Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 (7100 Views)

This Golf4 Needed Ur Attention Pls........ / 2015 Peugeot 508: Review, Specification & Price / Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 4:14am On Nov 07, 2014
I want to buy a golf 4 manual drive ,American specification.. Kind help me on how to identify it, thank you.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 9:24am On Nov 07, 2014
Oga Siena ansa me pls
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
you are more likely to get the manual transmission from Europe, the American spec would be Auto
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
erico2k2:
you are more likely to get the manual transmission from Europe, the American spec would be Auto
thank you
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by lonelydora: 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
Oga Siena ansa me pls
This is a forum, mentioning a particular name might make others who know about it not to comment.
@Siena, no offence intended. Just letting him know how it's done.

1 Like

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:10am On Nov 08, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
I want to buy a golf 4 manual drive ,American specification.. Kind help me on how to identify it, thank you.

this time i would be hash

damn fool somethings you dont need nairaland just google and you will find all the answers

you have the answers by the fingertips damn type the infor you want on google and google will gibe you the links to answers
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 2:21am On Nov 08, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

this time i would be hash

damn fool somethings you dont need nairaland just google and you will find all the answers

you have the answers by the fingertips damn type the infor you want on google and google will gibe you the links to answers
thanks for the insult, u can as well suggest that without the insult..

I need answers
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Not true.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
thanks for the insult, u can as well suggest that without the insult..

I need answers

you are being lazy and you want to be spoonfed

the answers you have them by the fingertips google and you will get all the answers
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
CityNG:

Not true.
Brov trust me, the Eu is %89 stick shift,the USA is more like %90 Auto, now down here Auto cost %10 more than Manual.My BMW is Auto same make,same year ,same Engine cost £1000 less.People are not really into Auto in the Eu.Ironically, teh VW brand and some other EU brand are cheaper to buy in the USA, I don't know why.ie the Jag and Audis
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

the answers you have them by the fingertips google and you will get all the answers
Brov free the guy small, he might just be browsing with is 2" phone grin grin grin
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 2:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

this ur statement is better than the previous one, lazy is better than using the word fool..

I hv done than but I have not gotten much information that wud help, that's why I came to this forum to aak.can u help me with a link,pls?
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Brov trust me, the Eu is %89 stick shift,the USA is more like %90 Auto, now down here Auto cost %10 more than Manual.My BMW is Auto same make,same year ,same Engine cost £1000 less.People are not really into Auto in the Eu.Ironically, teh VW brand and some other EU brand are cheaper to buy in the USA, I don't know why.ie the Jag and Audis
ok
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Brov free the guy small, he might just be browsing with is 2" phone grin grin grin
lol
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
this ur statement is better than the previous one, lazy is better than using the word fool..

I hv done than but I have not gotten much information that wud help, that's why I came to this forum to aak.can u help me with a link,pls?

what i said still stand becoz thats how i see it

back to thread you should have mentioned that from the begining saying i have search and i cant seem to find much infor
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Sorry no offense meant but I cannot trust you because your data is faulty.

Maybe it's near those numbers for upscale models like Passat/Jetta but not true for VWs intro cars like Golf.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
CircleOfWilis:

The only way "I" know is to decode the VIN.

So get your VIN number (if seller will allow) and then decode it.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
Go to

http://www.vindecoder.net/car-brand-manufacturer/volkswagen

As an example the Jetta that I'm selling is built in Mexico so I'm certain it's meant for North American consumption.

VIN: 3VWRZ71KX9M092327
WMI / VDS / VIS:3VW / RZ71KX / 9M092327

Model: Jetta
Type: Car
Make: Volkswagen
Model year: 2009
Manufacturer: Volkswagen de Mexico
Manufactured in: Mexico (North America)

Plant: Puebla, Mexico
Sequential number: 092327

Body style: Sedan
Body type: 4-Door Sedan
Doors: 4
Driveline: FWD
Engine series: 5-Cyl. 2.5L
Engine type: L5, 2.5L
Fuel type: Gasoline
Safety restraints: Dual Air Bag
Series: SE / SEL
For more information visit:Get Vehicle Records & Owner Information
Get Complete VIN Audit
Get Certified Vehicle History Report
Get Reverse VIN Number Check
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
CityNG:

Sorry no offense meant but I cannot trust you because your data is faulty.

Maybe it's near those numbers for upscale models like Passat/Jetta but not true for VWs intro cars like Golf.
You can check Autotrader.co.uk the datas will speak 4 itself.U can check the percentage n prices of manual relative to the Auto.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

You can check Autotrader.co.uk the datas will speak 4 itself.U can check the percentage n prices of manual relative to the Auto.

erico2k2:

Automatic always has a premium over manual, I am not debating that.

What I don't believe is that the American spec would be Auto .
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
CityNG:

Automatic always has a premium over manual, I am not debating that.

What I don't believe is that the American spec would be Auto .
Ok well I said more likely.Also I was reffering to the european brand to be manual even on American soil.That being said u r more likely to find more manual VWs in Europe than the US.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by billy187(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

I and my 2" phone find your post highly offensive grin

Anyways, op...one of the ways of finding out where a golf spent its hey days is looking at where the rear license plate is placed. The american spec ones are almost square in shape...just big enough to hold a naija plate...the euro spec ones are much more rectangular though. the first pic is us spec and the second one is euro spec

3 Likes

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Ok well I said more likely.Also I was reffering to the european brand to be manual even on American soil.That being said u r more likely to find more manual VWs in Europe than the US.

I cannot compare US to Europe as I don't live there and I'm not in tune with their offerings.

Of this I know, manual transmission Golf are more common here in the states than automatics.

Again, as you cling the food chain in the VW brand then you'll be seeing more automatics than manuals.

It took me 3 months to finally find a manual 2009 Jetta for a coworker but I kept running into manual Golf.

HARD DATA:

I went on CarMax.Com, a premier online car sales site and searched for VW Golf. Out of all the Golf they had for sale in the United States (43), 32 were automatics and the rest were manuals - 11.

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
On eBay, in the entire United States, there are 33 automatic Golfs For Sale and 35 Manual.

The reason that I'm excited about this debate is that for whatever reasons the US is always thought of a country of slush boxes.

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
And like I said, as you mov up the food chain, you'll start finding less manual an more automatics. So let's compare the Golf (VW's entry level vehicle) now to Jetta (VW's mid range vehicle).

On eBay in the entire United States, there are 153 automatics compared to only 33 manuals.

For the Passat, there are 83 autos versus 2 manuals, int he entire USA for sale on eBay.

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
billy187:

I and my 2" phone find your post highly offensive grin

Anyways, op...one of the ways of finding out where a golf spent its hey days is looking at where the rear license plate is placed. The american spec ones are almost square in shape...just big enough to hold a naija plate...the euro spec ones are much more rectangular though. the first pic is us spec and the second one is euro spec

Thank you for this astute post. It should help the OP.

The OP should note that the rear bumper cover is easily switched though.

1 Like

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
CityNG:
And like I said, as you mov up the food chain, you'll start finding less manual an more automatics. So let's compare the Golf (VW's entry level vehicle) now to Jetta (VW's mid range vehicle).

On eBay in the entire United States, there are 153 automatics compared to only 33 manuals.

For the Passat, there are 83 autos versus 2 manuals, int he entire USA for sale on eBay.
Arggg brov we are both saying same thing.more auto than manual in America but Europe Mor Manual than Auto
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

what i said still stand becoz thats how i see it

back to thread you should have mentioned that from the begining saying i have search and i cant seem to find much infor

u hv not said anything meaningful to help the situation..are u naira land police?

I request u ignore the thread, try some other guys in anoda tthread
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by CircleOfWilis: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2 and cityng thank you

1 Like

Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
u hv not said anything meaningful to help the situation..are u naira land police?

I request u ignore the thread, try some other guys in anoda tthread

am here to share what i know and saying what i think

if what i say pisses you off then get used to it am not here to please anyone but to share want i know and air my views
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
erico2k2:

Arggg brov we are both saying same thing.more auto than manual in America but Europe Mor Manual than Auto

No offense meant but we are actually not saying the same thing.

Speaking specifically of Golf, and in the US only, 90% of Golfs are not automatics.

I do not know the European economy.
Re: HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 by erico2k2(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2014
CityNG:

No offense meant but we are actually not saying the same thing.

Speaking specifically of Golf, and in the US only, 90% of Golfs are not automatics.

I do not know the European economy.
Ok what % of Golf would U say is automatic in thr US?

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Nigeria Used' And 'Registered' Cars - Any Difference? / How To Prevent Seat Belt Entanglement On Kids / URGENT: Need Oven Baked Painting In ABUJA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.