Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song (1274 Views)

Beyonce Sued For $7m By Former Backup Singer (see Photos) / Beyonce Sued For Copyright Infringement / Beyonce Sued By Des'ree Over "still In Love (kissing You)" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song by lexiie(f): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Beyoncé who was named the highest earning female entertainer of the year 2014 is being sued for stealing a song.

According to TMZ, up and coming singer Javon Lane is suing Bee for stealing a song from her.

“I believe my copyrighted musical work has been infringed upon,” a 27-year-old artist named Javon contends in a new federal lawsuit.
The song ‘XO’ which is on her fifth studio album. Javon Lane is claiming that he wrote a number named ‘XOXO’ and shared it with another singer who does background vocals for Beyoncé , the track supposedly ended up in her hands and a copycat track emerged.

Radar Online states that Javon is asking for millions in damages from Knowles in the handwritten complaint that he filed in New York without a lawyer.

The judge granted him “pauper” status — which waives his court fees — because he said he makes just $2,800 a month working for Carnival Cruise Lines.

Beyoncé is now being sued for $3 million. Well she definitely has more than enough to spare to clear this lawsuit but would Queen Beyonce let her image get tarnished by Javon lee ? or is this just a way for the up and coming singer to get popular or even hustle ?

Both versions of the song well doesn't sound same tho …I really wonder what his allegations are ?

Listen to both versions of the song below! share in the comments whether or not you think Knowles has to worry.
http://www.evatese.com/2014/11/06/beyonce-sued-3-million-allegedly-copying-xo/
Re: Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song by edwife(f): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song by bukatyne(f): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
edwife:
Bukatyne,please i called you here because the message i replied was removed.I was not in anyway referring to you,sorry if it sounded like that....

It's just something i noticed in Nairaland,and i had to say it,and i had no option than to use your mention as a medium,sorry about that.

I hope you understand,i have never been the type to diss people or ferment trouble be it in real life or Nairaland.

Hope we good...

Goodnight smiley

Using my post as a springboard to address the people you have issues with was off and I w as surprised because I did not even post on the thread in question

I do not advise people based on what I would do but their peculiar situation

WE are good

Goodnight smiley

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song by edwife(f): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Using my post as a springboard to address the people you have issues with was off and I w as surprised because I did not even post on the thread in question

I do not advise people based on what I would do but their peculiar situation

WE are good

Goodnight smiley

I do not have any issue with anyone,like i said i was referring to no one in particular but just something i noticed happening here.I do agree it was off....
Re: Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song by bukatyne(f): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
edwife:

I do not have any issue with anyone,like i said i was referring to no one in particular but just something i noticed happening here.I do agree it was off....

No problem
Re: Beyonce Sued $3 Million For Allegedly Copying Xo Song by Kunbee: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2014
She should sue for more money

(1) (Reply)

Lola Omotayo Sends Loving Shoutout As P-square Celebrate Bithday / Angelina Jolie Survives Ghastly Auto Crash In Los Angeles / Davido And Wizkid Reconcile, Party Together In Lagos [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.