Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help (889 Views)

Shortcut Virus Removal From Windows 7 PC / Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 / Closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help by nymphomaniac(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
am not that good using PC's but I would like to update my dell laptop from windows 8 to 8.1. I would like a step by step guide or a link reason being my laptop came with a windows os which isn't original. d seller bought an Ubuntu laptop and installed a fake windows 8. I would like to know if I will lose any files or any other risk attached. thanks in advance
Re: Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help by Tolzeal(m): 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
nymphomaniac:
am not that good using PC's but I would like to update my dell laptop from windows 8 to 8.1. I would like a step by step guide or a link reason being my laptop came with a windows os which isn't original. d seller bought an Ubuntu laptop and installed a fake windows 8. I would like to know if I will lose any files or any other risk attached. thanks in advance

If you have the legit Windows 8.0 os, you can just visit store and search for upgrade.Same should be applicable to preactivated windows 8.0 for easy upgrade to 8.1.

But seriouly am not getting the later part of ur post! Kindly reframe n post what i can grab easily.

You said you have windows 8, you stil talking abt some1 buying Ubuntu and installing 8.1 (IDG). And if u are upgrading from store or getting a bootable disc/flash. You wont lose a thang except the mere configurations. And some instald apps malfunctioning(Applcble To bootable procedre alone).
Re: Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help by nymphomaniac(m): 8:28am On Nov 09, 2014
Tolzeal:

If you have the legit Windows 8.0 os, you can just visit store and search for upgrade.Same should be applicable to preactivated windows 8.0 for easy upgrade to 8.1.

But seriouly am not getting the later part of ur post! Kindly reframe n post what i can grab easily.

You said you have windows 8, you stil talking abt some1 buying Ubuntu and installing 8.1 (IDG). And if u are upgrading from store or getting a bootable disc/flash. You wont lose a thang except the mere configurations. And some instald apps malfunctioning(Applcble To bootable procedre alone).
thanks for ur response. d dell laptop I bought brand new. s seller I got it from imported the laptop with an Ubuntu os and then removed it and put a windows 8 which isn't legit. it isn't even activated sef. wanna move to 8.1 now, what do I do
Re: Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help by cyrilomeru: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2014
nymphomaniac:
thanks for ur response. d dell laptop I bought brand new. s seller I got it from imported the laptop with an Ubuntu os and then removed it and put a windows 8 which isn't legit. it isn't even activated sef. wanna move to 8.1 now, what do I do

buy a windows 8 activator cd to activate ur windows 8, no differnce btw 8 nd 8.1
Re: Moving From Windows 8 To 8.1 Please Help by Tolzeal(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2014
nymphomaniac:

Its a way cheap then bro! If u can get preactivated windows 8.1 pro handy! Holla I will guide u step by step bro!

(1) (Reply)

Guys Where Can I Download App From For My Pc / Hp Pro Book 6360 B Intel Core I 3 / #great Offers Out Now On Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.