Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. (726 Views)

1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / What Passage In The Bible Keeps You Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. by lanxlot(m): 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
My assertion, call it opinion if you want, is'nt Only the logical Or legal one. often, logic has no bearing when it comes to matters of the scripture. so, correct me if you think I am wrong. what i want to talk on, i extracted from the book of genesis chapter 1vs26a. Then God said "let us make man in our image, According to our likeness. people have the notion that the Word of God above refers to our physical Make-up (our body) but I Strongly disagree. it has a connotative Meaning. it talks about something greater than the body, something invincible. call it your soul Or a spirit if you like. Now, God is spirit, if then He created us in his image it follows literally Or logically that we ought to have been spirit, but that's not the case. Hence, it implies something interior not our exterior. Again, God told Adam genesis chapter 2vs17 "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the DAY that you eat of it you shall surely die. Adam survived the day after he trespassed(physically he did not die) but something within in him died(spiritually he did die) for he Was seperated from God.
Re: A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. by Hiswordxray(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Very good, but here is a question - if man is a spirit how than did God create the real man? did the book of Genesis only recorded how God create the tabernacle of man and not the real man? is seem that emphasis is placed on how he create the tabernacle rather than the man.
Re: A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. by lanxlot(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Very good, but here is a question - if man is a spirit how than did God create the real man? did the book of Genesis only recorded how God create the tabernacle of man and not the real man? is seem that emphasis is placed on how he create the tabernacle rather than the man.
I never said man is spirit bro.
Re: A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
lanxlot:
I never said man is spirit bro.

What then are you saying?
What you wrote seem unclear.
Re: A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. by lanxlot(m): 5:29am On Nov 07, 2014
Hiswordxray:

What then are you saying?
What you wrote seem unclear.
the image of God in us is in our soul, not in our motal body....u copy,?

(1) (Reply)

.? / Is It Biblical To Store Goods For Future / Don't Worship Idols Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.