Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? (840 Views)

Usenbor Osasu Michael Is Missing (Photo) / My Sister Is Missing Please / Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Uwadiegwu1: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hello,

Please i want your opinion on this survey. I know most of us like it here because it is a place where you feel relaxed and chit chat with others. I want your voices to be heard and wanted to ask, what features or change you have or would need Nairaland to implement. I know we're in 21st century and we enjoy things that are modern/new, but i have heard a lot of complains that NL has not changed since it started. He is very much interested in advertising and earning a living from it. The forum is not organized, he is not a public person like Linda Ikeji blah blah. Now, it is your time to voice them out here.

Examples:

https://www.nairaland.com/1363414/changes-want-nairaland

Features like:
Better Private Messages.Nairaland's PM feature is quite primitive.Your email is given out teach time you contact someone.
A more appealing UI.I have seen some cool looking forums.
A polling System.People with privileges should be able to create polls.
A Homepage.Every user should have a standard page to showcase their best topics,posts,business and products.(Not talking about profile page).
A hierarchy system based on posts,time registered or likes.e.g child,adolescent,adult,mod.
Also a quick reply form at the bottom of the page will do.
Author Pane at the left side of every post with info about commenter and a link to PM.
Use of Javascript. For liking posts and a quick edit button for modifying posts without reloading pages.

Thank you for reading
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Ezedon(m): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
I need a feature whereby LIKES can be converted to call credits or cash
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Ezedon(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
I will like a feature where by one can send customised sms
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Uwadiegwu1: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ezedon:
I will like a feature where by one can send customised sms

You mean where the forum can be responsive - in all kind of mobile phones?
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by medoyin(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dislike button
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Ezedon(m): 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Uwadiegwu1:

You mean where the forum can be responsive - in all kind of mobile phones?
i meant bulk and customised sms
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Uwadiegwu1: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ezedon:
i meant bulk and customised sms

Please can you be specific on exactly what you're talking about? Are you talking about the forum been responsive and users can communicate through mobile phones like you have on twitter and facebook through instant messages? I am trying to understand what exactly you're talking about here? Thank you for your input
Re: What Are The Features Nairaland Is Missing? by Uwadiegwu1: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ezedon:
I need a feature whereby LIKES can be converted to call credits or cash

Don't you think users will abuse the purpose of "likes"? If this is meant to reward users to like your activities

IMO

(1) (Reply)

D'you Remember This...? / Nigerians Blast Femi Falana Over His Report On Half Filled Sprite Can Drinks / Between Unemployment And Under-employment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.