Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW (20598 Views)

Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG / Price Of Cement Hits All-time High / Up From 3,800mw Last Week, Power Generation Hits 4,000mw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Orikinla(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2014
The largest economy in Africa with over 170 million people is celebrating mere 4,600MW?
Is this administration run by re-tarded people?

[size=18pt]
My successors abandoned power sector —Obasanjo

“Let me give you an example: the population of South Africa is 55 million and they generate 45,000 megawatts. Our population today is about 180 million people and could not generate 4,000 megawatts. And South Africa is an industrialising country and not an industrialised nation.

“For us to say that we are industrialising country, we must be generating much more than what South Africa is generating, say 100,000 mega watts. What year will Nigeria get there if we are adding 2,000 mega watts each year? For us to get to 100, 000 mega watts, I leave the mathematics to you. It sounds very discouraging but that is the reality”, he said.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/successors-abandoned-power-sector-obasanjo/#sthash.6cnJAQnp.dpuf [/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by 9jatatafo(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2014
Big lie! We don't have light, we only see light when the power people wants to distribute light bill. OP this topic is an electioneering move.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by jamst(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2014
Acidosis:

Go and pay your 'NEPA' bill
grin grin grin

*jokin o
guy! I paid 4000naira out of my last total bill of 5000naira...and i still get poor service 4rm dis useless nepa ppl and it govt
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Mc4larin: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2014
Splashme:
I have noticed lots of improvements lately - Ajao Estate (Lagos)

My friend, are you high on weed?
Which Ajao estate are u talking abt? Is it d one in Katsina state?
Cos we've not seen light in Ajao estate, Lagos since monday

saTANoid fellow

4 Likes

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2014
Southerner ar suffering under goodluck lead admistration. I based in Jos i can count d numba of days i slept without lite sometime i prospone my work because i no ther will be steady lite. For the south. Is nt gej fault is the company that bought or bid for ur state suply. So work up to their office and talk to them they are out there to make profit not the former PHcn get dat team Gej. Till 2019 no vacancy
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Ajascolove(m): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2014
manutdadex:
lite dey lagos wella...and in akure d two states i live in! If there is no lite in other states..speak to d electricity company in charge of ur area! Stop ur brain frm enslavin u..use it
Are you in Akure now? Because no light since monday.
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by manutdadex(m): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2014
Ajascolove:

Are you in Akure now? Because no light since monday.
we use to have 18 hrs everyday...every nite till day brk is a sure banker...b4 i left early dis wk

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Ajascolove(m): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2014
manutdadex:
we use to have 18 hrs everyday...every nite till day brk is a sure banker...b4 i left early dis wk
na lie abeg. Which area for Akure? Is it alagbaka or Ijapo? Araromi or Oke-aro? Ijoka or ondo road? Oyemekun or shagari? Tell me and let me give you d distribution statistics of Akure?
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by manutdadex(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ajascolove:

na lie abeg. Which area for Akure? Is it alagbaka or Ijapo? Araromi or Oke-aro? Ijoka or ondo road? Oyemekun or shagari? Tell me and let me give you d distribution statistics of Akure?
futa
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Tibins(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Some Nigerians are indeed like the proverbial tortoise, who was imprisoned in the smelly pit for a long time. The day freedom came knocking beacame the day to show forth all the bottled up anger. Exclaiming: Come and take me out of this pit, don't you know the smell is killing me here?
1. GEJ signed FOI bill into Law to give Nigerians freedom to express selves without fear, we make him our first victim.
2. He opened up the transactions of govt to run a transparent govt. We now know things that had happened in govt before him, and things that too many to seal up at the thesame , and he is working it by changing the systems under which they ride through; but because we heard of these in his time, we think he's most currupt, and blame and abuse him.....
3. He got weary of power failure and privatized power, barely 1year we think we should have had constant power supplies.....

I really weep for our generation. We do not know how things are done and where we are coming from no more. The date power sector was pronouced privatized is begining of investment in that sector. So you guys shouldn't expect it overnight. Progress and changes take time to achieve. Let's all be patient. Even the opposition can't do that in four years I assure you. GEJ has o9nly started it in 1year. Give it more three years to yield the desired results.......God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Usmanmuhammedd: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
I am not a pro jonathan,but how come anytime good tins are announce we always go against it. dont we want to hear good stories are we so wicked dat all we will wish to hear is bad news,if is bad news news we will all believe like the devil himsef but dis one no it a lie.and for ur information,if power generation increase to 10,000 mega watt.dos nt mins dat u will have light automatically,dere is generation,there is transmission and distribution,all d process av to work fine.if i may ask you guys is your transformer gud?am not sayin dat i like pdp govment,bt my take is y do we always like bad news and hate good ones,like dis one.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by loswhite(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
omenka:
What a shameless gang of lairs.

Power generation reached this and that point, yet when you go out to get some stuff done in town, you get nauseous with fumes from generators and almost get deaf from the noise coming from the same. I've been spending no less than N1500 every 30hrs to fuel my generator!!

This government has lost all credibility honestly. Even the rodents in Aso Rock can pick out the lies in every story they tell us.
"Peak generation as of that date was put at 4,284.3MW, while the peak demand forecast was 12,800MW." Do the maths
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by honeric01(m): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
I left home without power, we mostly see stable power anytime from 11pm to 4 am.. i got to the office to see darkness, as i am typing now, we are on gen even though i was told there was power for like 2 hours in the morning.

Still running on gen.

on average, we see power like 2-4 hours between 8 am and 6 pm in the office and when i am home, i see power for like 3-7 hours between 6pm and 9am in the morning.

Note that when i eventually go home on time (between 10am - 5pm), i seldom see power.

My area is within Egbeda-Iyana Ipaja axis.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by willibounce1(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Chibabi:
Some of us do notice dis improvement but we are jst S̶̲̥̅ơ̴̴͡ cursed on raining insult on our leaders even wen d are right. As for mi and anybody leaving in North Bank Makurdi Benue state can attest to dis to b true

So because u enjoy light in makurdi, means people in other states who haven't noticed any change are cursed. You need to always think before u type. Your head is not for decoration.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by sirchurks: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
But seriously, power is improveing.... Lyk in ma area in Oyigbo, u can get 18/24 hrs of light while in enugu, I don njoy light 4 lyk 22/24hrs a day 4 lyk 1 week.... Xo de aint doin xo bad...
Blame nepa abi na wetin b their new name... De somtyms intentionally play all dis pranks of no lite...

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Blood of Jesus!!!
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by iluvweed(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
How can I experience improvement when OUR transformer has been faulty for over 4 months............ undecided
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by bejeria101(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
All time high? Our power sector don dey smoke weed? Better come and collect my power bank join am yeye!
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Shokoloko:
Rossike u need to be more civil in your responses.
While the situation may not have improved for some others it may have improved in your area. My area in portharcourt for example, the situation is worse. I cant tell if the issue is localized or not.
I dont think most of the complainants here are lying. A few might be exaggerating but they CANNOT all be lying.
Stop making personal insults and Allow people air their grievances.

[size=15pt]ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. DID FG SAY EVERYWHERE NOW HAS MORE LIGHT? WHY CAN'T THESE ILLITERATES UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH? THAT POWER GENERATION HAS INCREASED DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR PARTICULAR HOUSE OR YOUR PARTICULAR AREA MUST BE EXPERIENCING MORE LIGHT THAN USUAL, JUST AS IF POWER SUPPLY DECREASES IT DOES NOT NECESSARILY IMPLY THAT YOUR AREA MUST BE EXPERIENCING LESS LIGHT. YOU ILLITERATES SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO STUDY HOW THE POWER SYSTEM WORKS, AND HOW VAST THIS COUNTRY IS, INSTEAD OF STUPI.DLY CALLING GOVT OFFICIALS ''LIARS'', OR YOU INVITE THE WRATH OF KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE. MEANWHILE, YOU ONLY REMEMBER 'CIVILITY' WHEN SOMEBODY ABUSES YOU BACK, BUT YOU LIKE TO FREELY ABUSE AND INSULT THOSE IN GOVT AS IF THEY TOO ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS.....[/size]
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
mostfavoured:
As much as i agree that 4600MW is not a worth we should celebrate yet but remembering where we were even after obj spent $16Bn on power (we were actually hovering around 2200MW) then i choose to commend GEJ for efforts made so far and wish he could do more.

Many of you whom made comments think that improvement of 10MW is like what you go to market and buy in 3 days (well i pardon your ignorance because social media is for all irrespective of levels of exposure to knowledge). Ask fashola if the power plants he celebrated with fanfares and lots of pictures (both the mainland power project and the island power project) can boast of 25MW (actually the combined capacity they claimed is 8.8MW+10MW=18.8MW).

My conclusion is that it is not so easy to get to the 40,000MW south african installed capacity you are reffering to in such a short time. If previous government has done the needful we wont be where we are now....appreciate the improvements we are having, we will get there if this tempo is sustained.

[size=15pt]Thank You. South Africa has been building power plants and power systems since 1898 (Driehoek Power Station, Gauteng, 1898, Mount Road Power Station, Eastern Cape 1906, Colenso Power Station KwaZulu-Natal 1926, Orlando Power Station Gauteng 1942, Pretoria West Power Station Gauteng 1952, Swartkops Power Station Eastern Cape 1954 etc etc). Why would they not have 40,000 MW by today?

Nigeria's first power plant was Kainji Dam commissioned in 1968 by the govt of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. THE BRITISH STOLE NIGERIA BLIND AND BUILT NO POWER INFRASTRUCTURE AT ALL FROM 1897 TO 1960, MEANING WE HAD TO START FROM NOTHING AT INDEPENDENCE. THAT IS THE MAIN REASON WE ARE PLAYING CATCH UP TO SOUTH AFRICA TODAY. IT'S NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TWO HEADS. IT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE A 70 YEAR HEAD START ON US.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by FEMoxylian: 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
We have enjoyed electricity supply 23.5/24 daily for 7days running now at CBN Estate

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Chibabi(m): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
willibounce1:

So because u enjoy light in makurdi, means people in other states who haven't noticed any change are cursed. You need to always think before u type. Your head is not for decoration.
dis ya reaction shows U̶̲̥̅̊ always angry wen U̶̲̥̅̊ hear anytin gud abt dis country. Nt rily ya fault sha because d only positive in ya life is ya HIV statue

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by NobleG1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
They usually wake in morning and fabricate things to tell dumb Nigerians.
The worst part of it is that Most mentally-challenged Nigerians believe these astronomically corrupt politicians.
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Of a true, I'm enjoying light in my area for the past one week. I stay at ikorodu, Lagos.
Hope it continues this way.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bunch of un-repentant liar/looters! My gen's bin workin all round d clock!
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by otokx(m): 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
We are in a season of lies; first it was 40 million cars now 4 thousand something megawatts, we have been 4 warned.

We did not see NEPA today @ UNIPORT.
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by sebali: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
danaiks:

Click "Like" if power supply has increased in your area
Or
Click "Share" if there is no difference

Statistics will tell!!

In my area it has gone worse
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by richt75: 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
5 days of uninterrupted power at ago palace way Okota.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by neocortex: 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
Light is gradually improving. thumbs up to GEJ.
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by saintandsinnerz: 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
DTaj:
It is a shame. Real shame. South Africa with 50 million people is generating 40,000-50,000mW, and the 'giant of Africa' is rolling out the drums, holding a press conference to celebrate 4,600mW for 170 million people! What a country! What a leadership and more unfortunately, what a docile, cheap, tribalistic, "religiosity-imbued", easily-appeased followership!

This so-called 4,600 mW is not reflecting in power supply in at least one third of Lagos. No change. We still run generators almost for the entire day...

That any sane Nigerian will support PDP at the Federal level since 1999 (I support and admire few PDP Governors who are doing well) is the height of irrationality. Only people who are benefitting from (or whose family members are benefitting from) the rot in Nigeria will support PDP at the Federal level! And of course the tribalistic, religiously-blinded 'follow-follow' Nigerians

Do you know why your kind disgust me? Because you always have this misguided belief that anybody who doesn't see things from your perspective are studpid and totally ignorant! Look, people have different reasons from making their choices and so when they do, you better respect it. Though i consider myself apolitical, but if i decide to vote for the PDP at the federal level tomorrow will that make me cheap, docile, ''tribalistic'', and easily appeased as you stated? Man, this is 21st century where people are free to make their choices devoid of dogmatism and bigotry. Wake up man, the world doesn't revolve around your opinion and it will never will!
Re: FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW by sleekman(m): 2:57am On Nov 08, 2014
Olamide1997:
Well, This is a very big lie. Electricity was better in Obasanjo's era. FG just likes deceiving the masses because of the 2015 elections
Yes some areas were but during Yar Adua's tenure so many communities came on the national grid and still do till this day. Generation was 2000MW max under OBJ. Now we're seeing steady improvement through private participation. If equipments weren't vandalized maybe we would have hit 6000MW by now. I still believe GEJ will hit 10,000MW b4 d end of 2019.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Sells Dollars To BDCs Below Market Rate At ₦‎1,101/$1 / My Mum's Experience With WEMA BANK / Top Paying Online Marketing Programs Nigerians Can Sign Up For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.