from phone for a week. When I return to check my balance, it will read N0.00!

(1) (Reply)

Different Types Of People U Will Meet In Various Whatsapp Groups / Mpj Extended Batteries For Lg G3,samsung S4 And Blackberry Z10 For Sale. / How To Activate Airtel Triple Data Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.