Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

A Nigerian Digital Encyclopedia - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A Nigerian Digital Encyclopedia (490 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Digital Encyclopedia by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
I am sure most nigerians have benefited from wikipedia.
I just thought, why not make a nigerian version? i mean, wikipedia hardly has any info on nigerian tinz. . . the page on the whole of the yoruba tribe is just barely longer than that of the avengers movie! a search on the word: `shebi' , well, you know.
so, i guess what i'm trying to say is, let's make a nigerian culture exclusive online encyclopedia! i know it will be great and even serve as a platform for other peoples to get to know us better.
So, somebody should start of with the website and post the url and let us all start putting in entries and i give us two years. that person will be a confirmed celebrity not to mention rich.
Re: A Nigerian Digital Encyclopedia by jchima14: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
Thats a great Idea, and the market base to who you will even be selling the product to that is Active Internet users in Nigeria now stands at 48 million which will make it very Profitable.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/more-news/science-tech-news/item/351-active-internet-users-in-nigeria-now-stands-at-48-million-nitda
Re: A Nigerian Digital Encyclopedia by paranorman(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2014
The real question is: who is gonna create this website? Who's gonna bring it to reality?!
Re: A Nigerian Digital Encyclopedia by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
My point exactly. I would do it but i don't really have the know how.

(1) (Reply)

Home Depot Hackers Stole 53 Million Email Addresses / Buy Original Software / Antivirus / Free News Monitoring Android App For U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.