Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Hausa And The Begging Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa And The Begging Culture (960 Views)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Traditional/ Native Hausa And Fulani Names? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa And The Begging Culture by JohnEazy(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
I grew up in lagos,stayed in ogun,visited onitcha,PH,calabar and akwa ibom. I can say authoritatively that it's very rare to see An ibo man,yoruba man,calabar man even edo man begging for arms on the highway/hold-up. 90% of beggars that have seen are northerners. Note:- they are not disabled(i.e they can hustle to make ends meet). So my question is that "Is begging part of their culture?or they jus enjoy the activity"
Re: Hausa And The Begging Culture by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lol this reminds me of the song we used to sing wen we wr pikins bak in dose days..... Igbo play wayo, hausa beggie beggie, yoruba Poo for poe....lol
Re: Hausa And The Begging Culture by yungEX(m): 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
na illiteracy

1 Like

Re: Hausa And The Begging Culture by 1shortblackboy: 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Lol this reminds me of the song we used to sing wen we wr pikins bak in dose days..... Igbo play wayo, hausa beggie beggie, yoruba Poo for poe....lol
cheesy cheesy so u sing this song too I been think say na ibe my neighbour Wey compose this song o
Re: Hausa And The Begging Culture by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2014
1shortblackboy:
cheesy cheesy so u sing this song too I been think say na ibe my neighbour Wey compose this song o
hahahahhaha see u..dat ur ibe of a neighbour na scam...song wey be say wey reign dose days wen we dey primary school.. jooor

(1) (Reply)

How The Yoruba Can Deal With The Igbo....azuka Onwuka / Myths - Sorounding Oranmiyan-staff / Why Igbo Are Holding Cultural Festival In Lagos— Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.