Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 (7276 Views)

This Golf4 Needed Ur Attention Pls........ / 2015 Peugeot 508: Review, Specification & Price / Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by adanny01(m): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
What i think the op is asking is in physical difference.

To answer that i will upload two pictures of the same car with a red circle and an arrow pointing to what i have always noticed as a difference between the American and the European Golf models.

Notice the side amber reflectors/lights in the first pix which is the American model. The same difference exist in all Golf models i have seen.

Personally, i prefer the European model to the American.

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
erico2k2:

Ok what % of Golf would U say is automatic in thr US?

I've presented the data from eBay and CarMax showing actual numbers.

CityNG:

I cannot compare US to Europe as I don't live there and I'm not in tune with their offerings.
Of this I know, manual transmission Golf are more common here in the states than automatics.
Again, as you cling the food chain in the VW brand then you'll be seeing more automatics than manuals.
It took me 3 months to finally find a manual 2009 Jetta for a coworker but I kept running into manual Golf.
HARD DATA:
I went on CarMax.Com, a premier online car sales site and searched for VW Golf. Out of all the Golf they had for sale in the United States (43), 32 were automatics and the rest were manuals - 11.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
CityNG:

I've presented the data from eBay and CarMax showing actual numbers.

ermm well you said the ratio of Auto to manual is 32 to 11, that still mean 32 auto was found while manual was 11.i will check on Ebay Uk and see brb
Right I just did
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Volkswagen-/9873/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vw+golf&_dcat=9873&Model=Golf&rt=nc
on there Auto=797
Manual=4816
so you see where my Data are coming from.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
adanny01:
What i think the op is asking is in physical difference.

To answer that i will upload two pictures of the same car with a red circle and an arrow pointing to what i have always noticed as a difference between the American and the European Golf models.

Notice the side amber reflectors/lights in the first pix which is the American model. The same difference exist in all Golf models i have seen.

Personally, i prefer the European model to the American.
thanx
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
erico2k2:

ermm well you said the ratio of Auto to manual is 32 to 11, that still mean 32 auto was found while manual was 11.i will check on Ebay Uk and see brb
Right I just did
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Volkswagen-/9873/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vw+golf&_dcat=9873&Model=Golf&rt=nc
on there Auto=797
Manual=4816
so you see where my Data are coming from.

I never used the word ratio and I never commented on Europe (I don't care about that).

I'm specifically talking about the U.S. market solely

Again, I never questioned your Europe data. Your US data however is faulty and has been proven as such with hard data.

This that you wrote "erico2k2: you are more likely to get the manual transmission from Europe, the American spec would be Auto" is THE ONLY thing I'm questioning.

Thanks,
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by adanny01(m): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
thanx

Welcome.

The pix by billy187 is also a valid difference between the American and European.

Thirdly, in the instrument cluster, the American will definately have speedometer calibrations in miles and in bold with smaller case kilometers but European will only be in Kilometers with no presence of miles.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just an FYI to you guys.

One of the "cutsie" thing that is done here int he USA is to make US spec cars looks like the European market car. Even I was guilty of this shenanigan by replacing the headlight on my 190e with European headlights.

You can change headlights, clusters, bumper covers, etc fairly easily. There's even a cottage industry in changing cars from LHD to RHD and I myself have always done that to all my British cars.

The best and solid way of verification is still by the VIN after it's passed the visual look.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
adanny01:

Welcome.

The pix by billy187 is also a valid difference between the American and European.

Thirdly, in the instrument cluster, the American will definately have speedometer calibrations in miles and in bold with smaller case kilometers but European will only be in Kilometers with no presence of miles.
i. Rily appreciate

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Spot Damaged And Flood Damage Vehicles / Coastal Oil 5w 30 - Reviews / 2019 Prophesies On Cartalk Gazzuzz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.